Loss of Filter Charges on Connection Loss [Merged]

I am reporting this as a bug, but I have the suspision that it is again an oversight.

Today I got disconnected from the server in Cyala Delve several times and every time when logging back in, I am in combat with conditions on me because my finter charges are gone.

Considering the fact that the 2nd and 3rd are ones we actually pay for, I highly recommend to make these charges persistant.

Whenever you think of new mechanics like this, That thought of connection problems etc should be the first thing tested.

Make those charges permanent when you obtain them, like an XP booster to prevent this.

A small 2nd though: I do NOT appreceate it to constantly be put back in a new map where I have to AGAIN play through the meta to continue what I was doing, the Shrine Guardian achievement. 7 hours doing 1 achievement that should not take longer than 45 minutes TOPS is NO FUN

Sorry for some salty text, but I am getting tired of those obvious oversights. Therefor to me, since it makes playing annoying and cumbersome: it IS a bug. it NEEDS to be corrected.

• Confused 1

Please sort these out - if you log out or enter any type of instance (eg story instance, guild hall etc.) and it removes all of your filter stacks. This means if you DC or log out for any other reason or do any WvW/PvP or visit you guild hall or when the "Deep Trouble" story instance ends you exit into the caves with no filters and promptly start to die.
Please either restore the filter stacks when logging in/exiting an instance or teleport the character to the nearest safe waypoint.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nidome.1365 said:

Please sort these out - if you log out or enter any type of instance (eg story instance, guild hall etc.) and it removes all of your filter stacks. This means if you DC or log out for any other reason or do any WvW/PvP or visit you guild hall or when the "Deep Trouble" story instance ends you exit into the caves with no filters and promptly start to die.
Please either restore the filter stacks when logging in/exiting an instance or teleport the character to the nearest safe waypoint.

Not only that but after logging, crashing, or instance exit, it dumps you into mob-infested events with zero filters and all WPs contested except the beginning. So you fight your way out of an event with no protection, WP all the way back to the beginning to get filters before getting back to your group,  but wait! There are indestructible walls blocking you until someone comes along with a turtle. You can't take any time to explore, or even find a safe place to step away from your PC to take care of something IRL, because you'll be out of filters and dead before you get back.

This map is terrible for exploration, not that there's much to explore anyway. It's very pretty, sure, but mostly devoid of fun little hidden treasures, outposts, characters, and scenes along the way. It's a beautiful landscape devoid of character.

I hear the meta and reward tiers have issues too.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Have to agree with this, and also the whole filter mechanic is a bit annoying. The one at a time decaying is fine but when the haze thickens it randomly consumes up to 5(?) charges. The stations should also remember your filter choice so you can refresh the stacks with one click. Maybe add a console next to it where you can change the filter type if you want to.

• Thanks 1