Random items appearing in inventory. PvP gear, event items...

2 characters suddenly now have a complete set of outdated PvP gear that is apparently not even available in game anymore, both characters are elementalists and its the Guild Archmage Robes of the Elementalist (pvp), Staff of Smoldering (PvP) set. Also, an Orphaned Laine's Letter and invitation to wintersday fest also suddenly appeared while playing on other characters, out of the blue. The wintersday appeared while I was doing a chest run in Bitterfrost.

After having checked all characters, all of my near 10 year old characters got a full set for their class and 1 other guild member is saying its the same for his old characters and is also getting random items from past events appearing in his inventory.

• Confused 2

Can confirm this also happened to all of my characters that I made the first year of release and am also getting random past event items appearing in my inventory while doing random playing.

EDITED TO ADD: Just got an invitation to lunar new year while doing Octovine lol...

Edited by Kongming.6497
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I also got a full set of pvp gear on my elementalist. Very confused

EDIT: I checked my other characters and so far my ele, thief, necro and guardian all got a full set of pvp armor and weapons but some got a backpack and some got more weapon options. 

Edited by Papoose.5870

Hello Folks,

I have a little bit of a mystery.  I keep a character in Nageling that I log into daily to kill a giant, hoping to one day get the slayer.  That's all that character does. 

This morning I logged in, killed a giant, then switched toons and adventured a while in Maguuma.  Tonight I log in and go to kill a giant and I have a whole set of pvp gear in my inventory.  The only drops i get are drops in Nageling from Separatists and the Giant, and I haven't played pvp or wvw in at least five years.   

Where in Lyssa's name did this stuff come from??

FWIW, I had this on the first character I logged into after the patch (did not see it on several other characters, though I didn't try all of them). It was a mis-matched set, too, like not even something I ever recall putting together myself.

I went to the PvP lobby to check if there was something going on with the build interface for sPvP, and they were gone.

I saw this a week or two ago with an invitation to the four winds. I was puzzled, but I had just recently come back to the game so I wasn't sure what all had been in my inventory, thought I pulled it out of the bank accidentally.

Today I got a full set of pvp gear like you and saw this post. I hadn't played in 7 years, started again last month, but when I first came back my inventory was full of stacks of dragonite ore, empyrean fragments, and bloodstone. I don't remember farming or grinding much when I used to play but thought maybe I had.

Could it be that they're tweaking rewards for certain achievements or quests and it's quietly updating in our inventory?

I'm also getting a full set of random statless PvP gear that I can't sell or salvage littering my inventory since logging in today.  Saw nothing in the upgrade notes and found this forum.  Not sure if I should toss it or save it, I've never played PvP, just WvW and PvE.

I heard this from my friend yesterday that he got a PvP-gear-set on his Lvl 80 Mesmer - he has never done any PvP in GW2 as far as I can recall, so we both were confused. However he assumed it might be a little "Patch Problem" and it might be fixed by the next day (when I would play again) since they are really fast with hotfixes.

When I logged onto 3 of my characters today I indeed thought the problem's gone since they didn't receive anything.

My bank-and-open-bags-at-lvl-50-Char though... yeah... she got some PvP-gear. I mean, she is a thief, so... maybe she just stole it xD But I wish I would know what Jawa is messing with the codes ^^. I thought I had left them behind when stop playing SWTOR and return to GW2 again.

7 hours ago, Shadamehr.1284 said:

The Giant Slayer title ? Its a hell of a lot faster to kill the half a dozen or so veteran giants at Windshear Scarps, Desert Highlands, PoF. By the time you've killed the last one the first ones have respawned.

Thanks for the advice, seriously.  I'm aware of those, at least four of them, and have spent a little time doing that.  A couple times I aggroed a second one before the first was finished and it got hairy!  When Giant is the last creature I need for the Slayer, I will focus on that but for now I just knock out one or two a day.  I still need hundreds, and am not in a big hurry.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Apparently the PvP gear is from them making changes to how PvP gear is stored. Take the characters that got gear to the PvP Lobby and it will all auto-equip. I would not destroy the items unless you are CERTAIN you will never PvP with the character.

All the other random special event items appearing though must be a bug.

• Thanks 5

Kongming is right, I'm betting the people on here are like me and not PvP players and therefore we have never entered pvp with our old toons since they nixed the pvp locker system. Just entering the lobby and they all get dumped.

As for the festival bug--for me it was a sudden flash of a candy corn node. Thought for a second it was flash backs 🤪

Edited by Meaix.4139
corrected typo
  • Thanks 2

23 hours ago, speedknob.6958 said:

Hello Folks,

I have a little bit of a mystery.  I keep a character in Nageling that I log into daily to kill a giant, hoping to one day get the slayer.  That's all that character does. 

This morning I logged in, killed a giant, then switched toons and adventured a while in Maguuma.  Tonight I log in and go to kill a giant and I have a whole set of pvp gear in my inventory.  The only drops i get are drops in Nageling from Separatists and the Giant, and I haven't played pvp or wvw in at least five years.   

Where in Lyssa's name did this stuff come from??

You do know that the icebrood giants in dragonstorm count right?

On 3/1/2023 at 4:18 AM, Kongming.6497 said:

Can confirm this also happened to all of my characters that I made the first year of release and am also getting random past event items appearing in my inventory while doing random playing.

EDITED TO ADD: Just got an invitation to lunar new year while doing Octovine lol...

The Black Lion Trading Company is the one to blame here.

After they were caught spamming the world, and stopped, they called on their friends, and they all retaliated in kind.

The BLTC probably acquired an AI, and now they shared it with their questionable friends to spam us with obsolete items. That invitation you got to an event, yeah, definitely a scam. DON'T CLICK IT! If you do, the AI will take over your soul, you will become a disease in the system.

---

Poor RP aside…

The two characters I recently logged-in after the EoD Chapter 16 patch did not receive the spam items. Only those accounts I haven't logged-in after the first Patch Fix (the one that fixed the BLTC spam mails) got the spam PvP items. So, yeah, certainly has something to do with BLTC's AI sold in the underground market. 😜

10 hours ago, Kongming.6497 said:

Apparently the PvP gear is from them making changes to how PvP gear is stored. Take the characters that got gear to the PvP Lobby and it will all auto-equip. I would not destroy the items unless you are CERTAIN you will never PvP with the character.

Ahh, that explains why two of my characters did not receive the PvP item spam, I used them in PvP already. That means my old main should not receive any (I haven't checked yet) since I used it in PvP before. So far, I noticed my mules are the only ones that got the PvP items, and I never logged those in PvP arenas, and deleted them already.

19 hours ago, Meaix.4139 said:

Kongming is right, I'm betting the people on here are like me and not PvP players and therefore we have never entered pvp with our old toons since they nixed the pvp locker system. Just entering the lobby and they all get dumped.

As for the festival bug--for me it was a sudden flash of a candy corn node. Thought for a second it was flash backs 🤪

those candy corn nodes have been flashing for me for years lol

On 3/1/2023 at 8:20 AM, Kongming.6497 said:

What if you level 1 toon never played just created years ago? PvP menu much less lobby unavailable, dont even know when it becomes available. This toon was  Encumbered from very start (with stuff in inventory queue (over-queue) or whatever). I have 5/5 toons. 4 lvl 80s. 1 lvl 1 which i was gonna play after 10 years to see if want to get back into game with friends but want to relearn from scratch, but i cant even get past logging in to toon and already problems. Cant create new toon because says 5/5 and dont wanna delete toon and lose potential stuff. I guess it wasnt meant to be