Skimmers left out and forgotten?

1 hour ago, BnooMaGoo.5690 said:

I use my skimmer on land when I am not in a hurry to get somewhere or if there is the possibility of fall damage
I have yet to master the swooping out of the water to dive back in I've seen some people do

Prior to unlocking the Skyscale I used my Skimmer all the time when fall damage was a possibility. I use it a lot less now, but it's probably my 3rd most used mount.

If we could fish from Skimmers, I'd probably never use the Skiff. I think Skimmer skins just got put off to the side so Anet could push higher priced Skiff skins. I also think for a lot of players the novelty of the Skiff/Fishing has worn off and those players are much more likely to just use the Skimmer in all/most non fishing circumstances.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, BnooMaGoo.5690 said:

I use my skimmer on land when I am not in a hurry to get somewhere or if there is the possibility of fall damage
I have yet to master the swooping out of the water to dive back in I've seen some people do

Oh yes! I've used it when I am high up and I need to go down and move across/within water. Now, if only you could mount your skimmer in mid-air...

• Like 1

On 3/16/2023 at 7:32 AM, Frostfang.5109 said:

I prefer skimmer before skiffs apart from if I have to use a skiff.

Skimers hav't got any new skins in a long time. Is there a reason for that? Is there an overhaul of skimmer going on or have skimmers just got the same silly treatment as underwater weapons? What is your theory? Speculate away!

Nothing wrong with skimmers. Still the fastest way to travel above and below water imo.

Skiffs are just fishing platforms and nowhere near as useful as skimmers

• Like 7