Power Zerker is Viable Now

Zuko.7132

1 hour ago, Orpheus.7891 said:

Ugh I was looking to come back but I'm having a hard time finding a class that I like. I thought I wanted to Guardian but I'm so sick and tired of Condi builds so I was going to make a Warrior only to learn Condi builds are the only viable

How disappointing

Huh?

Spellbreaker power builds are very viable--meta, even. In all content.

Power bladesworn is probably B+ tier in PvP but definitely playable in casual games.

This whole thread is about semi viable power zerker builds...

3 minutes ago, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

Huh?

Spellbreaker power builds are very viable--meta, even. In all content.

Power bladesworn is probably B+ tier in PvP but definitely playable in casual games.

This whole thread is about semi viable power zerker builds...

All I've read was condi builds. That's good to know

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 2/20/2023 at 7:40 AM, Zuko.7132 said:

I honestly think his pvp build is terrible. People can just ignore you. Not enough damage, not enough mobility, no guaranteed access to zerk mode to let you use core bursts. I would just kite it and kill everything else then come back to it.

I’ve made some modifications that I think improve that a bit:

Swap off hands (axe/sh & mace/axe)

Antitoxin runes

Swap Shake it Off for Bull’s Charge (could keep SIO and swap out Endure Pain instead, but I’ve found this is fine with Antitoxin)

It’s still not a top tier build, but no warrior build is for roaming right now anyways.  It does seem to do better than what Vallun posted though since your weapon swap is a short enough cd to still go ham with axe skills if you want to burn, but it gives you a CC available to interrupt key abilities without having to burn your elite or swap to a no damage set.  All the traits give enough sustain and stun breaks to free up another utility to mobility too, so you might as well take Bulls Charge.

1 hour ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

CMC give the resistance from Bloody Roar to Burst of Aggression and in place of that, give back the AoE Taunt on Zerk mode activation.

Idk about the AOE taunt, but I totally agree about resistance on BoA.

I think a few stacks of unblockable attacks when entering berserk mode would be really good on Bloody Roar.

When you look at the most successful warrior specs (SpB and pre-nerf shoutsworn), some of the things they have on common are a) access to unblockables,  b) counters to blind, and c) good sustain. Zerker currently lacks both A and B, and mostly C as well. The new EC helps a good deal with C (although we could still use some buffs to Dead or Alive). Providing sources of resistance and unblockables might be just enough to make power zerker relevant.

• Like 2

@Grand Marshal.4098 well...... F.... Taunt. It should be a 10% DMG buff Not only 5%. Power Berserker need a DMG buff ...... Just make Eternal Champion leaving and Go in zerg Mode when, a free to have Thing. Gain Resistance to burst of aggression and buff bloody Roar so you actually do more DMG. Taunt would be pretty useless in some Case ^^. (Only Thing thats taunt Wurf for would be to hold enemys in melee but tho a remove of Cast time of headbutt would be the Same Thing and is also needed cause ..... Its too good dodgeable for an Elite Skill (Not even mentioned Port/stealth/blind/aegis to counter this need to Hit Skill lel)

12 hours ago, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

Idk about the AOE taunt, but I totally agree about resistance on BoA.

I think a few stacks of unblockable attacks when entering berserk mode would be really good on Bloody Roar.

When you look at the most successful warrior specs (SpB and pre-nerf shoutsworn), some of the things they have on common are a) access to unblockables,  b) counters to blind, and c) good sustain. Zerker currently lacks both A and B, and mostly C as well. The new EC helps a good deal with C (although we could still use some buffs to Dead or Alive). Providing sources of resistance and unblockables might be just enough to make power zerker relevant.

Yeah a couple of unblockable stacks would be amazing and if that is too much, make it so when entering Berserk mode, you gain a similar proc as Sigil of Vision. For the next 3 seconds your attacks are critical hits. In this way, you allow the crit-chance and SoF starving zerker to actually diss out a decent burst and avoid any Gunflame buff shenanigans.

9 hours ago, eXruina.4956 said:

i want it all. 💪🔥

Agreed

29 minutes ago, Pati.2438 said:

@Grand Marshal.4098 well...... F.... Taunt. It should be a 10% DMG buff Not only 5%. Power Berserker need a DMG buff ...... Just make Eternal Champion leaving and Go in zerg Mode when, a free to have Thing. Gain Resistance to burst of aggression and buff bloody Roar so you actually do more DMG. Taunt would be pretty useless in some Case ^^. (Only Thing thats taunt Wurf for would be to hold enemys in melee but tho a remove of Cast time of headbutt would be the Same Thing and is also needed cause ..... Its too good dodgeable for an Elite Skill (Not even mentioned Port/stealth/blind/aegis to counter this need to Hit Skill lel)

I doubt they will ever give back the modifier. So my initial idea was the taunt for some adrenaline hit procs and a cc that can clear aegis/stab before you burst.

But Calm did a great suggestion with the unblockable and it reminded me of arms and crits, so I also recommend for a period of guaranteed crits when entering zerk mode, if unblockable is too much.

And if you manage to get some decent crits with that and a sigil of vision, you might be able to roll more rage skills in a wvw setup. Aka Sundering Leap and ideally a much more hard-hitting Shattering Blow that also immobilizes/cripples (Sundering Leap also needs immob). Then you manage to sustain adrenaline with rage skills and have decent crit chance without SoF, all the while playing in a very unique style for warrior. 

On 2/24/2023 at 11:33 PM, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKwAExnlJwoYJMMmJe2X+tbA-zZILkGLgMzgeDBTGAA

One of the things I've been playing around with since the new patch is MH sword on power builds, as the reduced cast time on FT helps make it more realistic to attempt.  The rest of MH sword still sucks, of course....unless you're in berserk mode and get to use flaming flurry.  And so, I give you the build above.

Ideal for more of a roaming playstyle, this build enjoys loads of mobility for engaging and disengaging, as well as several big CCs to lock down targets and set up your bursts.  You also have a fair bit of stab, thanks to Eternal Champion and Stalwart strength, and the latter provides a good damage boost as well.

Doesn't have lots of sustained dmg, but some good spike potential. Tremor>>Crushing blow >> Final Thrust>>arcing slice/berserk etc.  You can get some juicy 8k final thrusts and 9k arc dividers...very satisfying.

Active defenses are lacking, as you're not running a shield, so mobility will be your best friend in staying alive in a losing situation. You do have some sustain thanks to AH, lots of resistance, and the aforementioned stab, though, so you're pretty hard to lock down.

Overall, I'd say this is a B-tier pick.

You can play the same build as a Spellbreaker, too, which is kinda fun for a change of pace.

I find it quite difficult to survive on this one.
Definitely more roamer style oriented build, since I find myself often very susceptible to heavy burst due to lack of defense when I get focused by enemy team (which happens quite often). Which kind of leaves me in similar spot even before the Eternal Champion change when it comes to power zerker.
Lot of it is probably also skill issue, since it's much less forgiving if you make mistake compared to spellbreaker or condi zerker.
The damage is nice tho. :)

Edited by Greyrat.2378

51 minutes ago, Greyrat.2378 said:

I find it quite difficult to survive on this one.
Definitely more roamer style oriented build, since I find myself often very susceptible to heavy burst due to lack of defense when I get focused by enemy team (which happens quite often). Which kind of leaves me in similar spot even before the Eternal Champion change when it comes to power zerker.
Lot of it is probably also skill issue, since it's much less forgiving if you make mistake compared to spellbreaker or condi zerker.
The damage is nice tho. 🙂

Yeah, it's more of a "feels great when it works; feels bad when it doesn't" kind of build.

Lately, I've been having some fun/success with this:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKABwed7llyuYWMMmLmSXexSA-zZILjGTgMLATGAA

Has much better sustain than zerker builds and does consistently solid dmg. Getting knocked out of DT 50% of the time definitely holds it back, tho.

• Like 1