is the yellow aoe indicator for caster really necessary?

felix.2386

i mean..it just adds more visual cluster right?...

the red ones that's on the enemy is needed, but the yellow one of the caster?

this is for vindi jump btw.

i really enjoy the impact animation effect as the one executing it, but it's all covered by yellow aoe indications..

Edited by felix.2386
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, felix.2386 said:

you literally gave 0 reasoning, it is needed because yes. ok.

What do you mean I gave 0 reasoning?

You understand that it's needed for the enemy ("the red ones that's on the enemy is needed") and I literally wrote this: "The yellow one for caster is as needed as the red one for the enemy. So... yes.". This IS the reasoning. In other words: why do you think it's needed for the enemy? The reason for the existance of yellow marker is the same. It's just aimed at the user instead of the opponent.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Sobx.1758 said:

What do you mean I gave 0 reasoning?

You understand that it's needed for the enemy ("the red ones that's on the enemy is needed") and I literally wrote this: "The yellow one for caster is as needed as the red one for the enemy. So... yes.". This IS the reasoning. In other words: why do you think it's needed for the enemy? The reason for the existance of yellow marker is the same. It's just aimed at the user instead of the opponent.

by this logic, every single aoe should have a yellow aoe indicator when casting. because the red indicator is to indicate an aoe is dropping.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

8 minutes ago, felix.2386 said:

by this logic, every single aoe should have a yellow aoe indicator when casting. because the red indicator is to indicate an aoe is dropping.

No, because every single aoe doesn't hide your character and this particular aoe casts around that character now you can't see 🤦‍♂️

Edited by Sobx.1758
*casts
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

Just now, Sobx.1758 said:

No, because every single aoe doesn't hide your character and this particular aoe chasts around that character now you can't see 🤦‍♂️

that would make sense when the jump was long when it was introduced, but not anymore.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

5 minutes ago, felix.2386 said:

that would make sense when the jump was long when it was introduced, but not anymore.

It still makes sense since both user and the targets can move, while each of the traited dodge has different areas. I get it, you don't like obvious facts being pointed out (which is why as usually you instantly revert into completely baseless and irrelevant "lOw GoLd" remarks), but it is what it is. If you think you should be able to hide these viasuals, go make a QoL proposal about it, but that doesn't change the rather clear purpose those markers serve.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

7 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

It still makes sense since both user and the targets can move, while each of the traited dodge has different areas. I get it, you don't like obvious facts being pointed out, but it is what it is. If you think you should be able to hide these viasuals, go make a QoL proposal about it, but that doesn't change the rather clear purpose those markers serve.

no, in fact, any single standing reason is enough, as the prime reason why i posted is only for aesthetic reasons anyway and if the visual cluster is for nothing.

as long as there's understandable reasoning behind it and no matter if it benefits me personally or not.

I just can't cope with the fact that there's a visual cluster if it's for nothing.

which is why the post is a question and not a complaint.

Edited by felix.2386
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, felix.2386 said:

no, in fact, any single standing reason is enough

So I explained you what the reason is, guess it should be enough. It's not "for aestethic reasons", what's "for aesthetic reasons" is skill animation itself, not the marker of the zone you'll deal damage in, when you can't see your character and the skill is cast directly around that character you can't see. Not sure what's so hard to understand for you, please be more specific what else you need explained here.

4 minutes ago, felix.2386 said:

I just can't cope with the fact that there's a visual cluster if it's for nothing.

Never had an issue with that (in this case), considering it's a rather distinctive marker and you know exactly when you're causing it to appear as a user of the skill/dodge.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

There should definitely a circle for the player to aim, for enemies to see & for allies to see, if it has some support-aspect.

But the circle should be way less visible. Maybe some 80% faded version, but you could still see theres a bit yellow.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

yea, after i played some strike missions with it, the yellow dodge indicator actually gets confusing with other pve boss aoe indicator that are also yellow/orange. that share very similar color

if it just needed something to show where the player is, definitely doesn't need a big yellow aoe circle with a pulsing animation in it.

Edited by felix.2386
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

I also dislike this new friendly aoe circles. A dot would be just fine, allthough it bothers me the least on Vindi dodge. They are also incosistent. We got them on Spectre, Vindi, Ele dagger lightning 5 maybe some more. Why? No clue. Its not like we have a ton non ground targeted aoe or cleave abilities and we always did just fine. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1