Living World - Daybreak trailer

Bry.8140

@ThomasC.1056 said:Who is that guy whom Rytlock talks to ? The very one that says "Aurene ?!" I truly hope he isn't. We never see the guy in PoF game, as far as I know, yet he seems to take a central part in the whole story, as we also saw him in PoF trailer.

Ok. Straight and bold.

Is that guy supposed to be the hero, aka the Player's Character ? If so, what about players who chose another gender or another race ?

If so, how am I supposed to feel involved in the whole story if I'm watching someone else live the story in the trailers ? Are ANet's storytellers so far away from players that they're now telling their own stories for themselves ? Are the players bound to only be watchers of the whole plot ?

He looks like Second Spear Olishar to me, be neat if he becomes a member I think.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Saint Sated.2698 said:Do you have to own PoF to access living world story?

To access, no, you can log in at any time its live and it will register as owned to your account. That said, you will need PoF to activate the season 4 journal and actually play. But as long as you logged in during the free period, its on your account even if you buy PoF later

@Carlin Sanders.3587 said:

@ThomasC.1056 said:Who is that guy whom Rytlock talks to ? The very one that says "Aurene ?!" I truly hope he isn't. We never see the guy in PoF game, as far as I know, yet he seems to take a central part in the whole story, as we also saw him in PoF trailer.

Ok. Straight and bold.

Is that guy supposed to be the hero, aka the
Player's Character
? If so, what about players who chose another gender or another race ?

If so, how am I supposed to feel involved in the whole story if I'm watching
someone else
live the story in the trailers ?
Are ANet's storytellers so far away from players that they're now telling
their own
stories for
themselves
? Are the players bound to only be watchers of the whole plot ?

You try designing a character that represents all races, all professions, all choices and both sexes at the same time. I'm sure anet would love to hear about this omni character.

In the meantime i just mentally replace them with my main.

But anet already has this character.....Thaumanova_Anomaly.jpg

@Ayakaru.6583 said:

Ok. Straight and bold.

Is that guy supposed to be the hero, aka the
Player's Character
? If so, what about players who chose another gender or another race ?

If so, how am I supposed to feel involved in the whole story if I'm watching
someone else
live the story in the trailers ?
Are ANet's storytellers so far away from players that they're now telling
their own
stories for
themselves
? Are the players bound to only be watchers of the whole plot ?

You try designing a character that represents all races, all professions, all choices and both sexes at the same time. I'm sure anet would love to hear about this omni character.

In the meantime i just mentally replace them with my main.

But anet already has this character.....
Thaumanova_Anomaly.jpg

New outfit -> thaumanova anomaly. 2000 gems.

but if they used that people will begin questioning how on earth rytlock got to be friends with an energy based life form, and why it isn't murdering everyone (and him.)

@Ubi.4136 said:

@Erasculio.2914 said:They really didn't have to begin the trailer pushing on us the very poor story point of "did you think the Six Gods were silent because we were gone? Nah, just kidding! We'll be gone from now on. kthb!". :/

Just because humans worshipped them, doesn't make them gods. Bacon is more worthy of being worshipped than those aliens.

I could really go for a BLT (balthazaar, lettuce, and tomato) sandwich right now. Especially if the Balthy is sliced extra thin and lean.

Ok. Straight and bold.

Is that guy supposed to be the hero, aka the Player's Character ? If so, what about players who chose another gender or another race ?

If so, how am I supposed to feel involved in the whole story if I'm watching someone else live the story in the trailers ? Are ANet's storytellers so far away from players that they're now telling their own stories for themselves ? Are the players bound to only be watchers of the whole plot ?

What do you want, a separate version of the trailer for every single player character?

You're supposed to feel involved in the story when you play it. The trailer is just a preview of the content you'll get to play with your own character.

They use an elonian human in elonian armor in the PoF content trailers to show off the new faces and armor. I'm more bummed that the creat cinematic angles aren't used ingame and so many conversations boil down to "stand here and wiggle your camera or maybe try to walk next ot the person talking to you" but I understand why. It's more work to do a version of all those animations for all the available races than it is do do a little custom animation for a trailer.

@calb.3128 said:

@LightningWolfTigerBear.6725 said:Aurene is bigger now, Aurene griffon skin confirmed.

Take my money now!

9000 gems on the gemstore, avaiable only for three days.If no one buys it means that they realize that the playerbase thinks aurene is uninteresting, and will be removed from the game by taking a swift killing blow for the commander... (and the commander ends up dead anyway after three minutes... but she/he gets better)

In other news.. that black dude is supposed to be our character? and here i was hoping that they would include an actual elonian character on the main plot... ._.

Regarding the whole lets eat gods... implying the more important catholic ritual isnt about eating god or anything ...

Archived