Massive bot problem in pvp

It's gotten to the point where I'm regularly seeing bots in ranked games, sometimes 2 or even 3 per match. Anet, wtf are you doing? These bots are so obvious too, their behaviours are always identical. It's either characters just running into walls all game, or self-tormenting Revenants afk in base. Do you just want people to stop playing pvp and leave it to the bots? I'm seeing the same bots all the time now, they never get banned. It's like an infestation.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, naoseiisso.7418 said:

I even learned their names, they come mostly in core builds, they seem to be free accounts

a few people opened support tickets about this

if you wanna be afk you should at least pay for the game

Yeah, I agree, it would help with the bot problem a little. Also just tying ranked rewards to participation and top stats and stuff would help reduce the number of bots, because people wouldn't have as much reason to do it. 

• Like 2

Don't forget about the guy with like, 10+ pvp accounts that's farming gold in AT and it's not even his fault...this is 100% Anet's fault for allowing players to AFK for gold without consequences.

I'm only mentioning it because it's a complete waste of time for EVERYONE who is forced to wait these matches out. Either incorporate a, "got to have at least 10% of enemy team's score" or a "forfeit match" type system in the game idk...

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Saiyan.1704 said:

Don't forget about the guy with like, 10+ pvp accounts that's farming gold in AT and it's not even his fault...this is 100% Anet's fault for allowing players to AFK for gold without consequences.

I'm only mentioning it because it's a complete waste of time for EVERYONE who is forced to wait these matches out. Either incorporate a, "got to have at least 10% of enemy team's score" or a "forfeit match" type system in the game idk...

Having to have 10% of the enemy team's score isn't good. I've been in plenty of matches against teams actually trying their best and still losing 0-500.

Typing forfeit match or a teamwide /gg still leaves the issue of sitting around waiting for an actual match to come.

There aren't enough good players consistently on and playing AT to have every match be exciting. The closest you'll get is mAT once a month, the occasional hardstuck tourney, or MOTA.

There is a low rate of players becoming good due to a variety of factors such as sadistic/antisocial/psychopathic players driving them off the game mode or the game itself with no regulation from arenanet, an array of players with little patience and poor emotional regulation chastising new players for poor performance mainly due to lack of playerbase causing skewed matchmaking, no in game method of learning how to play pvp, newer generations of players having little patience and discipline for developing skill, and little interest from arenanet in cultivating the pvp population.

There also used to be individuals or guilds that hosted tournaments and in-houses for prizes and such and those are essentially all gone now. I was even excited for the upcoming 1v1 ladder coming back but the guy that hosted that is leaving for Diablo 4 out of frustration for this game. 

Things tend to fall apart when you neglect them.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Dr Meta.3158 said:

Having to have 10% of the enemy team's score isn't good. I've been in plenty of matches against teams actually trying their best and still losing 0-500.

I think what the person meant is the % of team thing at the end of the match. You have to have been participating at least 10% or something, to be eligible for rewards. Personally, I think that would help a lot, since bots never get any % of stats.

• Thanks 1

I agree, they're ruining the game for many people myself included. The same names also. This is unheard of. Every game that i ever played bans people for doing skat like this promptly. I did submit a support ticket about it.. This is what they had to say...

" GM Nayz (Guild Wars 2 Support)

Apr 13, 2023, 19:11 PDT

Hello,

We understand your frustration regarding this matter. Rest assured that we will take the appropriate actions against the reported players once we've verified that they are violating the rules of the game.

Thank you for helping us make Guild Wars 2 a better place!

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Regards,

GM Nayz
Guild Wars 2 Support Team
http://help.guildwars2.com/ "

I want to know what their process is to verify that they are violating the rules? Whats the point of reporting them? It's obviously not working. If they get reported by a high volume of people for the same offense's is that not proof enough to at least put the account on a temp ban/hold to investigate the situation which was "Verified" by the reporting players. It's just sad.

Edited by Zeroinflux.8362
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

15 hours ago, Zeroinflux.8362 said:

I agree, they're ruining the game for many people myself included. The same names also. This is unheard of. Every game that i ever played bans people for doing skat like this promptly. I did submit a support ticket about it.. This is what they had to say...

" GM Nayz (Guild Wars 2 Support)

Apr 13, 2023, 19:11 PDT

Hello,

We understand your frustration regarding this matter. Rest assured that we will take the appropriate actions against the reported players once we've verified that they are violating the rules of the game.

Thank you for helping us make Guild Wars 2 a better place!

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Regards,

GM Nayz
Guild Wars 2 Support Team
http://help.guildwars2.com/ "

I want to know what their process is to verify that they are violating the rules? Whats the point of reporting them? It's obviously not working. If they get reported by a high volume of people for the same offense's is that not proof enough to at least put the account on a temp ban/hold to investigate the situation which was "Verified" by the reporting players. It's just sad.

Apparently it means they don't care enough or don't have enough staff to actually do anything about it. That's the most generic automated reply I've ever seen. The worst part is, these bots should be really easy to spot. They all have the exact same behaviours, and the exact same 0 participation in matches plus they're always online and queuing for matches. It's so obviously not human, and it shouldn't be that hard to set up a program that detects stuff like that, the way the afk system can detect if you're afk.

• Like 3

On 4/14/2023 at 3:11 PM, Seventh Ranger.3968 said:

I think what the person meant is the % of team thing at the end of the match. You have to have been participating at least 10% or something, to be eligible for rewards. Personally, I think that would help a lot, since bots never get any % of stats.

I've never seen bots in ranked but I've  seen bots a few times in unranked only and they are all scripted to follow each other to points and they do fight so I don't think that system would work regardless of what he intended by 10% of enemy score, which im going to go by what is defined in this game as match score rather than what is defined in this game as match stats.

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, Dr Meta.3158 said:

I've never seen bots in ranked but I've  seen bots a few times in unranked only and they are all scripted to follow each other to points and they do fight so I don't think that system would work regardless of what he intended by 10% of enemy score, which im going to go by what is defined in this game as match score rather than what is defined in this game as match stats.

Most bots just auto-run into walls or afk in base while self-tormenting though, so it would at least get rid of a ton of them. Also to be honest, the behaviour you're describing sounds more like bad players who don't talk, rather than bots. That's some pretty complex programming for a bot that's just meant to get someone pvp rewards.

• Like 1

On 4/12/2023 at 11:39 PM, naoseiisso.7418 said:

I even learned their names, they come mostly in core builds, they seem to be free accounts

a few people opened support tickets about this

if you wanna be afk you should at least pay for the game

I agree that not allowing f2p accounts to play spvp, combined with one round of ANet banning bots, would fix this problem. Just played a game where i think 4 or 5 of the enemies were core classes and all of them were bots.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

I don't even stream ATs anymore because of how many AFK matches there are.

No one wants to watch 3 straight AFK matches in a row man.

its out of our hands sadly.

you're only as good as the cards you're dealt. you can make the most of it, but there's only so much you can do.

Edited by eXruina.4956
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

100% this. I love this game and, when it's working as intended, I still enjoy the actual PvP gameplay a lot (even if I like stronghold more, support stronghold, new stronghold maps, ranked stronghold now, et cetera), but the bot/idler situation is really insane right now. ArenaNet, you NEED to be more more intelligent and aggressive about dealing with this issue. If I see that you're not supporting your game, I'm definitely not going to continue supporting you (by buying your collector's edition expansion packs and such, as I usually do).

Your efforts are appreciated where you put them (even if you don't put nearly enough into your competitive modes - there's a reason people don't play them the way they used to), and I know you're all very smart, so please figure this out.

Edited by Kalibri.5861

I sent a video to support showing 5 bots in a single match, that was saturday, i got an answer from them that sounded like "hmmm, ok".

I added the bots to my friendlist (5 so far), they played from 400 to 600 matches this season, and they still rolling 48 hours after report.

• Sad 1