teleport, gaurd and thf

On 4/3/2023 at 11:23 PM, Bazsi.2734 said:

Warrior was designed to be viable without teleports. The rest obviously wasn't. What is your point?

yes, other classes are designed to abuse port spots and LoS? lol, bruh. I got more plat2 on thief then warrior in my entire playtime. teleport abuse is just unfair since release.

there's a reason why thief has 90% meta up time since 2012.

and classes are designed to have mobility, but not port spots and LoS abuse and it is nowhere near balanced.

each maps has different number of port spots and LoSs, not to mention WvW, big open fields.

there's a reason why legacy and coliseum are favorited, there are fewer BS port spots and LoS that allow classes to jump out of nowhere or leave with 0 consequences with poor positioning. 

some PvP maps have favored teleports for far too long.

and forcing anet to hard buff no teleport classes, just to even the playing field, it's generally unfun to fight anything on one point.

im tired of anet stacking invuln on berserker, unfun to fight, but it's just sitting duck without being invuln 80% of the time against teleport classes. lol

Edited by Lighter.5631
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

14 hours ago, Lighter.5631 said:

yes, other classes are designed to abuse port spots and LoS? lol, bruh. I got more plat2 on thief then warrior in my entire playtime. teleport abuse is just unfair since release.

there's a reason why thief has 90% meta up time since 2012.

and classes are designed to have mobility, but not port spots and LoS abuse and it is nowhere near balanced.

each maps has different number of port spots and LoSs, not to mention WvW, big open fields.

there's a reason why legacy and coliseum are favorited, there are fewer BS port spots and LoS that allow classes to jump out of nowhere or leave with 0 consequences with poor positioning. 

some PvP maps have favored teleports for far too long.

and forcing anet to hard buff no teleport classes, just to even the playing field, it's generally unfun to fight anything on one point.

im tired of anet stacking invuln on berserker, unfun to fight, but it's just sitting duck without being invuln 80% of the time against teleport classes. lol

I was expecting you to adress what I've asked, so I was caught offguard with the "lol, bruh". What can I even say to refute that? Not to mention, the following incoherent rant about loosely related things just utterly destroyed me. I'm defeated in the free marketplace of ideas, I will never recover. Keep typing, hero!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3

On 4/1/2023 at 6:14 PM, Bailios.7518 said:

As a guard main my hot take is that I'd like to see JI gutted. Imo a lot of Meditation skills are crutches and holding the whole profession back (as in they could and should buff other skills but not while JI and RF remain so dominant). They should half the distance, and or require LoS like OP suggests. Or give it the untamed treatment.

You assume they'll gut a skill just to increase something else on Guardian? Remember to what happened to Smite Condition and Writ of Persistence's symbols? They nerfed them without allocating what they nerded.

There's nothing wrong with classes who port but there's some major inconsistencies with where you Can and Cannot port to. Some placed are downright broken.

• Like 2

On 4/1/2023 at 7:04 PM, Eddbopkins.2630 said:

its time they get a fair change. teleporting threw walls and solid objects with out line of site on targets makes the game feel like a cheaters paradise.

While I playing WvW briefly with a squad of 20 players; (before logging out of the game and playing a competitor healthy competitive mmo game), we noticed a Elementalist Profession using a skill mechanic to teleport through the gate. Other players in the squad attempted that to see if it was possible, and it is working.

Yes, Elementalist Profession have a skill that enables them to teleport through gates.

As for Thief Profession; it is a combination of 2 two skill mechanics to go through walls and gates including mounts.

As for Elementalist Profession; it is only 1 one skill mechanic 

side note-

I encourage Anet to take down the game for 6 month and do a full diagnosis of the entire game. To remove every possibilities of bugs, exploits, hacks, tricks, loopholes, immunity to attacks, remove all Perma's, remove every Toxic designs including teleport, +1 shots, pulls, shadow-port, remove all Port mechanics from all Profession except Mesmer Profession, limit Thief Profession to only 1 dodge, put Stealth mechanic in its place by removing it entirely from all Professions, redesign and reassign a healthy competitive Stealth mechanic only to Thief Profession, severely hard nerf Thief Profession; Once After All!! etc.... 

The only Salvation for Guild Wars 2 is to shut it down for 6 months+ and do hard over hall with a Permanent removal of Toxic designs. 

Edit: Add

Weapons range need to be properly hard nefed and to be reasign to Profession roles.

1. A melee Profession weapons range, should not exceed 300 range

2. A support Profession weapons range,  should not exceed 1000 range.

3. Ranger Profession should be the only Profession with exceeding weapons range of 1000-1500. 

Necromancer Profession, Thief Profession, Elementalist Profession, Engineer Profession and  Renegade Profession are the only condition role Professions.

Ranger Profession, Guardian Profession, Revenant Profession and Engineer Profession are the only healer role Professions.

Revenant Profession, Guardian Profession, Ranger Profession, Revenant Profession and Engineer Profession are the only support role  Professions.

4. Thief Profession is the only Stealth Profession

5. Remove all pull skill mechanics

6, Remove all teleport/portal skill mechanics and assign it to only Mesmer Professions  

7. Remove all +1 shots designs and traits

8. Hard nerf Thief Profession

9. Rework Thief Profession traits and remove all crit 

10. Remove Thief Profession Shadow step

11. Restrict Thief Profession to 2 dodges

12. Remove all steal mechanics and reassign it to  only Necromancer

13. Remove Celestial

14, Remove Trapper Runes

15. Hard Nerf every Professions

16. Remove all crit design in traits, weapons, gears, Professions, skills and mechanics, trait line, etc..

17. From hereon...

Only Hard Nerfs and Removal 

Edited by Burnfall.9573
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

11 hours ago, Saiyan.1704 said:

You assume they'll gut a skill just to increase something else on Guardian? Remember to what happened to Smite Condition and Writ of Persistence's symbols? They nerfed them without allocating what they nerded.

There's nothing wrong with classes who port but there's some major inconsistencies with where you Can and Cannot port to. Some placed are downright broken.

You're right, I am assuming that and I don't blame you for being pessimistic given Anets balance history.

• Like 1

On 4/13/2023 at 7:42 PM, Burnfall.9573 said:

While I playing WvW briefly with a squad of 20 players; (before logging out of the game and playing a competitor healthy competitive mmo game), we noticed a Elementalist Profession using a skill mechanic to teleport through the gate. Other players in the squad attempted that to see if it was possible, and it is working.

Yes, Elementalist Profession have a skill that enables them to teleport through gates.

As for Thief Profession; it is a combination of 2 two skill mechanics to go through walls and gates including mounts.

side note-

I encourage Anet to take down the game for 6 month and do a full diagnosis of the entire game. To remove every possibilities of bugs, exploits, hacks, tricks, loopholes, immunity to attacks, remove all Perma's, remove every Toxic designs including teleport, +1 shots, pulls, shadow-port, remove all Port mechanics from all Profession except Mesmer Profession, limit Thief Profession to only 1 dodge, put Stealth mechanic in its place by removing it entirely from all Professions, redesign and reassign a healthy competitive Stealth mechanic only to Thief Profession, severely hard nerf Thief Profession; Once After All!! etc.... 

The only Salvation for Guild Wars 2 is to shut it down for 6 months+ and do hard over hall with a Permanent removal of Toxic designs. 

Weapons range need to be properly hard nefed and to be reasign to Profession roles.

3. Ranger Profession should be the only Profession with exceeding weapons range of 1000-1500. 

Necromancer Profession, Thief Profession, Elementalist Profession, Engineer Profession and  Renegade Profession are the only condition role Professions.

Ranger Profession, Guardian Profession, Revenant Profession and Engineer Profession are the only healer role Professions.

Revenant Profession, Guardian Profession, Ranger Profession, Revenant Profession and Engineer Profession are the only support role  Professions.

6, Remove all teleport/portal skill mechanics and assign it to only Mesmer Professions  

13. Remove Celestial

14, Remove Trapper Runes

16. Remove all crit design in traits, weapons, gears, Professions, skills and mechanics, trait line, etc..

17. From hereon...

I'm so glad you're still around and posting. You're just so... free and unburdened. Unlike us, not bound by boring concepts like rationality or empiricism, just typing whatever comes to your fingertips. Refreshing.

• Haha 1

On 4/13/2023 at 1:42 PM, Burnfall.9573 said:

side note-

13. Remove Celestial

14, Remove Trapper Runes

17. From hereon...

no crits? reduce all health by 10-15k