Catalyst, Tempest, and Weaver need sustain nerfs sPvP

WizardBro.4510

The one thing I've noticed in all my encounters with catalysts(pvp and wvw) is that they can take little no damage, heal themselves if they do and still dish out massive damage with little to no risk all at the same time.  That means they need a massive nerf. No class should be able to be basically immortal. 

They can stand on a point and 3-5 players can't even kill them in pvp. And at the same time they are dishing out damage that should be reserved for pure dps. So they are a Tank/DPS all in one. Not a good design. Broken as kitten.

• Confused 3

2 hours ago, Heibi.4251 said:

The one thing I've noticed in all my encounters with catalysts(pvp and wvw) is that they can take little no damage, heal themselves if they do and still dish out massive damage with little to no risk all at the same time.  That means they need a massive nerf. No class should be able to be basically immortal. 

They can stand on a point and 3-5 players can't even kill them in pvp. And at the same time they are dishing out damage that should be reserved for pure dps. So they are a Tank/DPS all in one. Not a good design. Broken as kitten.

I think you're talking about virtuoso 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Serephen.3420 said:

I think you're talking about virtuoso 

Nope - I can kill them easily. And since you haven't seen my experiences(as I haven't seen yours) with Catalysts you can keep your smart-kitten comments on topic. I fought a Catalyst in pvp multiple times today and every time he simply tanked the damage and dealt out far more damage than a defensive build should be able to. You shouldn't get the best of both worlds in one class. Even when using a mechanist I had my buttocks handed to be many times. And they're easy to play. But the Catalyst spec is way over tuned and needs some heavy downgrades.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Don't nerf weaver it isn't even that good atm.

reduce catalysts might uptime. It can get 25 stacks by pressing 4 skills.

Spoiler

(hammer) start in earth, ground pound (2 might via vicious empowerment)), fire attune (2 might via arcane trait line), aa (builds up energy and might via pyromancers puissance),  jade sphere (might 6 stacks), molten end (7 stacks of might plus 1 for pp, plus 1 for burning, plus 1 for finisher= 9!), elemental celerity (1 might for pp, plus 5 for jade sphere), aa (1 stack pp), molten end (6 stack, plus pp, plus might for burn), glyph of elemental harmony (3 stacks plus 1 for pp)

2 + 2 + 2 + 6 + 9 + 6 + 2 +7 + 4= 40 stacks of might in 9 skills provided all attacks land, are in the right order, and your concentration is high enough for the might to carry over (disregarding extra might from fire aura)

(scepter/focus) start in air, gale (2 might via ve), fire attune (2 might via arcane), transmute fire aura gained from sunspot (5 stacks might, plus 1 for pp) flame wall (might via pp), dt (might via finisher, plus might for pp), phoenix (might from finisher, plus might for pp), transmute fire aura gained from epitome (5 plus 1 for pp), jade sphere (1 might plus 5 for ss plus 1 for pp) celerity (5 might plus 1 for pp), phoenix (finisher might plus 1 for pp), dt (might for finisher and 1 for pp), glyph of harmony (3 plus 1 for pp)

2 + 2 + 6 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 6 + 7 + 6 + 2 + 2 + 4 = 42 stacks of might in 12 skills provided all attacks hit, are in the right order, and your concentration is high enough (disregarding extra might from fire aura)

Build: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGwAs2JlJA2LOAXIRPA-e

catalysts sustain is actually their weakness if you focus them into using earth armor and other invulns they can't hit you with their extreme burst.

Tempest's water overload should have less personal heal and more ally heal.

Also on that note pretty much every one hates playing against you so you get focused.

Edited by Infinity.2876
  • Thanks 3

On 3/18/2023 at 1:48 AM, Heibi.4251 said:

Nope - I can kill them easily. And since you haven't seen my experiences(as I haven't seen yours) with Catalysts you can keep your smart-kitten comments on topic. I fought a Catalyst in pvp multiple times today and every time he simply tanked the damage and dealt out far more damage than a defensive build should be able to. You shouldn't get the best of both worlds in one class. Even when using a mechanist I had my buttocks handed to be many times. And they're easy to play. But the Catalyst spec is way over tuned and needs some heavy downgrades.

Why don't you make one and see how easy it is? Thinking a Mechanist should delete a Catalyst because it's easy to play is laughable at best.

At least there was some smart in the comment you're referring to, there's just kitten in yours...

• Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, MarzAttakz.9608 said:

Why don't you make one and see how easy it is? Thinking a Mechanist should delete a Catalyst because it's easy to play is laughable at best.

At least there was some smart in the comment you're referring to, there's just kitten in yours...

Never said a mech should do anything of the sort. Re-read.

5 minutes ago, Heibi.4251 said:

Never said a mech should do anything of the sort. Re-read.

I have, three times!

You switched to a Mechanist and fought the same Catalyst and got beaten repeatedly? This interpretation is me assuming you're a Soul Beast main rather than a Mech main.

If that's not the case and you're regularly beating Virtuoso's with a Mechanist then you shouldn't have trouble with a Hammer Catalyst at all. Scepter/Focus vs Power Mech? Yes some projectile hate and small burst windows for you but you outrange them and have better mobility. Vs Condi Mech? Perhaps they can out cleanse you.

The problem is that your statement is too general. You're just saying they're a bunker with too much damage. No mention of their weapon set or utilities. No mention of your own build either. Some times there's a hard counter to something and only a very well played Catalyst can deal with a variety of pressures, they can't be good against Power and Condi and range at the same time.

Having read your responses to a few threads I was catching up on in the WvW sub-forum you strike me as a reasonable person, so again, please make one and try it in sPvP - a mode of nodes the same size as a Jade sphere and therein lies the issue. Wvw is another story, and yes, I've run into some very tanky Catalysts but they were the exception skill-wise. If they beat me, I kittened up. Simple.

What I'm really doing is trying to appeal to some reason across all the complaints and all the classes, at minimum an understanding based on having played the class you're asking to be nerfed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, MarzAttakz.9608 said:

I have, three times!

You switched to a Mechanist and fought the same Catalyst and got beaten repeatedly? This interpretation is me assuming you're a Soul Beast main rather than a Mech main.

If that's not the case and you're regularly beating Virtuoso's with a Mechanist then you shouldn't have trouble with a Hammer Catalyst at all. Scepter/Focus vs Power Mech? Yes some projectile hate and small burst windows for you but you outrange them and have better mobility. Vs Condi Mech? Perhaps they can out cleanse you.

The problem is that your statement is too general. You're just saying they're a bunker with too much damage. No mention of their weapon set or utilities. No mention of your own build either. Some times there's a hard counter to something and only a very well played Catalyst can deal with a variety of pressures, they can't be good against Power and Condi and range at the same time.

Having read your responses to a few threads I was catching up on in the WvW sub-forum you strike me as a reasonable person, so again, please make one and try it in sPvP - a mode of nodes the same size as a Jade sphere and therein lies the issue. Wvw is another story, and yes, I've run into some very tanky Catalysts but they were the exception skill-wise. If they beat me, I kittened up. Simple.

What I'm really doing is trying to appeal to some reason across all the complaints and all the classes, at minimum an understanding based on having played the class you're asking to be nerfed.

No, I used to play a mechanist. I was talking about how mechanist may have been considered OP like some stated, it wasn't immortal. I would still have a challenge from other players. I never said I switched to Mech to fight a Cata in my post. I've engaged many Catalysts on many different builds with little to no difference. 
But yes, Catalyst's are able to go bunker and still dish out the same damage as if they were almost full berserker. They have the best of both worlds in one class. That needs to be addressed. There is no balance currently. 

Edited by Heibi.4251
  • Confused 2

On 3/17/2023 at 7:48 PM, Heibi.4251 said:

I can say that about the Cond Herald that was pulsing perma protection all day, while being able to eat condis faster than I can dish out. I can also say that about the Harb I tried to 1v1 in WvW that had perma quickness, perma protection and was shooting out a ton of torment, with all of its cover condis while also not being able to die. \

• Thanks 1

Elementalist Profession has an identity crisis as Mesmer Profession and Necromancer Profession.

Mesmer Profession comes second after Necromancer Profession than Elementalist Profession being the third;  most nerfed Professions in the game. Necromancer Profession, Mesmer Profession and Elementalist Profession are also the scapegoat Professions in the game.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/101573-do-you-believe-the-devs-are-so-disconnected-with-ele-community-to-make-another-melee-spec/

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/112384-how-do-anet-address-elementalist-identity-issues-going-forward/

(Only Solution)\

Their redesign are past due: 10 years...and are in need of a total complete redesign from the ground up.

Isn't it time to bring back Elementalist Profession to their core root including their identity?

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Elementalist

Edited by Burnfall.9573
  • Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...

LOL Blue child tears are the sweetest

Elementalist, for the first time EVER, has a proper RANGED build in form of Catalyst. And now that your class is no longer absolutely dominating and something else is viable as well, you com here and kitten? LOL get kittened

Edited by ManaPotato.3279
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2