dragon trigger vs dragon tooth

nuwanomura.5763

this a pvp/wvw stance

a fully charged dragon trigger is1.3 power

coefficient. dragon trigger selfs root is easy to read also has 10cd and to fully charge is another 5 secs.

granted if traited you cant be blinded and also stuns but that cause unwinding dragon is very strong and not the skill.

now dragon tooth is 1.5 coefficient after nerfs.

it is skill that follow the Target inflict blind if traited and burns has 8 secs cd has minimal cast is ranged.

it bother me how warrior has always the short end of the stick.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

34 minutes ago, nuwanomura.5763 said:

this a pvp/wvw stance

a fully charged dragon trigger is1.3 power

coefficient. dragon trigger selfs root is easy to read also has 10cd and to fully charge is another 5 secs.

granted if traited you cant be blinded and also stuns but that cause unwinding dragon is very strong and not the skill.

now dragon tooth is 1.5 coefficient after nerfs.

it is skill that follow the Target inflict blind if traited and burns has 8 secs cd has minimal cast is ranged.

it bother me how warrior has always the short end of the stick.

Reduce bladesworn's health to 11k and their armor to 1888 and you can have a 2.0 coefficient on dragon trigger!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 6

2 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Can we get 5 more evades and our weapon blocks to become full blocks as well?

You can't get 5 more evades, instead you can have 5 invulnerability skills and your weapon blocks to become full blocks and Dragon trigger will now inflict an additional side effect of 23 stacks of confusion for 6 seconds. Mild but reasonable.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

There is no amount of payoff you can get in this game for rooting yourself for 5 seconds. The real payoff you should get for hitting someone after that would have to be enough to deal with weakness, protection, toughness and crit dmg reduction. I.e. you'd just oneshot glass builds, then the skill will get nerfed.

Only multi hitters really do anything in this game. But we've been over this in many threads, bladesworn design is not good for pvp. Dragon tooth is oppressive because there is more than just dragons tooth and also it comes out often enough.

Edited by Hotride.2187
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, Hotride.2187 said:

There is no amount of payoff you can get in this game for rooting yourself for 5 seconds. The real payoff you should get for hitting someone after that would have to be enough to deal with weakness, protection, toughness and crit dmg reduction. I.e. you'd just oneshot glass builds, then the skill will get nerfed.

Only multi hitters really do anything in this game. But we've been over this in many threads, bladesworn design is not good for pvp. Dragon tooth is oppressive because there is more than just dragons tooth and also it comes out often enough.

Dragon slash could be ok if they gave it back stability in competitive modes.  And made it go on a 4s CD when interrupted.  Reducing the CD on flicker step would also be smart, but less necessary than the other two.

The biggest issue is that so much of your damage (and all your burst -related traits) are locked behind DT, which is fairly difficult to pull off, especially if you do anything beyond a few charges. You get CC'd, and you lose out on everything and don't get to try again for another 8s.

Contrast that with SpB, who a) has multiple burst abilities, b) has a high-probablilty of success burst in FC (unblockable, can be unblindable, AoE, grants stability), and c) FC refreshes other burst abilities. In short, SpB is built to maximize the benefits from it's bursts and burst related traits, and that's a very good thing. It's well designed. BS, on the other hand, needs help to help it maximize it's potential.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Kodama.6453 said:

Dragon trigger doesn't even take 5 seconds to charge anymore...

It takes 2,5 seconds for a full charge, but can get reduced to 1,25 seconds if tactical reload is used before.
Kinda weird that I am the first person pointing this out.

Ele's are the ones who do math and play piano, Warriors only know how to unga bunga.

Edited by Waffles.5632
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, Waffles.5632 said:

Ele's are the ones who do math and play piano, Warriors only know how to unga bunga.

As if the cata build in question is even remotely math/piano.

And after scepter nerfs cata is back to spamming hammer aoes. Woah, such skill.

Edited by Hotride.2187
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/18/2023 at 2:24 PM, Hotride.2187 said:

As if the cata build in question is even remotely math/piano.

And after scepter nerfs cata is back to spamming hammer aoes. Woah, such skill.

It was a silly joke as a response to me pointing out that the majority of people in here seem to not even know how bladesworn works. It makes me wonder how many people in here actually play it. If so many people claim that the dragon trigger charge still takes 5 seconds, despite this being changed for ages already, then it kinda shows that many people in here might actually not be qualified to discuss bladesworn in the first place.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Kodama.6453 said:

It was a silly joke as a response to me pointing out that the majority of people in here seem to not even know how bladesworn works. It makes me wonder how many people in here actually play it. If so many people claim that the dragon trigger charge still takes 5 seconds, despite this being changed for ages already, then it kinda shows that many people in here might actually not be qualified to discuss bladesworn in the first place.

Only 2 people mentioned the 5 seconds, neither are warrior mains that I know of. The only real contribution to this thread is CTS's post and some kiting on someone.

Anet's BSW changes have for the most part been to shore up DT, with the exception of the removal of Stab from DSD which hurt it. The thing is DT is a bad mechanic and it can only work if it is bloated.

• Thanks 3