The ruptured Heart meta in Desolation...

Shakki.3219

so why is every event scaling to infinity but on this one u can max spike like 2 times with a group and its over... this makes this achievement so icnredibly dumb while other events liek serpents ire scale beyond everything...

i wish u would scale it abit so peopel can do at least 5-10 spikes

I'm not opposed to changing it; the events leading up to spiking do scale in a way that makes them take a while & the spiking part is over in seconds.

On the other hand, the requirement is vaguely consistent with the AB meta achievement: Saving the City of Gold requires 100 victories. (Easy enough for those who like the loot; tedious as all heck for those who don't care that much about it.) Similarly, Realm-Portal Spiker requires 100 spikes, but at least it's theoretically possible to complete it with only 50 or fewer attempts.

I don't like either achievement particularly; I just don't think it's all that unusual for GW2 to include a couple of chieves this annoying.

@Shakki.3219 said:so why is every event scaling to infinity but on this one u can max spike like 2 times with a group and its over... this makes this achievement so icnredibly kitten while other events liek serpents ire scale beyond everything...

Ire scales? Really?Because I've seen that thing only passable with 40+ players and beyond impossible with 35 or less.While there's "group events" that yes I can see scales as I've soloed a few before but... Ire...

@Shakki.3219 said:so why is every event scaling to infinity but on this one u can max spike like 2 times with a group and its over... this makes this achievement so icnredibly kitten while other events liek serpents ire scale beyond everything...

I've almost completed the 100 spikes, @90 right now, during this time I've experienced a few strange occasions when I was able to spike the same portal 5 times despite having a lot of players around me also spiking, I remember thinking it must have scaled up so high that the portal now had more health and so required more spikes from the players, however this has only happened twice in over 40 events, so I'm still unsure how or why it happened, but my point is it can happen, it just seems to be some very rare occurance, perhaps even a bug.

OK, I've done this meta six or seven times now and I wholeheartedly concur with the OP.

I've gotten four spikes out of those tries. It moves so fast that by the time that I can get to a residue, to the barrel and back to the portal, it's over.

This is going to be a long slog. I don't mind valuable achievements taking time and effort, but this is really pushing it.

Ugh.

Archived