Devs pls Rework Garbage Torch 5 skill

Pecar.1236

Pls devs buff or rework this skill because its garbage for last 10 years.     Low DMG/ Low Burning (only on final attack)/ Incredible long casting time.   Ranger have better torch 5 skill.

Remove condi remove from others  and change to 5x pulse only (this will halves casting speed) and give it 1 burning for each pulse or make something what is same as Ranger 5 torch skill with same 25s CD.

• Thanks 4
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

Sure. But what are your other options for an offhand?

Guardian Shield really is all group defensive support.

Focus 5 is just a selfish defense shield.

Then you have Torch.

My main has been Mesmer where I really wanted to use every Offhand in different situations. But with Guardian I'm not really satisfied with either the Focus or the Torch.

• Thanks 1

torch 5 is good for triggering permeating wrath, doe its fault lies in long casting time and limited cone area. When you use torches, that means you probly got condi build,  upping its strike damage would just result to marginal increase in damage.  most of torch damage probly  is allocated in torch 4.  For better or worse, Torch 5 is a mixed bag of support and offense, thus it's  meant to be excelled at neither. However I'd call for 1 condi removal at cast and  increasing its ticking speed abit, and maybe increasing cone dimension abit for less awkward maneuvering. 

Edited by quaniesan.8497
  • Thanks 2

On 5/15/2023 at 9:04 PM, quaniesan.8497 said:

torch 5 is good for triggering permeating wrath, doe its fault lies in long casting time and limited cone area. When you use torches, that means you probly got condi build,  upping its strike damage would just result to marginal increase in damage.  most of torch damage probly  is allocated in torch 4.  For better or worse, Torch 5 is a mixed bag of support and offense, thus it's  meant to be excelled at neither. However I'd call for 1 condi removal at cast and  increasing its ticking speed abit, and maybe increasing cone dimension abit for less awkward maneuvering. 

Yeah, the main thing I'd like to see is making it also clear some conditions on the user.

On 5/15/2023 at 6:04 AM, quaniesan.8497 said:

torch 5 is good for triggering permeating wrath, doe its fault lies in long casting time and limited cone area. When you use torches, that means you probly got condi build

Willbender needs F1 to be up for our multi-hit skills to apply burn damages so it would make sense if the burn stacks applied at the start of Torch#5 instead of at the end of the channel.

Speaking from the pvp side of things, the risk/reward simply isn't there for us to risk channeling it. Even on my burn WB build (a meme but relevant) I never ever even touch torch#5 because WB rotations can't risk the channel time, but again, this partly has to do with WB's lack of passive F1.

• Like 1