Power Zerker needs buffs. (PvP)

Zuko.7132

Mechanic Overhaul

1. Make the ability to exit Berserk mode and traits triggering on exiting baseline.
  2. Remove the adrenaline requirement for entering Zerk Mode since it doesn't count as a burst or make it count as a tier 3 burst.

Traits

1. In order for Smash Brawler to be taken over Savage instinct, it needs to be better. Have it reduce the cooldown on berserk mode by 3 seconds instead of increasing duration by 5 for pvp and grant the crit chance at all times.
  2. Burst of Aggression needs to give 2 seconds of fury and resistance baseline. Berserker struggles with fury uptime, and is shutdown too easily by blind and weakness.
  3. Blood Reaction should be based on power and give precision as well as ferocity. Adjust numbers as needed. Zerker desperately needs more crit chance.
  4. Change Bloody Roar to give 1.5 seconds of fury, resistance, and superspeed on primal burst use in addition to damage increase. Zerker is way too easily kited and it's burst is shut down too easily.

Skills

1. Shattering Blow needs to be an AOE circle not stop you from moving and inflict 1 second of daze.
  2. Wild Blow should have a 450 range dash and make your next attack crit.
  3. Outrage should inflict weakness and give you protection for 3 seconds. It's just not worth taking.

• Like 5

the sustain is perfectly fine now with berserker, shown with condi build

The problem with power berserker right now is that it does no damage.

because

no fury, low crit rate

bad range

vulnerable to weakness.

berserker's damage line does give a tons of damage tho, but bottom line is too essential for berserker to function in pvp.

personally tho, i think just by adding fury when entering berserk and paired with eternal champion, already would be a big fix.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@felix.2386 I would say yes to everything you said. Tho only thing that is not that true is it does allready enough dmg. In its current state you need to use Eternal Champion cause you want to be able to exist the berserk mode as you want (to get it rdy again when you need it and also to Trigger its passives means quickness and stuff). The thing here is ...... you Miss the 10% buff of bloody Roar. (GS burst in zerk Mode for example does Like 2k DMG more simply by using bloody Roar instead of Eternal Champion.... Often times this means 6k DMG instead of only 4k) 

The real and only way to fix this issue would be simply making the ability to exist Berserk Mode baseline on the berserk rage Skill and not bound to Eternal Champion.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Myror.7521 said:

@felix.2386 I would say yes to everything you said. Tho only thing that is not that true is it does allready enough dmg. In its current state you need to use Eternal Champion cause you want to be able to exist the berserk mode as you want (to get it rdy again when you need it and also to Trigger its passives means quickness and stuff). The thing here is ...... you Miss the 10% buff of bloody Roar. (GS burst in zerk Mode for example does Like 2k DMG more simply by using bloody Roar instead of Eternal Champion.... Often times this means 6k DMG instead of only 4k) 

The real and only way to fix this issue would be simply making the ability to exist Berserk Mode baseline on the berserk rage Skill and not bound to Eternal Champion.

10% damage doesn't translate to a 2k damage different from 4k to 6k. your theory is fundamentally wrong.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, felix.2386 said:

10% damage doesn't translate to a 2k damage different from 4k to 6k. your theory is fundamentally wrong.

No it doesn't but it's more than you think due to modifiers being multiplicative.

23 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Those are lumped into the 4000 figure already.

That 4k crit already has all the damage modifiers from elsewhere and the critical damage already factored into it.

Then ya it would just be 10% more in that case, but that’s more than a 10% increase compared to base damage with that as the only modifier.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Nah. I'm fine now actually.

I don't personally need anything else for power zerk, and don't want to be in any position akin to bladesworn atm.

I don't want that either. But berserker is not a viable pick for a dps yet compared to other options.

• Like 2

You don't think the axe/axe + mace/shield variant is strong? Maybe I have a skewed opinion, but besides a lack of mobility, it feels like an incredible duelist. I say my opinion is skewed because I'm coming from trying (and failing) to make Vindicator work as well as I would like. 

• Confused 1

26 minutes ago, Myror.7521 said:

@Shinichi Megure.8061 Nah Spell is played more passive while Berserker is Just keep the pressure as high as possible. So in that sence its not even close played like a spell ...... tho besides this i Miss Power Defence Berserker sad it does not compete yet since you Miss Like around 10% DMG yet. 

I feel special just being out here playing defense/strength power zerker and not dying in agony due to the class being obliterated by a single weakness proc. Half usable is better than unusable, definitely. 

Apparently, it still doesnt exist, despite people falling over themselves to come to the war forums with their new take about why "power zerker is overpowered actually" every time it gets QoL.

Not constructive, just rambling, mildly amused that it keeps getting damage shaves every time it gets a mild sustain buff like it's a gardener's perfectly kept hedge in a maze of overgrown ones.~

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Myror.7521 said:

@Azure The Heartless.3261 I mean in theory strength defence does indeed not Sounds that bad buuuut you will be countered by immob spam also you will sure Miss the 5 Seconds weaponsweap and swiftness from Disciplin. Soooo idk. Think it could be somewhat variable in PvP in Up to g3 maybe also p1 but will struggle there for Sure If im right.

Oh, no I meant I use str/disc/zerk for like 2 engagements and def/disc/zerk for the rest.

Fast hands is indispensable. 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261

1 hour ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

I feel special just being out here playing defense/strength power zerker and not dying in agony due to the class being obliterated by a single weakness proc. Half usable is better than unusable, definitely. 

Apparently, it still doesnt exist, despite people falling over themselves to come to the war forums with their new take about why "power zerker is overpowered actually" every time it gets QoL.

Not constructive, just rambling, mildly amused that it keeps getting damage shaves every time it gets a mild sustain buff like it's a gardener's perfectly kept hedge in a maze of overgrown ones.~

You should see the Gunflame QQ threads in the WvW forums.

46 minutes ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

It's so wild...

No matter how bad your kit, there will be someone that gets nuked by it and they -will- find it unfair

The last comment that I saw was someone in Exotic gear getting a single line for a 24k Gunflame in their log. Maruader gear and durability runes. But if you were the only person out there then Gunflame would be the second line in the log. So that person had no self awareness of their surroundings and would have been fodder for any gank build. They also wouldn't have been on a warclaw to go into downstate at 1 shot, so even more newb behavior. And then there is the stat disparity between exotic versus ascended.

Honestly the WvW forums have been making me facepalm lately. We have threads about how you can't kill a cele build while also having builds about how getting "1 shot" isn't fair. Dudes, you can't build to counter everything and if you QQ until the spike builds are nerfed then everyone will run Cele and never die. Someone has to lose for us all to have fun. It happens.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

14 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

The last comment that I saw was someone in Exotic gear getting a single line for a 24k Gunflame in their log. Maruader gear and durability runes. But if you were the only person out there then Gunflame would be the second line in the log. So that person had no self awareness of their surroundings and would have been fodder for any gank build. They also wouldn't have been on a warclaw to go into downstate at 1 shot, so even more newb behavior. And then there is the stat disparity between exotic versus ascended.

Honestly the WvW forums have been making me facepalm lately. We have threads about how you can't kill a cele build while also having builds about how getting "1 shot" isn't fair. Dudes, you can't build to counter everything and if you QQ until the spike builds are nerfed then everyone will run Cele and never die. Someone has to lose for us all to have fun. It happens.

Wvw just has higher percent of people with delusion of competence. Spending allot of time in the safety bubble of the zerg gives too much confidence that they know the game and then they get roamed and cry OP even though WvW is based on Macro level where the builds effect the whole group not some guy ganking walk of shame zerglings.