plz make neverending harvest stuff legendary

3 minutes ago, Epsilon Indi.2031 said:

I'unno, they could just design skins that people actually want, sell them as sets or individually like they do with mounts.  Or mail carriers.  Or armor sets.  Or Backpack+gliders.

and how do you think people would react to having to pay the same for just a skin as a full tool?

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, Khisanth.2948 said:

and how do you think people would react to having to pay the same for just a skin as a full tool?

I'm gonna be honest here.  I don't really care how others would react if ANet went with this QOL update and made tools and the runes for tools use their own inventory.  Of course there'd be the normal forum outrage of "Change it back" and people whinging on reddit.  There's that almost every major change.

• Thanks 1

Or they could drop the price, like 20% if they are just selling tool skins, and still make up for it by having players needing to pay for the tool slots.

People paying money just for skins doesn't seem like an issue right now.  And it might very well make no difference - some players may basically budget $X/month to spend on the game, and with cheaper tool skins, they would just buy more of them vs fewer tools.

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, DarcShriek.5829 said:

The endless gathering tools are income for Anet.  They won't make them legendary because it would cut their income.  I wouldn't either.  Devs gotta eat.

Devs get paid before they make the item or asset that's used in the game. 

Personally I'd buy more of the tools as is if they were just skins and not yet more permanent tools.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Epsilon Indi.2031 said:

Devs get paid before they make the item or asset that's used in the game. 

Personally I'd buy more of the tools as is if they were just skins and not yet more permanent tools.

You have to keep paying devs.  You can't just pay them once.  Devs gotta eat today, and tomorrow.  If you want to keep good devs you have to keep paying them. 

It appears that GW2 is too expensive for you.  Maybe you should consider something that is easier on your budget. 

Edited by DarcShriek.5829
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, DarcShriek.5829 said:

You have to keep paying devs.  You can't just pay them once.  Devs gotta eat today, and tomorrow.  If you want to keep good devs you have to keep paying them. 

It appears that GW2 is too expensive for you.  Maybe you should consider something that is easier on your budget. 

Mhm, and they're paid by NCSoft to produce content as long as the game remains profitable.

We pay for igname cash shop items or expansions.  That money goes to NCSoft and makes GW2 look profitable.  NCSoft then reinvests that money into ArenaNet.

Also, I want the skins for my gathering tools, not a metric ton of permanent gathering tools taking up yet more inventory space like armor and weapon skins do when I purchase them from the cash shop.  It's cumbersome and annoying trying to delete a hundred or so skins I no longer need as I have legendary armor.

Edited by Epsilon Indi.2031
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1