Why guild wars 2 is dead

Kstyle.5829

On 2/22/2023 at 10:22 PM, Kstyle.5829 said:

Yes I know about explosives tools scrapper glass build using zerker amulet and chronomancer rune.  That's what all the top scrappers run (which is 1 or 2 people in the top 100)

It's just a noob crusher build.  Anybody that understands how scrapper works can easily counter it.  You need only survive the gyros and hammer 5 - 3 -  2 combo by using your catalyst invulns and then it has 0 damage for about 30 seconds.  It's the ultimate example of a no skill meme power build meta where you dump your load and pray for a one shot.  And and it's not even one of the top 5 power classes that can do this.   Ele specs are the biggest offender in this regard.  

And btw 3 seconds may seem like a short time to lower skilled players but it's an eternity of time to react to.  If you can't react in 3 seconds its probably not the game for you.  Sic em sniper hits 20k + in about 1 second.  Tools holosmith can do around 14k in 0.25 sec.  Chrono can hit over 20k in 0.25 sec.   Scrapper is just easier to pull off.  If you get to higher elo you will notice alot of classes doing more damage than that in a shorter window where if you blink you just die immediately.  

You shouldn't be getting hit and then thinking about dodging. You should know every classes burst rotation and the animations of strong skills and predict them.  Bc reacting to 0.25 seconds is impossible, which is the point I was making to begin with.  

Despite the confused emojis, this post is 100% accurate.

• Confused 2

2 hours ago, Burnfall.9573 said:

Guild Wars 2 stealth design is also a contributed factor with players including new players quitting the game and being 1 shot in stealth. Guild Wars 2 stealth mechanic is Beyond Broken, Guild Wars 2 Stealth Mechanic is Toxic-Unhealthy Design, Anti- Players-Users Experience, Anti-Competitive Experience, Anti-Marketing Tool and Anti-Consumer Experience.

(What a great marketing tool, players experience and reputation...to push away players including new players and helping to keep potential players from  playing the game)

("Words spread like wildfire")

I was feeling like I have seen this man before and lo and behold...

In actual response to the video, everyone here knows stealth in this game is incredibly unhealthy, even those who solely rely upon it and defend its use know this. I just don't think the devs know how to deal with it. Still, Guild Wars 2 has like the second or third best combat in the MMO genre... seemingly by accident.

Edited by Dr Meta.3158
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

23 hours ago, Dr Meta.3158 said:

I was feeling like I have seen this man before and lo and behold...

In actual response to the video, everyone here knows stealth in this game is incredibly unhealthy, even those who solely rely upon it and defend its use know this. I just don't think the devs know how to deal with it. Still, Guild Wars 2 has like the second or third best combat in the MMO genre... seemingly by accident.

Guild Wars 1 didn't have stealth mechanic because it was Toxic, Anti-Competitive and Anti-Player Experience. Take a look at Guild Wars 1 Assassin Profession without having stealth mechanic. 

---------------------------------------------

Also take another look at Shiro Tagashi; who is an Assassin Profession in red cape being hunted and attacked by Guild Wars 1 Assassin in purple 

Having a good combat is not enough to justify the toxicity Guild Wars 2 Stealth promotes and encourages.

(I also believe that it was an accident that that it happened)

Mechanics and Skills should encourage and motivates the players to a healthy competitive experience in return, boost their experience into a fun and enjoyment experience. 

HANDING OUT  REWARDS AND INCREASING IT, DOES NOT CURE TOXICTY, IT ENCOURAGES IT MORE!!!

Edited by Burnfall.9573
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 2/25/2023 at 3:08 PM, Burnfall.9573 said:

Guild Wars 2 stealth design is also a contributed factor with players including new players quitting the game and being 1 shot in stealth. Guild Wars 2 stealth mechanic is Beyond Broken, Guild Wars 2 Stealth Mechanic is Toxic-Unhealthy Design, Anti- Players-Users Experience, Anti-Competitive Experience, Anti-Marketing Tool and Anti-Consumer Experience.

(What a great marketing tool, players experience and reputation...to push away players including new players and helping to keep potential players from  playing the game)

("Words spread like wildfire")

^^^^^^this and ofc barely readable animations and/or instant cast abilites. Worst offender of all this is thief and this class is a prime example of how to not design something for a multiplayer game.

• Like 3