GW2 Installer stops download randomly and for good [Merged]

The main server is/was throwing a lot of errors and these errors get cached by other servers. When GW2 downloads these files, it doesn't get what it expects, so it keeps retrying until it either gets it or stops entirely.

You have 2 options:

1. Restart GW2 whenever it's stuck and hope you randomly get a different server that works.
2. Use the primary server, which will potentially be a lot slower, but is guaranteed to work.

30 minutes ago, Iskras Femme.1693 said:

ArenaNET dont solved this insue and refuse to talk about ... why?

8 minutes ago, Iskras Femme.1693 said:

An absurd disrespect from ArenaNET towards its customers.

Have you submitted a ticket to support? Have you searched the Account and Technical Support forum?  You might have more success using those preferred methods.

Just because Anet hasn't responded in an open, public forum does not mean that they are disrespectful, especially on a weekend when it's likely that most of them are not at work.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Gunjamed.7901 said:

I fixed GW2 on my system by deleting the files in your C drive, user, name, AppData\Roaming\Guild Wars 2 leave the folder but delete the files inside and relaunch! I hope this works every time this happens more testing will be required.

Work here, at last, launcher dont stop. Thanks.

Edited by Iskras Femme.1693
  • Like 1

hi i have had trouble downloading the game myself for the past 2 days .im in Australia and did the whole argument command lines  or added the port to the end of command in properties 

i finally went to steam 

it works so far . now you can add your hard work guild wars 2 to steam with -provider Portal

i hope this helps good luck

Edited by wajarri.6320
youtube didnt add

On 4/6/2023 at 2:12 PM, Healix.5819 said:

The launcher getting stuck while downloading is commonly caused by a bad patch server. Temporarily use the primary server:

https://imgur.com/a/8HA67lK

THIS.  I had tried everything suggested, changing the shortcut's target with a specific IP, disabling qos packet scheduler, etc. Nothing worked, but THIS did.

I am new to the game, just installed a couple of weeks ago and although I had been able to play the game, it had never been able to fully install until I followed this link.

THANK YOU.

4 minutes ago, geekgoddess.4275 said:

THIS.  I had tried everything suggested, changing the shortcut's target with a specific IP, disabling qos packet scheduler, etc. Nothing worked, but THIS did.

I am new to the game, just installed a couple of weeks ago and although I had been able to play the game, it had never been able to fully install until I followed this link.

THANK YOU.

Just make sure to undo the change once you have the game fully downloaded so you don't end up with connection errors later after the primary server's IP address changes again.

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Gunjamed.7901 said:

I fixed GW2 on my system by deleting the files in your C drive, user, name, AppData\Roaming\Guild Wars 2 leave the folder but delete the files inside and relaunch! I hope this works every time this happens more testing will be required.

I did this, but nothing really changed, it still drops

• Like 1

I tried you'r suggestion, but I don't think it's the issue. The download is stuck at 2% now since a few hours and it seems that it cannot progress for some reason... I'm just wondering if there is something wrong with my system/pc but I didn't have issues downloading/playing from steam.

Thanks for your help.

Just now, Iskras Femme.1693 said:

change things in host? yes. I try 2 things or workaround posted here, both dont work. Just hold the connection for more time (one methode).

What IP address did you use?  The current ones are:

18 minutes ago, Iskras Femme.1693 said:

Have a bunch os topics about, old topics and Anet - at today - dont say NOTHING about, they really looks dont care.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/130503-current-connectivity-issues/

"We are aware that a number of players are currently experiencing connectivity problems such as Error 42 messages in game, trading post performance, and client logins. We are currently investigating the network issues causing these problems. Thank you for your patience--we know this is frustrating."

• Like 1

Just now, Jukhy.2431 said:

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/130503-current-connectivity-issues/

"We are aware that a number of players are currently experiencing connectivity problems such as Error 42 messages in game, trading post performance, and client logins. We are currently investigating the network issues causing these problems. Thank you for your patience--we know this is frustrating."

type on google

'extremly/very/etc slow download Guild Wards II'

• Confused 1