Balanced Stance should have 40s CD in PvP

CalmTheStorm.2364

14 hours ago, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

Title.

I mean, seriously... Ranger's Dolyak Stance does significantly more than Balanced Stance, but DS has a 40s CD. And can even be shared with allies via a trait.

Totally agree, or at least 45 sec. But 40 seems fine.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

How about that movement impairing condition immunity eh?

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Balanced_Stance

In Zerg  WvW is eaten in seconds,you sometimes don't have time to do your combo properly and you are stunned/Feared/pushed xD

In 1v1 is good but with all the gap making abilities around not much of use.You just cannot close enough the gap between you and the enemy.

To use this ability at full potential the warrior have to know when the enemy does it's max combo to avoid instant downing from crits.A good enemy will bait out Balaned Stance with kitting around.

An improved verstion of the old version of stability would be good to have back but 0 chances I fear.

Anyway we can beat this for days with no results because of the balancing of the game where the balancing team solved balancing with giving out everyone everything to have and no particular skill set for each character to make it unique other than the F1,2,3...

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Gerebos.1065 said:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Balanced_Stance

In Zerg  WvW is eaten in seconds,you sometimes don't have time to do your combo properly and you are stunned/Feared/pushed xD

In 1v1 is good but with all the gap making abilities around not much of use.You just cannot close enough the gap between you and the enemy.

To use this ability at full potential the warrior have to know when the enemy does it's max combo to avoid instant downing from crits.A good enemy will bait out Balaned Stance with kitting around.

An improved verstion of the old version of stability would be good to have back but 0 chances I fear.

Anyway we can beat this for days with no results because of the balancing of the game where the balancing team solved balancing with giving out everyone everything to have and no particular skill set for each character to make it unique other than the F1,2,3...

Okay? Not sure why you are responding to me.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, JTGuevara.9018 said:

40 seconds? Nah, go harder.

agreed, specially for things like berserker stance and frenzy, can definitely be pushed to 25s in their current state, 30s at the very least.

as for endure pain and balanced stance, i feel 30s would be just right. but in today's game they're just too short lived.

they could rework berserker stance or frenzy to consume conditions for 10s, much like bear stance or spectral walk. this would be nice.

Edited by eXruina.4956
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

Lol at the comments for 30 sec and lower, especially mentioning endure pain. Some big delusions there.

But anyway 40 sec balanced stance is fine in wvw and it will be fine in conquest. You'll probably still not run it a lot of the time but it would be an alternative.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Hotride.2187 said:

Lol at the comments for 30 sec and lower, especially mentioning endure pain. Some big delusions there.

But anyway 40 sec balanced stance is fine in wvw and it will be fine in conquest. You'll probably still not run it a lot of the time but it would be an alternative.

I'd totally take it over endure pain and Dolyak signet (that one could reasonably be lowered to 32s if and when they ever remove the CD reductions from Arms) if BS were a 40s CD. The complete dmg immunity from endure pain is awesome for sure, but the immunity to crits is good enough in many cases, and the pulsing stab prevents getting locked down (which is a big problem with EP).

In an ideal set up, I'd take both BS and EP, but that usually comes with a pretty big tradeoff somewhere (like giving up shake it off or bull's charge). Still could work in some matchups.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 4/5/2023 at 10:11 PM, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

How about that movement impairing condition immunity eh?

Who cares about immobilize/chill if you are CCed to death? .....can swap dolyak stance fo balanced stance..any day of the week for me, I play both and Balanced Stance is head and shoulders better than dolyak stance any day of the week. Immune to critical dmg + pulsing stability? Yes...I can stroll inside spamming CC for a good while...the immobilize can be easily cleared, especially on a spellbreaker. Sorry guys but I simply cannot accept the comparison

P.S I gave up about that dead game mode ages ago...so do whatever you want in PvP

Edited by Arheundel.6451
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

the issue here for me is something more fundamental as warriors do not usually have boons and when they do use utilities it's mostly focused on ONE active boon 2 at times, problem is when the enemy can rip boons 2 at minimum or 3 in a single go it's easily removed- and when you're playing a melee-oriented class stuff going insta kaput in your face often leads into you getting waypointed out.

I love warrior but it's really disabled in the current meta when almost any soft cc that are spammable by the other classes(blind/enfeeble/cripple/chill) can counter it easily.

Edited by Firellis.7954
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

Who cares about immobilize/chill if you are CCed to death? .....can swap dolyak stance fo balanced stance..any day of the week for me, I play both and Balanced Stance is head and shoulders better than dolyak stance any day of the week. Immune to critical dmg + pulsing stability? Yes...I can stroll inside spamming CC for a good while...the immobilize can be easily cleared, especially on a spellbreaker. Sorry guys but I simply cannot accept the comparison

P.S I gave up about that dead game mode ages ago...so do whatever you want in PvP

At the same time what good is being CC immune if you are chilled/immob/cripple locked in the AoE vomit? Also, unlike Dolyak Stance Balanced Stance offers no reduction versus conditions.

• Thanks 1