Game wont login after April 18 2023 update

Same here, after the "april 18" patch, launcher freeze and do not work anymore.

Using -usecoherent did the trick, however i have another issue, the full screen do not work anymore, there is no directx 9 option in the options. I'm under Windows 7 x64.

edit
To force the game working in DX9, use -dx9 line.

These are my options to launch thegame properly under Win7, file settings.json placed on the gw2 settings folder under roaming:

{"arguments":["-NoMusic","-useOldFov","-mapLoadinfo", "-usecoherent","-dx9"]}

Edited by Miporin.3529
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Lysica.1027 said:

Maybe ANet didn't test this on Win7 again? It's the same situation as last big patch all over again.

Unfortunately seems the case, but fortunately we still have options to switch off new broken settings. GW2 was natively a Win XP game, i played since 2012 launch, i can't say they should support XP, too outdated,  but Win 7 is still used by a lotta of people even nowadays, they should support both, Win 10 and Seven.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Miporin.3529 said:

Unfortunately seems the case, but fortunately we still have options to switch off new broken settings. GW2 was natively a Win XP game, i played since 2012 launch, i can't say they should support XP, too outdated,  but Win 7 is still used by a lotta of people even nowadays, they should support both, Win 10 and Seven.

No, Windows 7 hasn't been a supported OS since Jan 2020. Why would any developer, of games or any other application, need to support an Operating System that is more than 3 years out-of-date?

• Like 2
  • Confused 5

44 minutes ago, misterman.1530 said:

No, Windows 7 hasn't been a supported OS since Jan 2020. Why would any developer, of games or any other application, need to support an Operating System that is more than 3 years out-of-date?

Nope, in the system requirement of the game is still fully supported (do not care about ms support). I will never use win 10-11, an abortion that seems  a cross between a cellphone and a console and not a pc os, also bugged and heavy, my old hardware and software working great with Seven and for my work is all what i need, a clean and light os. There are tons of the people that still using win 7 for many reasons (this thread is the proof), moreover if you are fine with 10 then use it and stop bothering people who use different os, is not your business. Is the duty of the devs to fix bugs within supported os.

Edited by Miporin.3529
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Miporin.3529 said:

Nope, in the system requirement of the game is still fully supported (do not care about ms support). I will never use win 10-11, an abortion that seems  a cross between a cellphone and a console and not a pc os, also bugged and heavy, my old hardware and software working great with Seven and for my work is all what i need, a clean and light os. There are tons of the people that still using win 7 for many reasons (this thread is the proof), moreover if you are fine with 10 then use it and stop bothering people who use different os, is not your business. Is the duty of the devs to fix bugs within supported os.

No, it isn't their "duty" when technology changes to support older OSs. As someone wrote, we are getting into technology that will no longer support Win7.   Steam will end support in Jan 2024 for Win 7/8.1 because of CEF. 

It doesn't matter, at all, what you use or what you want, nor any number of other users. Anet has to code to supported OSs that have security patches and which support newer technology. No corporation should code to unsupported software. Besides, the number of Win7 users has steadily decreased over the past couple of years. Continuing to develop software that is backwards compatible to increasingly unused OSs makes no sense.

As for "supported os" - even GW2's minimum system requirements page mentions:

Please note that—due to ongoing changes to the game—these system requirements may change over time.

So they may have not updated their requirements page yet.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Miporin.3529 said:

I will never use win 10-11

What do you plan on doing when this no longer becomes an option if you want to keep playing something that updates as newer technology comes along?  I have a difficult time understanding this position so I'm curious.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, misterman.1530 said:

They did.  Yesterday that page showed they still supported the Nvidia 8800 GTS for Core which is a card that doesn't fully support DX11.  This morning they removed that entire section.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chaba.5410 said:

They did.  Yesterday that page showed they still supported the Nvidia 8800 GTS for Core which is a card that doesn't fully support DX11.  This morning they removed that entire section.

No, I meant for supporting Windows 7. They might have overlooked it.

From what I can read, Windows 7 is still supported. The only change they have made to the minimum requirements is the need for DX11.

About Windows 7, I remember that the developers wrote a letter explaining why they decided to use DX11 instead of DX12, and one of the reasons (among many others), was to allow Windows 7 users to continue playing the game.

For now, the only solution for the error in the launcher is to use the command -usecoherent.

Edited by Raider Jones.5120
  • Thanks 4

4 hours ago, misterman.1530 said:

No, it isn't their "duty" when technology changes to support older OSs. As someone wrote, we are getting into technology that will no longer support Win7.   Steam will end support in Jan 2024 for Win 7/8.1 because of CEF. 

It doesn't matter, at all, what you use or what you want, nor any number of other users. Anet has to code to supported OSs that have security patches and which support newer technology. No corporation should code to unsupported software. Besides, the number of Win7 users has steadily decreased over the past couple of years. Continuing to develop software that is backwards compatible to increasingly unused OSs makes no sense.

As for "supported os" - even GW2's minimum system requirements page mentions:

Please note that—due to ongoing changes to the game—these system requirements may change over time.

Minimun requirements, dx 11, mean win 7 is still fully supported, but again, since you already used that abomination called win 10 i don't get why you  still here  arguing about something that do not affect you. Cut it.

Edited by Miporin.3529
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Raider Jones.5120 said:

From what I can read, Windows 7 is still supported. The only change they have made to the minimum requirements is the need for DX11.

About Windows 7, I remember that the developers wrote a letter explaining why they decided to use DX11 instead of DX12, and one of the reasons (among many others), was to allow Windows 7 users to continue playing the game.

For now, the only solution for the error in the launcher is to use the command -usecoherent.

Exact, i don't get why win 10 users  are here in the first place since such change didn't affect them at all.
Anyway dx9 still working if you use the -dx9 parameter fortunately, because dx11 do not work properly in my system and full screen do not work.

Edited by Miporin.3529
  • Like 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

32 minutes ago, Miporin.3529 said:

i don't get why win 10 users  are here in the first place since such change didn't affect them at all

That's not true.  Been Win10 users also reporting issues here.

Also, still wondering what your plan is for when Win7 no longer becomes an option?  Not many stores still have hitching posts for customers to park their horses at either because the number of horse riders is way, way down.

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1