Catalyst, Tempest, and Weaver need sustain nerfs sPvP

WizardBro.4510

No class in the game can 1v2 and sustain better than catalyst, and Weaver current meta. And tempest support sustain for the group play outclasses every other support in the game in sPvP. 
I have 40 hours on ele across the 10 years I've played this game and 6 thousand hours on Guardian and I have quit playing guardian core guard, dh, firebrand, and willbender to play ele because of how absolutely dominant this class is in every area currently. I pump the hardest dps every game and consistently 1v2 with no issue.
I don't understand how anet excuses these weak "Nerfs" to ele when other classes have specs that simply arent viable to even play anymore maybe buff other classes like you buffed ele? Stop only buffing classes you enjoy playing it's obnoxious.
"https://imgur.com/cb7zW1I.jpg" "https://imgur.com/h9UqoK2.jpg" 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 18

Anyone can perform well in unranked.

That aside, this game would really do better without spvp to be honest. It's already so detached from the rest of the game. More often than not its balance changes negatively impact wvw. The population there barely justifies any support for it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 3

cry me a river. I can maaaaaaybe somewhat understand your problems with catalyst, even though I feel recent nerf were just about right, but complaining about tempest (support with trivial damage) and weaver (a meme as of now) looks like either trolling or a l2p issue. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

@Ragnarox.9601 wait hold my socks what? In eke you facrole the Keyboard and get Kills on spell you at least need to time your Skills biig difference xd! 

Ok Jokes aside a good ele will actually have no Problem against anything. Only thing they might have somehow a Bit of struggle is spell but even against this its a favor matchub for cata for Sure xd

• Confused 5

Only thing Tempest needs is a slight shave to make guardian and tempest more competitive in the support role.
Sboon earth shield till it can be reworked to not be problematic or better yet till they can do a proper rework of conjures.
Catalyst is always going to be mechanically a problem with on demand auras and fields, I would honestly say this needs a redesign as it's core D/D on steroids.
Weaver is people just being vindictive, it's not a problem today so leave it. I know it can be a bunker and super annoying in condi but it's also reasonably slow so out rotato that potato.

5 hours ago, Dr Meta.3158 said:

Tempest is honestly more dangerous than catalyst right now as far as damage and sustain goes but fortunately most players haven't figured out how to build it as such.

That has far more to do with how support effects the caster ontop of there team. It maybe better for the game over all if all support skills did not effect the caster or at least only had an 50% to 25% effect on the caster.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Jski.6180 said:

That has far more to do with how support effects the caster ontop of there team. It maybe better for the game over all if all support skills did not effect the caster or at least only had an 50% to 25% effect on the caster.

In WvW context Firebrands are gonna be up in arms and ele will reach downstate memes 2.0

On 3/4/2023 at 2:00 PM, Serephen.3420 said:

Anyone can perform well in unranked.

That's ranked PVP and i agree with him about nerfing the ele's sustain. The cata & weaver is just insanly broken. Constain immune, blocks, heals, evade.... it's too much, on top of thier broken DPS with unavoidable Dragon tooth if one doesn't use block or waste their dodge just to evade the skill.

On 3/4/2023 at 8:29 AM, WizardBro.4510 said:

No class in the game can 1v2 and sustain better than catalyst, and Weaver current meta

Daredevil/spectar Thief can 1v4 but it's too stressful cause 1 slip = death... But weaver/cata is overpowered beyond  cause insane sustain. 

https://i.postimg.cc/85G2qq3S/image.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

1 hour ago, August.5934 said:

That's ranked PVP and i agree with him about nerfing the ele's sustain. The cata & weaver is just insanly broken. Constain immune, blocks, heals, evade.... it's too much, on top of thier broken DPS with unavoidable Dragon tooth if one doesn't use block or waste their dodge just to evade the skill.

Daredevil/spectar Thief can 1v4 but it's too stressful cause 1 slip = death... But weaver/cata is overpowered beyond  cause insane sustain. 

https://i.postimg.cc/85G2qq3S/image.png

Thief handling a 1v4 isn't ok either...

48 minutes ago, August.5934 said:

let's be honest, maybe 90% of thief players can't even 1v2 properly and around +60% can't even win 1v1 cause they suck and try to trade skills.

You shouldn't really be winning 1v2s unless you really outskill the players. And you really, really shouldn't be able to 1v2 and be the fastest class in the game and continously invisible. 

Overall, the same goes for warrior and elementalist. 

Actually, any of those classes are great to main and master because the lackluster ability of the majority of those players will allow you to naturally have more inherent power than every other class by default before build and skill difference comes into the equation. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dr Meta.3158 said:

Overall, the same goes for warrior and elementalist. 

I can understand ele but not warrior. I am a warrior & Engineer main and i can surely say warrior can't 1v2, I can even say that warrior will struggel to 1v1. Maybe a spellbreaker can stand a chance cause it has more sustain and damage immunity. If played well then spell breaker might stay alive against 1v2 and run away.

Spellbreaker is in meta cause of it's sustain in PVP to stay alive and support team by banner and CCs so it can provide much pressure but that's all.

In openworld, a rifle beserker could suprise you with it's full DPS build and one shot you but that's just it. It takes time to prepare and to build adrailine then to burst... but that one shot build has 0 sustain, u could also able to one shot beserker with ur celestial build.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 5

49 minutes ago, August.5934 said:

I can understand ele but not warrior. I am a warrior & Engineer main 

Ahh it all makes sense now. You don't main or play ele so you don't understand it. Because then you would know most eles aren't much of a threat in spvp and while they can chain some defensive abilities there is enough downtime inbetween to take them down.

The seemingly unkillable ones are ones that would likely beat most players regardless of the class they play. 

However I won't deny it is in a strong position in pvp right now, but it certainly isn't the only one and spellbreaker is far stronger than you give it credit for.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Serephen.3420 said:

Ahh it all makes sense now. You don't main or play ele so you don't understand it.

How dare you call my Avatar Yuwan this way! Just cause i don't main ele doesn't mean i didn't played ele. Do i need some PHD to understand ele? i played ele and fought many countless times. EVERY ranked match there is 1 - 2 ele. EVERYSINGLE match. Because of it's popularity i created my ele aka Avatar Yuwan UwU (legit roleplay giga dmg).

2 hours ago, Serephen.3420 said:

spellbreaker is far stronger than you give it credit for.

You can legit AUTO attack spellbreaker to death. i am not joking. Spellbreake's new meta builds are heavy counter, defensive build, evades. When spellbreake runs out of everything they will use Rampage mode (elite skill) to take 50% less Strike DMG while recharging their healing skill. there is nothing to it. they can't one shot u and they have to keep defending them, buying enough time for his teammate to come and butcher u. while in rampage, Warrior is basically handicapped for condi cleanses... lmao enemy teams just 25 stacks of burning, confusion and man i melt down in  a blink of an eye and when rampage is gone... instant death cause heavy condi stacks.

Meta Spellbreaker [&DQIWKzM+PTenAKcAagAAAK0BAABxAAAAfAEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA=]

• Confused 3

decide whether scepter or elite spec broken

decide whether core traits or elite specs traits broken.

dont mix these and discuss again bcs nothing change in weaver except scepter. so its dull. yeah phd is necessary for ele. if you dont play ele you cant know what is broken. ele was at bottom for years with warrior. then anet somehow pay attention. if you want ele goes to downstate meme, good luck you dont get it.

Edited by RaveOnYou.2819
  • Thanks 4

3 hours ago, RaveOnYou.2819 said:

decide whether scepter or elite spec broken

decide whether core traits or elite specs traits broken.

dont mix these and discuss again bcs nothing change in weaver except scepter. so its dull. yeah phd is necessary for ele. if you dont play ele you cant know what is broken. ele was at bottom for years with warrior. then anet somehow pay attention. if you want ele goes to downstate meme, good luck you dont get it.

They want to rage at the ele class but can only hold one ideal so they are mixing up the 2 badly.

Catalyst has 1 real sustain tool over core ele that is the block ability, weaver has a number of sustain effects over core, and tempest is an support class sadly due to the support system gw2 has every bit of support is also sustain.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2