Personal interest in Hardcore Servers  

196 members have voted

1. 1. Personal interest in Hardcore Servers

• I'm interested in playing HC
    • I'm interested in watching HC content
    • Not in favor one way or the other.
    • I'm not interested in HC at all
    • I'm against the idea of HC being implemented

This is the perfect thread for the famous words of Kharmin; "I'd prefer resources be spent elsewhere"

like on catboy tail backpieces and swimsuits+hot spring episode though.

I assume this is because of WoW's news. I don't play HC in Path of Exile or Diablo and don't play WoW in general and likely wouldn't play HC here. Too many silly problems can lead to death in online games like server hiccups/random kick to char selection and terrain glitches.

If they wanna appeal to Twitch traffic, even though I've given up on Twitch and only use it when bribed with drops nowadays cuz ad suffocation and dont feel like dling the special Twitch adblock, they should target the speedrunner crowd and make SAB permanent and expanded upon. 😛

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Doggie.3184 said:

This is the perfect thread for the famous words of Kharmin; "I'd prefer resources be spent elsewhere"

Well, it is true.  I would prefer resources be spent elsewhere; however, I can't see Anet implementing anything like this in the first place.  I can't imagine that splitting the player-base across servers like this is beneficial for the health of the product.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

If you mean a hard-mode version of game play, that already exists in the form of challenge modes. I would love to see more optional CM available for more aspects of the game.

If you mean developing an entire server* with reduced QOL features and perma-death, emphatically no. What's the point of that? You can stream yourself playing with the gimmick that if you die, you delete your character. You can choose to not use mounts, waypoints, tomes of knowledge, and use no resources from previous game play, if that's your cup of tea. No development resources need to go to something like that. If you want to play that way, and attempt to hook an audience making videos or streams of yourself playing that way, more power to you.

*This game runs on a shared mega-server system, so making a new server for this purpose isn't reasonable.

Edited by Dovienya.6597
clarity
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1