GW2 Installer stops download randomly and for good [Merged]

2 minutes ago, noshik.3879 said:

It's been stuck around 200,526 remaining files for about an hour, though will download 1-3 if I close and re-open the launcher.

Those servers are currently very slow (only expect 1 MB/s). They're on the east coast US (same as the NA servers), so if you're not NA, that might just be how slow it is (100 KB/s).

If you want more information, launch with the -log option. When you think it's stuck with, let it sit for at least a minute, exit GW2, then view the log (%appdata%\Guild Wars 2\Gw2.log). It'll show which IP it's using and if it was failing to download files.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Riwiz.9423 said:

Same here, couldn't download yesterday because the speed was maximum 1kbs, right now is working kinda well at 11MBs

The connection speed is misleading.  It downloads individual files at a time and will get bottlenecked at the actual patching process.  Watch the number of files instead.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Chaba.5410 said:

The connection speed is misleading.  It downloads individual files at a time and will get bottlenecked at the actual patching process.  Watch the number of files instead.

Yea looks like i'm stuck at 518,971 now

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I think it's worth mentioning that just because it may appear to be downloading something, doesn't necessarily mean it's getting anywhere. Mine appears to be downloading just fine, but the file number never decreases no matter how long I wait. Every time I restart, even having seemingly downloaded a ton just prior to that, my file number at most descreases by 1. The hamster is running, but the wheel isn't turning.

This morning I was able to get another 20,000 files done, but then it stopped again and I've had no luck since. I'm getting tired of restarting again and again and again and waiting ages for nothing in hopes that something kicks into gear and it finally finishes. At this rate I estimate I'll have the download completed sometime around Christmas.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Dollymixtures.3158 said:

I think it's worth mentioning that just because it may appear to be downloading something, doesn't necessarily mean it's getting anywhere. Mine appears to be downloading just fine, but the file number never decreases no matter how long I wait. Every time I restart, even having seemingly downloaded a ton just prior to that, my file number at most descreases by 1. The hamster is running, but the wheel isn't turning.

This morning I was able to get another 20,000 files done, but then it stopped again and I've had no luck since. I'm getting tired of restarting again and again and again and waiting ages for nothing in hopes that something kicks into gear and it finally finishes. At this rate I estimate I'll have the download completed sometime around Christmas.

Same and it's really sad i mean we all probably paid for expansions/gems and from what i saw this problem was around few days already and they kinda did nothing about it at, from my pov it's the biggest problem around. Hopefully someone will listen to us because it's really a deal-breaker. I'll need a free expansion for this experience ANet! xDD 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Riwiz.9423 said:

Now i got to *Playable*, i wonder if i'll open the game the download would be smoother and faster

It's the same thing. It'd just mean an infinite loading screen if you got stuck downloading a required file while loading.

• Thanks 1

I searched a bit for this problem when I first noticed I had it and it seems to occur relatively frequently. I've seen plenty of people bemoaning it, but what I haven't seen is any recognition of it by ArenaNet.

I'm lucky, I already had the main body of the game downloaded from years ago. I can still play it, although how far I can get missing so many files, I have no idea yet. I feel sorry for those who have just dropped money on it and find they can't even play it.

I think it's just bullheadedness that makes me keep trying. This on top of the tiny amount storage I'm expected to play with may just keep me away for good.

• Thanks 1

Yep im now kinda at same. Download progress stays at 0%, files appear stuck, unless I open and close launcher. At that point it shows as if 2 or 3 files were downloaded. If I just leave it, it can download to up to 10gb of data, but almost feels like all wasted. Amazing. Ill just try again over weekend, hopefully gets fixed by then =D Good luck to you all.

Edited by azmond.7289
add
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I've been having this issue since yesterday when I try to download the game it stops randomly, and I have to start Over. I have disabled my Firewall and tried a multitude of different solutions I found online nothing is working. I can download other games fine and have tested my internet probably a dozen times now if anyone has any suggestion I would greatly appreciate it.

11 minutes ago, Casskade.7152 said:

Wow, you're dedicated lol. I'm just sat here like 'meh, I'll wait' 🤣

I mean yea, kinda dedicated to this game because this is the only mmo that really got me also the only one i've spent money on.
And i understand that the team isn't that big and they need some time to get things done right but i had some free time and was really focused on getting the game downloaded tbh xD 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

why cant i install the game mine stops at 23% i  am beyond frustrated ive never had a problem like this on this game ever then if i repeatedly keep restarting the launcher i get about 5% then 0k/kb again then have to restart eventually i kept doing this over and over again because nothing else worked until it got to stuck at 150000 files permanently even when it would says its downloading the mbyts the files remain at 150000 idk what to do do ive tried everything

Edited by Fury.1924
  • Sad 1

Not sure what changed, but last night I was able to download the rest of the game with ease. I was hoping they'd fixed it, but looking in this thread I guess I just got lucky. Three days of nursing a download makes me nervous about having the same problem with future patches and content.

Let's hope they do something about it soon!

• Like 1

I'm still having issues here... got it down to 12,150 files remaining after a good run, but now it's stopped again 😂

Edit - Closed the client, reopened and it started working again - all downloaded! wooo! 🥳🎉

Edited by Casskade.7152
  • Like 1

Hi, I'm having trouble finishing downloading the game. The remaining files no longer shrink. The download speed seems to be moving normally, I've already spent about 5hrs on this problem, I close the launcher and nothing works, I've followed all the tips here on the forum about changing servers, freeing up ports, remonizing files... and none solution, the download still stuck. Thanks to anyone who can help me.

Edited by Luty.5719