gunflame needs to pierce

Lighter.5631

10 minutes ago, JTGuevara.9018 said:

So basically, you're saying: "But other classes get bursted, too!" Yes, correct. It still does not disprove what I've said. Classes with low armor and HP are more likely to go down first when bursted and focused. I do not see how this is so controversial.

Someone said they got oneshotted on cele cata, you responded "welcome to playing ele with lowest hp/armor!" as if being bursted down by gunflame is somehow reliant on using it against that "lowest hp/armor class" when in reality it clearly isn't, not even close. If that's not what you've meant by your initial response then I have no idea what else you were trying to say there by writing what you did. But if you understand this has nothing to do with just aiming at ele then it's k. Because ele being a target has nothing to do with gunflame's burstiness. That's all I'm saying here, since the above is how I understood what you said (and again, if that's not the point you were making then I don't get what point you were trying to make there -if you care to explain then go on, if no... I'm fine too, since it's clear you understand gunflame burst has nothing to do with ele specifically being its target). If we're on the same page then we're on the same page, no issues with that 😄

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, eXruina.4956 said:

I guess it means any of us can just up and upload a youtube video and we'll get worshiped by these guys. very convenient. 🤔

No, it was literally pointed out that this is not about some "success rate" or "compilation" by itself at all. What are you guys even talking right now? Was it at any point unclear that it was a response about the suggestion that gunflame bursted someone down "because they were low hp/armor ele"? Because pretty sure I explained that multiple times by now, including the first post where I included the video? 🤨

Like... really, which part is so unclear here that the only responses target not the point of the included fragment of the video, but instead the fact that it's "part of a compilation and compilation bad"? 🙄 

Hint: the linked fragment bursts down spellbreaker for 21k+

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

10 minutes ago, eXruina.4956 said:

i wonder if i post a video of critting someone with arc divider for 240, 240, 240 in wvw, we can finally get some strike damage buffs. 😁

You can strip down to deal less damage, what you're saying here makes no sense in relation to what is being commented/pointed out in this thread.

Hopefully next time you can respond to what was being said above instead of running from it because it shows what you want to deny in an attempt to bait an unneeded/undeserved buff. 🙄

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

26 minutes ago, eXruina.4956 said:

i wonder if i post a video of critting someone with arc divider for 240, 240, 240 in wvw, we can finally get some strike damage buffs. 😁

Interesting. Going to need to have full precision with no power or ferocity. Maybe get a reaper with nomads armor, death magic with 30 carapace, shroud, infusing terror, light/frost aura, Rite of the Great dwarf, protection, Rise!, all attributes damage reduction food, rune of the scrapper, and bulwark gyro.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Dr Meta.3158 said:

Interesting. Going to need to have full precision with no power or ferocity. Maybe get a reaper with nomads armor, death magic with 30 carapace, shroud, infusing terror, light/frost aura, Rite of the Great dwarf, protection, Rise!, all attributes damage reduction food, rune of the scrapper, and bulwark gyro.

True and the fun part about it is the fact all of that still won't change what gunflame is and how it doesn't need to be buffed 😄

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

57 minutes ago, Dr Meta.3158 said:

nah.. you can easily hit that running full berserker gear, on someone with probably, 3k-3.5k armor, protection, % reduction food, and probably some additional damage mitigation. I've encountered it on the roam a couple of times now.

was running a standard roaming build something like berserker, defense, discipline.

but on the regular chonky guy with protection, the average damage range is around 400-500+ on crit, still unhealthily low.

Edited by eXruina.4956
  • Confused 6

12 minutes ago, eXruina.4956 said:

nah.. you can easily hit that running full berserker gear, on someone with probably, 3k-3.5k armor, protection, % reduction food, and probably some additional damage mitigation. I've encountered it on the roam a couple of times now.

was running a standard roaming build something like berserker, defense, discipline.

but on the regular chonky guy with protection, the average damage range is around 400-500+ on crit, still unhealthily low.

It's possible for a Reaper to get 80% damage reduction before any armor increases are taken into account, and that is after the stacking nerf.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, JTGuevara.9018 said:

And, of course, you've said nothing but fact and out come the confused emojis lmao!

nah its not them, it was someone else, i disagreed with his opinion, thats all, and i guess he got bitter about it, to the point of over stepping. it happens, people get heated, sometimes get out of hand.

i wanted to explain my pov and make peace, could've ignored him altogether. but it didn't work out. admittedly he got to me a bit if it makes him happy. 🙂

everyone has their own opinion of things, we don't have to agree with each other on anything. for the most part everyones even right or wrong to a degree.

i love forums simply because i get to peek at what other people's thoughts and experiences are. i don't agree with everyones perspectives but knowing gives me more insight, and adds to my knowledge.

when it goes wrong is when people try to exercise control. or assert themselves too much, as in real life, its just a matter of respect and space.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2

4 hours ago, JTGuevara.9018 said:

And, of course, you've said nothing but fact and out come the confused emojis lmao!

Because it has nothing to do with the point of what was linked. I already explained that point, is there something you don't understand about it?
This has nothing to do with anyone worshipping anything, it has everything to do with your claim about "it being because he played elementalist (lowest armor/hp class!)". Linked fragment shows a spellbreaker bursted down for 21k+, but you're refusing to aknowlegde that because... the rest of a video a compilation? How does that work exactly?

Yes, if I'd say -as an example- "x can't hit for 10k" and you'll link a compilation (😱!) where that skill hits for 10k, it will still be a completely valid proof despite it being a compilation. Fragment of video being part of compilation changes literally nothing about it.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Let's recalibrate, eh?

Does Gunflame need to pierce?

Personally, I want Crack Shot to cause all ranged attacks to pierce, which would cover Gunflame, but also some other skills. Might make BSW better in competitive as well.

actually they could replace Versatile Rage and replace it with Warrior's Sprint. this will free up the Major Adept Traits.

as for "does gunflame NEED to pierce?" i really wouldn't say no, i mean why shouldn't it pierce either?

Edited by eXruina.4956
  • Confused 4

5 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Does Gunflame need to pierce?

No, it doesn't because from the motivations listed by the posters here, adding pierce solves nothing. It's just randomly making it even stronger than it already is, for no reason. It's already a long range high burst skill, there's no reason to now make it a long range high burst skill x5.

4 hours ago, eXruina.4956 said:

as for "does gunflame NEED to pierce?" i really wouldn't say no, i mean why shouldn't it pierce either?

Not only it doesn't answer the question, but instead attempts at avoiding them (and the reason for that avoidance is rather obvious 😉 ), but also your "returned question" was already answered multiple times.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Sobx.1758 said:

No, it doesn't because from the motivations listed by the posters here, adding pierce solves nothing. It's just randomly making it even stronger than it already is, for no reason. It's already a long range high burst skill, there's no reason to now make it a long range high burst skill x5.

It is already an AoE, so it is already a long range high burst skill x5. The difference between what I suggested and the posters here is that I would give it via a trait. A trait mind you that originally did just what I am suggesting.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

It is already an AoE, so it is already a long range high burst skill x5. The difference between what I suggested and the posters here is that I would give it via a trait. A trait mind you that originally did just what I am suggesting.

pierce is stronger than aoe with given radius, so guy you quoted is right

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Doesn't the aoe hit 3 targets? And not in the way you suddenly want it to be for no good reason? Not only that, but the question was "does/why does it need to pierce", not "is giving it as a trait better/worse", right? As far as I understand, the notion of "wanting it as a trait" doesn't change the question asked.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Doesn't the aoe hit 3 targets? And not in the way you suddenly want it to be for no good reason? Not only that, but the question was "does/why does it need to pierce", not "is giving it as a trait better/worse", right? As far as I understand, the notion of "wanting it as a trait" doesn't change the question asked.

No, they want it to pierce because they don't have the presence of mind to keep track of their surroundings. That is a L2P issue on them.

Nothing expressly needs to pierce in this game. What my point is, is that we had pierce on all rifle shots previously, and rifle is a rather underperforming weapon overall on warrior as are all it's ranged skills and utilities, so giving it via a trait is a suitable means of raising up all of warrior's underperforming ranged attacks.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

No, they want it to pierce because they don't have the presence of mind to keep track of their surroundings. That is a L2P issue on them.

Does that change what I said in this thread in any way? I'm a bit confused right now. You basically agree or what is this about?

13 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Nothing expressly needs to pierce in this game. What my point is, is that we had pierce on all rifle shots previously, and rifle is a rather underperforming weapon overall on warrior as are all it's ranged skills and utilities, so giving it via a trait is a suitable means of raising up all of warrior's underperforming ranged attacks.

The rifle can be adjusted without giving a 20k+ long range burst skill further buffs. "there was a trait to pierce" doesn't change anything about that?
I'm responding to the question "does it need a pierce" and you seem to be coming back with a "but it was/could be a trait". That doesn't respond to the question asked or if it somehow does, I simply can't see how.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

51 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Does that change what I said in this thread in any way? I'm a bit confused right now. You basically agree or what is this about?

The rifle can be adjusted without giving a 20k+ long range burst skill further buffs. "there was a trait to pierce" doesn't change anything about that?
I'm responding to the question "does it need a pierce" and you seem to be coming back with a "but it was/could be a trait". That doesn't respond to the question asked or if it somehow does, I simply can't see how.

My response was a nihilistic one. Nothing in this game needs to pierce, meanwhile if there is piercing then it is better if gained from a trait rather than be baked piecemeal into skills. I would also not be opposed to each class getting such a trait with extra flavor distinct for each profession.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1