Please undo the mouse-turn change [Merged]

rune.9572

Previously: rotating the camera right? Reached mousepad edge? No problem - let go, cursor appears at the right edge of the screen, move mouse left, keep turning.

Now: rotating the camera right? Reached mousepad edge? OOPSIE DOOPSIE! Cursor stayed where it was, you have to pick the mouse up to keep turning! 🙄

What's up with random changes like these, it's like nobody at arena uses a mouse on a daily basis...

Edited by rune.9572
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

If you held down the mouse button to rotate the camera, the cursor disappeared, but it still moved where you moved the mouse. When you released the button to stop camera rotating, the cursor would reappear at the new spot.

Now when you rotate the camera, you can move your mouse let's say 8 inches, but when you release, the cursor is in the exact spot where you started. Your brain thinks it's in the new spot though and messes up your game flow. Now you have to pick up your mouse and reposition all the time. You don't actively track your cursor with your eyes, it's more of a passive connection during gameplay which is why people think it feels off. In a fast paced twitch game like this, it is a very bad time.

Try this. Put your mouse cursor in the middle of your web browser. Now pick up your mouse off your mouse pad, and put it down at the edge. Now move the cursor around. It feels wrong because your brain thinks when you move the mouse to the edge that's where the cursor is. Because that's how it's been for decades of computer use. Plus, there is no room to move around at the edge of the pad now.

If Anet wants it to be like this, why can't they just have a toggle button in the options to switch between the 2 modes?

Edited by KevinEvo.7061
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

I like how it works now. Before when i try to target aoe after moving i always need few moments to find where is center of aoe and where i need to move mouse to put aoe where i want. Or sometimes mouse arrow would gone over some icon and instead clicking to cast aoe  i would click on some options. Now i know that arrow is in middle and can much faster cast aoe.

1 hour ago, KevinEvo.7061 said:

Try this. Put your mouse cursor in the middle of your web browser. Now pick up your mouse off your mouse pad, and put it down at the edge. Now move the cursor around. It feels wrong because your brain thinks when you move the mouse to the edge that's where the cursor is. Because that's how it's been for decades of computer use. Plus, there is no room to move around at the edge of the pad now.

This don't make any sense, because when you pick mouse arrow stays where it was that way for as long mouse existed.

1 hour ago, KevinEvo.7061 said:

If Anet wants it to be like this, why can't they just have a toggle button in the options to switch between the 2 modes?

This is not bad idea.

Edited by Kadarn.1703
  • Confused 1

Of course the arrow stays where it was if you pick up the mouse, that's the point. But now your mouse is at the edge, and since the cursor is in the middle of the screen, where can you move the mouse to? That's exactly what is happening in the game. Mouse is stuck in the center of the screen, you move mouse to the edge, now what? You have to pick it up again to move it back. CONSTANTLY. Pickup up the mouse off the pad and putting it back down is not accurate either.

Plus if I turn the camera in the game, tab out to desktop, the cursor is in the wrong spot now. This is why there needs to be an option, not just forcing it on people.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

My cursor appears on the same spot where it was when I pressed my mouse button down, and this has always been how it works for me so can't see any change at all. Tried with both buttons and changing cursor contrast, invert camera, free camera, use either mouse button to change direction and first-person camera settings. None had any effect on it.

What mouse are you using, model and type? In what game modes this occurs? Does it happen in other games or only in GW2?

Edited by Jukhy.2431
  • Confused 1