Soulbeast annoying bug since last update

I did start a topic about it in the bug thread, however nothing is being done to fix the bug. Anyway, is anyone playing sb in wvw getting an annoying bug where the pet merges with you after you use the warclaw mount? So even if the soul beast merge is on cd as soon as you mount and then dismount the pet has merged with you. It does for me randomly and messes my burst completely. I will post a video later, but I doubt anet will do anything about it, like how sometimes the underwater pet will be stashed away for no reason.

Tadaaaa: 

Edited by asterix.9614
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Beddo.1907 said:

If you mean merge after you dismount, when you were merged on mount, then that's normal.

Pet stash is usually caused by pet instantly changing when entering water.

No, it merges even when I mount unmerged. I will upload a video to show it later.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Beddo.1907 said:

If you mean merge after you dismount, when you were merged on mount, then that's normal.

Pet stash is usually caused by pet instantly changing when entering water.

There's a weird bug where the pet stashes after mounting or using a bouncing mushroom, but you're still "merged". The only buttons you have are the pet stow and the soulbeast merge button. It's only started happening since last patch.

• Thanks 1

On 5/16/2023 at 8:35 AM, asterix.9614 said:

I did start a topic about it in the bug thread, however nothing is being done to fix the bug. Anyway, is anyone playing sb in wvw getting an annoying bug where the pet merges with you after you use the warclaw mount?

This has been an ongoing bug for many weeks now. And it is not just the Warclaw but any mount, and not just in WvW but PvE as well.

Hope this gets taken care of soonish as I don't feel like playing my Ranger under these circumstances.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

And I was wondering if there was some kind of stupid skill button switched on and I went to check it few times with my two ranger. XD I was also loosing my mind every time I dismounted and beastmode activated automatically even if I didin't click it before took the mount.

• Thanks 1

This is not a soulbeast only bug, it happens on untamed as well.
Ranger is unleashed, you mount up, you dismount and suddenly pet is unleashed, happens when you enter/exit water too.
I believe it has something to do with "changing states" mechanic which soulbeast's merge and untamed's unleash are part of and it will happen to anyone that has those type of mechanic tied to them.

P.S

Holo state and bladesworn state do not count since they are functioning more like kits than states.

I have found many bugs on ranger but I just gave up on the hope of them ever being fixed (some of them existing since game release) so I just never report them.

Edited by DarkFlopy.8197
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

this bug (automerge on dismount when mounted unmerged) only appears after the first time you mounted in merged state.
until then  on dismount your pet will be unmerged like normal. but as soon as you mounted the first time in merged state your pet will allways be merged when you dismount thereafter.  even if you were unmerged when mounted.

technically it seems like the game sets a flag (merged when mounted)  but forget to unset it later when the player mounts unmerged.

in pve the bug disappears when you change maps.