Condi reaper can roam but..

Mikhael.2391

12 minutes ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

I'm sure there is a reaper somewhere that managed to kill someone at least as good maybe once or twice.

Maybe once or twice, everyone has bad days that can give core necro and reaper a sensation of decency while roaming.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Esufer.8762 said:

every time i see a thread saying reaper is bad i feel compelled to make another video
please stop this i have seen my editing software more than my wife lately

I ve seen ur videos and enjoyed them, however, the truth still applies, you win all of that due to bad players together, caught off guard, same as in my compilations. same lvl of skill players on better classes shutdown reapers.

41 minutes ago, Mikhael.2391 said:

I ve seen ur videos and enjoyed them, however, the truth still applies, you win all of that due to bad players together, caught off guard, same as in my compilations. same lvl of skill players on better classes shutdown reapers.

Tbf that argument is pretty universal rather than class specific:

You win: "Lol he's so bad."

You loose: "Lol he's so bad he got lucky."

You stalemate and enemy withdraw: "Lol he's so bad, look at him run."

You stalemate and withdraw: "Lol he's so bad, couldnt even keep up with me."

You win because you outnumber them two to one: "Lol they're so bad even when we are same numbers."

You loose because they outnumber you two to one: "Lol they're so bad look they had to bring 4 times our numbers."

I am pretty sure there are no good people in WvW.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

So...the OP thinks reaper is bad..and he wins only because he's so good....and the rest so bad.....in 2023 I see more necros roaming than thieves,ranger and mesmers combined .....so to all necros.....sod off.....

You mean harbingers, not core necros or reaper or even scourge. I agree that harbinger is op but so is all EOD elites.

Also i mean I win vs outnumbered because they are bad not because im so good. if you put 2 vs 1 and all of them have same skill level  the 2 will win as they should. but if u put a decent players against 2 bad ones then theres a chance they die and that is90% of wvw roaming videos on youtube. i dont think im the best by far but i recognize worst players than me.

3 hours ago, Mikhael.2391 said:

You mean harbingers, not core necros or reaper or even scourge. I agree that harbinger is op but so is all EOD elites.

Also i mean I win vs outnumbered because they are bad not because im so good. if you put 2 vs 1 and all of them have same skill level  the 2 will win as they should. but if u put a decent players against 2 bad ones then theres a chance they die and that is90% of wvw roaming videos on youtube. i dont think im the best by far but i recognize worst players than me.

I don't want to deny whatever duellist build, necros want to play and neither I want to see nerfed the death trait line which is a core aspect of the class. All the nerfs must be directed to Harbinger...and specifically those elixirs, that elite is bonkers and should be reworked to something less kittenous than the iWin button is now...the rest I don't know, I won't claim to be an expert dev like the vast majority of wannabe says on this forum. About other EoD specs:

1) Willbender is really annoying to face if they run celestial but manageable on most other specs, furthermore is quite weak in PVP  when not paired with good players in general, fun but not amazing

2) Untamed is pure trash.....unaltered trash...the worst class design I have ever encountered in 15 years of MMOs, it should be deleted..right now and reworked completely, no if or but....it's just a core ranger with extra fluff ...completely useless as the pet mechanic is still the worst mechanic in thee game ...."your pet is down"...."your pet needs help"..."were you playing dead?"...that's ranger life in wvw since...ever if not using soulbeast

3)Catalyst is already not as strong as before, the dmg nerfs to scepter can be felt, of course the gw2 playerbase would not be satisfied till the weapon is dead and buried as it was before the reworks, the class is still competitive but the player rate has dropped by like 40% now...there is the occasional cele bunker trolling and that's it, people have realized that a good condi burst is enough to bring them down...the most inexperienced ones ofc, still hated but.. I .can bring them down nothing too threatening like before

4)Bladesworn is...whatever, just run the shout build and troll in 1v1 if the enemy is bad...and then get facerolled when +1...so whatever I guess...it's ok for a change of pace when leaving spellbreaker, I rarely see them in wvw

5)Mechanist is again whatever....another potential cele troll build...used few times in samm groups by pugs and that's it..they die quite handily so..whatever

6)Specter...."shrug"

7)Vindicator....jump jump, heal and troll pugs...then you come, apply some condi pressure/burst and gank them...see them rolling...really annoying in small scale when alongside other gimmick support specs, otherwise.....whatever let them have it

8)Virtuoso...the other kitten spec alongside harbinger..like it is with necros, if they lose on PoF spec...they come back with virtuoso, 10s+ distortion into stealth and teleport and rinse and repeat with condi/power burst....needs to have core distortion removed again

8 minutes ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

Willbender

Can be pretty scary if they run a burst build, they like to immobilize into their burst so you can't dodge it.

11 minutes ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

Vindicator

Good power vindicators are so scary, all their skills hit for 5k+ and they precast the burst into teleports.

I have two rules in this subforum

1. I don't feel bad for SA thieves when bad things happen to them

2. I don't feel bad for condi necromancers when bad things happen to them I don't feel bad for condi players ever, at all.

That being said, I do empathize with your point on EoD dominating the meta, and I do understand the annoyance of running an off-meta build (condi or otherwise...😾) in a sea of cheese meta builds.

• Like 4

22 hours ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

So...the OP thinks reaper is bad..and he wins only because he's so good....and the rest so bad.....in 2023 I see more necros roaming than thieves,ranger and mesmers combined .....so to all necros.....sod off.....

Necros are quite different from each other you can't specify Reaper first and then generalize to "necros". Most of them are harbingers. But, still speaking of roaming, it is more likely to find a willbender than any necro. Personal experience.
But in general I don't see the necro so popular in roaming right now (and it's a very edgy class that basically tend to be popular regardless of effectiveness), if we talk about blobs or people running towards blobs it's another matter.

1 hour ago, captrowdy.9561 said:

I’ve been playing reaper a lot lately and really enjoy it. I do ok with it in roaming just wish it had more Stab or defense or something. I do play harb often and I wish they would just slightly nerf it so I didn’t feel so dirty. 

In my opinion the reaper needs only 3 things:
Better mobility (a leap out of shroud, maybe on GS?),  better sustain (not more, just better, less based on hitting. Doesn't make sense given the absurd amount of active defense and stealth in the game) and just a little more access to stability. Obviously as a melee a short active defense wouldn't hurt, but I don't feel that necessary compared to the other things.

However, it will not be able to compete with most of EoD specs, but here we are talking about the fact that many of those specs are extremely over the top and should be nerfed more or less heavily IMO.

And yes, the harbinger is one of those EoD specs that should be nerfed (that is... for me it should really be reworked from scratch and not just nerfed, it's not really fun to play, it looks like a placeholder and it doesn't even give the idea to be a "necro").

• Like 2