Please Revert Earthen Rush and Burning Speed

Knetik.4356

These skills have been about mobility since the game's launch. Both PvPers and PvEers are having to deselect target each time to use it. Many are having to make macros to deselect targets on certain skills and retarget on others. 

For Earthen Rush, it doesn't make much sense to dash TO the target rather than through when we are trying to CC and bind them.

For Burning Speed, a LARGE portion of the damage comes from the flame trail of which is no irrelevant due to stopping in front of the mobs.

Was anyone even asking for this change? Dagger was already a very unused weapon to begin with because of bad balancing until recently. The mobility is the ONLY thing that made D/D enticing to begin with and you all just ripped it out.

While it may seem small to many, this almost makes me want to quit playing all over again, and I JUST came back to specifically play my D/D ele , especially since catalyst finally made that style more viable.

• Like 12

I concur. I'm not playing Dagger at all these days. Those two skills were the cornerstone of its survivability and playstyle. 

Instead of dash and evade, these skills are now just leaps, which neuter its effectiveness

Edited by Stallic.2397
  • Like 4

This basically ruined the entire flow of D/D and D/WH Elementalist for me, and I have no idea why this was done. There was no situation in which you wanted these skills to stop at the target, and it feels like they were trying to encourage some kind of low intensity build where players just spam the skills for a DPS increase?

Even if that was the case, because the damage comes from the trails you actually lose DPS this way.

If they really want these skills to work like that, simply make them ground-targettable, like Warrior's GS #3. This works very well and solves both problems at the same time.

Edited by SoftFootpaws.9134
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, SoftFootpaws.9134 said:

If they really want these skills to work like that, simply make them ground-targettable, like Warrior's GS #3. This works very well and solves both problems at the same time.

I'd actually be rather okay with them being a ground-target dash. Would make them even more skill oriented and remove the sometimes-awkward situations when you're dashing at a target.

But yes, please, get rid of this current "stop at the target" implementation, it feels awful.

18 hours ago, Thorne Templar.6784 said:

I think people were concerned about accidentally going too far into bad things, but that's on them, not the skill. The actual functionality of these two skills isn't exactly for their engage potential.

With 600 range, FORWARD, going too far into bad things ? We don't speak about Burning Retreat thad could be annoying in all game modes* (but no change oddly)

I'm pretty sure that was more about camera movement they did those changes. One dev should be too lazy to turn the camera with his mouse everytime he crossed the hitbox and decided every players must suffer  the loss of mobility for his personal qol.

Edited by Zhaid Zhem.6508

I literally have to play without selecting a target now. I run D/WH Aura build that is designed for jumping into the middle of a group and spamming shouts for weakness application and of course the immob from Earthen Rush.  I also heavily rely on Earthen Rush to jump through effect fields to create more auras from combos. Now, if I have auto-target on or manually select a target I jump into the first person/mob like hitting a wall. Its dumb and I'm really disappointed in ANet right now. There was no reason for this change at all.

Edited by Uthrax.4975
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Uthrax.4975 said:

I literally have to play without selecting a target now. I run D/WH Aura build that is designed for jumping into the middle of a group and spamming shouts for weakness application and of course the immob from Earthen Rush.  I also heavily rely on Earthen Rush to jump through effect fields to create more auras from combos. Now, if I have auto-target on or manually select a target I jump into the first person/mob like hitting a wall. Its dumb and I'm really disappointed in ANet right now. There was no reason for this change at all.

Also makes playing D/D with action camera pretty frustrating, no way to counter the stop on target. 

I get the logic behind this change. 

It makes it easier to combo off of dagger in PvP since I don't have to worry about my positioning anymore. Also lets you use these for DPS in instanced content without moving through the boss, which can get you killed in some instances (Sabatha and Construct) but  the trade-off is that you have to detarget to use it like you did before which is a bit clunky to do in this game for a lot of players. 

I am accustomed to detargeting from playing other classes thankfully, so I can adapt to this change, but I gotta agree with the suggestions above. Ground target is a better alternative. 

Edited by Kuma.1503
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Kuma.1503 said:

I get the logic behind this change. 

It makes it easier to combo off of dagger in PvP since I don't have to worry about my positioning anymore. Also lets you use these for DPS in instanced content without moving through the boss, which can get you killed in some instances (Sabatha and Construct) but  the trade-off is that you have to detarget to use it like you did before which is a bit clunky to do in this game for a lot of players. 

I am accustomed to detargeting from playing other classes thankfully, so I can adapt to this change, but I gotta agree with the suggestions above. Ground target is a better alternative. 

Ground target or let the tral continue to its original length regardless of where you stop. That would resolve the dps loss issue for most people. 

Detargeting sucks because in many instances you character acts as if you still have the target active if you seamlessly detarget then use a mobility skill because this game is not optimized well enough to rely on such gimmicks.  Part of the reason why invisibility is so bad for this game.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1