1. 1. How long should links last for?

• less than a month
    • 1 month
    • 2 month
    • 3 month
    • 4 month
    • 5 month
    • 6 month or more

Didn't vote, as I can't wait for links to be replaced with WR or even the old system, as links originally made things too zerg, but as the base learned how it worked in short fashion were then able to use it to ruin it's original intent of attempting to balance matchups somewhat. It has now been a placeholder system that people have complained about for longer than the original system.

35 minutes ago, Dinas Dragonbane.2978 said:

Didn't vote, as I can't wait for links to be replaced with WR or even the old system.

Since they didn't use the retire server method that was traditional in the past, I don't see them returning to single sever as standalones unless they find something else that draws mass population in. Which ironically there might be a path for that instance. WvW players say they are not in it for the loot, which I would agree with since some of us are still here regardless of loot or reasons to win. But that doesn't mean others are not. We see more activity when we have both XP weeks and things for people to chase (Leggo gear). So Adding in more reward with higher gains and more things to chase could create a larger player interest that could populate servers and allow for single server instances. But the flip side is the WR system allows for that and for both population increases and decreases so why go the single server route when the new system could handle both. Hence my doubts about rolling back to single servers versus the new servers/shards that will be created under the WR system. Normal side note: server side peep replying personally.

38 minutes ago, Dinas Dragonbane.2978 said:

I mostly fear WR will reduce the amount of matches in order to make it look like it's working and creating more activity than we currently have now. I am very wary on what the results of WR will be after it begins and becomes the norm(after player behavior has adjusted to it).

I don't think they have a reason to reduce the amount of matches. WR is probably going to have people come back to the game to try it, so it would be a bad move to drop to 3 tiers instead of 4 for NA, especially given the population is heavy NA prime time, you don't want to go back to 4 map queue days of old.

And I'm sure they will run multiple betas as they get closer to completion to make sure things are running well, so that gives them plenty of time to gauge returning players before it even becomes final. Just because alliances will get it's first test in the summer, doesn't mean it's close to completing, it could be another year of betas, so people won't be excited to return just yet.

Maybe even next weeks new rewards will give something for players to return to play for tickets again.

13 hours ago, Dinas Dragonbane.2978 said:

I mostly fear WR will reduce the amount of matches in order to make it look like it's working and creating more activity than we currently have now. I am very wary on what the results of WR will be after it begins and becomes the norm(after player behavior has adjusted to it).

This is literally what people have loudly demanded for years under the current system - and one of the core advantages of the world restructure system, more dynamic tiers.

So how that can be a fear I have no idea.

Links should last forever. People should be able to choose where they want to be without drastic changes. Full servers should be marked full, and not have open servers linked with them.

Edited by Riba.3271
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Riba.3271 said:

Links should last forever. People should be able to choose where they want to be without drastic changes. Full servers should be marked full, and not have open servers linked with them.

At the moment, the server system is not working as it should. Closing will only make things worse. Just as in real life, in gaming, progress is about change, not stagnation. Current servers have outlived their time. Server pride is gone since the relinking system. The new matching system gives players the opportunity to choose a new wvw guild every two months without having to pay for a server change. I understand that this is what dominant guild leaders fear the most.

Edited by TheIceman.1039