Engi rifle in 2023...

Zzik.5873

I tried to make peace with it... but I cant, I hate what theyve down to engi rifle.

-No self cc on skill 4 is just lame, it was a fun gimmick haded a bit of skill ceiling and could be use as some kind of dodge isssh. But the worst for me is now, its tasteless, becore it as personnality and felt unique, now is just the same excate skill as the ranger bow skill 4 wich I always felt was lame.

-The auto 2x just feel weird, I dislike it so much. The 3x burst was way better in feeling and look. I rather have the old hipshot than this weird 2x scuff animation. Mechanically the added explosion is nice that said.

-The skill 5... just why..? The new animation is fine, but I rather have the original, against felt more unique and had more personnality, now its ridiculous. As I said its fine, but the original was better.

My wish is for anet to rework the sad rifle we have nowday. It as lost all its charm and personality, I dont like it compare to what it use to be... I cant stand using it, its the worst engi weapon for me in term of gameplay, I hate it. I use to love the engi eifle before anet start butchering... So yeah...

PS: Im not talking about number those are fine, Im talking about feel and visual/animation.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 8

Skill #1: i loved the tripple shot too, but the double shot feels weird.

Skill #4: i like not beeing self CCed, waited long for that update.

Skill #5: it feels that the new jump is more fluid, but the animation is awkward.

But at all the rifle is much more better than before the rework.

• Thanks 6
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, mov.1246 said:

Skill #1: i loved the tripple shot too, but the double shot feels weird.

Skill #4: i like not beeing self CCed, waited long for that update.

Skill #5: it feels that the new jump is more fluid, but the animation is awkward.

But at all the rifle is much more better than before the rework.

But you could stab for the skill 4 to not get self cc, its give us a great skill ceilling and option, sometime it was usefull to move your character. But I respect your opinion even if its different. The minimum I wish for is to get the skill one 3x burst back.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Makuragee.3058 said:

-No self cc on skill 4 is just lame, it was a fun gimmick haded a bit of skill ceiling and could be use as some kind of dodge isssh. But the worst for me is now, its tasteless, becore it as personnality and felt unique, now is just the same excate skill as the ranger bow skill 4 wich I always felt was lame.

Self stun was unneeded and annoying, glad it's gone.

-The auto 2x just feel weird, I dislike it so much. The 3x burst was way better in feeling and look. I rather have the old hipshot than this weird 2x scuff animation. Mechanically the added explosion is nice that said.

The 3xburst minigun on aa was an abomination and I was suprised (negatively) it was in the game in the first place, again: glad it's gone.

-The skill 5... just why..? The new animation is fine, but I rather have the original, against felt more unique and had more personnality, now its ridiculous. As I said its fine, but the original was better.

No preference here, I'm k with either.

I dont like it compare to what it use to be...

And I do like it when compared to what it used to be.

I cant stand using it, its the worst engi weapon for me in term of gameplay, I hate it. I use to love the engi eifle before anet start butchering... So yeah...

And I'm still using it, so I guess I just can't agree.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

7 hours ago, Bigbizz.9406 said:

I definitely agree that the old rifle had charm. It felt like you were playing a class that wasn't at proficient at fighting when compared to warrior rifle. The current rifle just feels like warrior.

maybe make the thing a proper shot gun.  buff the damage on autoattack but nerf the range by a bit.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

13 hours ago, Makuragee.3058 said:

But you could stab for the skill 4 to not get self cc, its give us a great skill ceilling and option, sometime it was usefull to move your character. But I respect your opinion even if its different. The minimum I wish for is to get the skill one 3x burst back.

There is indeed times you need to nudge your character back just a tiny bit and normal running won't suffice, it also gave the peculiar ability to trigger our own on stun mechanics like the smoke bomb.

as for the rifle, I don't think it should have a 3x burst but rather a single shot with 3x spread, maybe even make it really slow but really powerful up close.

yea, problem is that they are not making any new animations for EoD at all, it's all just reused animations and sped up etc.

so a lot of skills just look weird, has nothing to do with the new functions of the weapon tho.

it's just the animation doesn't look good, look at the dragonspike mine for Bladesworn, it's supposed to be a 600 range movement animation that just shortened to like 180 something. and it looks weird AF.

i wish they could have actually made new animations that go with the new function of skills.

Edited by felix.2386
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

While comical, I'm 200000% ok with self CC on rifle 4 being gone

Whatever they did last patch to rifle (I want to say heavy after cast added?) kind of killed it. Honestly can't tell if quickness is up or not sometimes with how rifle is now. 

• Confused 1

Rifle rework was just disgusting. Its a prime example how to kitten up nice things.

Somehow something has lost in translation of damage output, because Power rifle is nowhere near the output of Pistol condi dmg. Arent they should be about the same?

p.s. I truly hoped they will fix rifle this patch 😞

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

22 hours ago, Gendalfs.7521 said:

Rifle rework was just disgusting. Its a prime example how to kitten up nice things.

I agree, the original rifle was one of the reasons I've spent 1,500 hours on engi. When stability was up, the launch+jumpshot combo was so insanely satisfying that it was the most iconic GW2 weapon experience for me still to this day. I honestly havent been able to use the 'new rife' as it just feels like a cheap knockoff of the original.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

On 6/8/2023 at 8:26 AM, Makuragee.3058 said:

-No self cc on skill 4 is just lame, it was a fun gimmick

While it was fun, Core Engineers stability acces got nerfed, when the elit specs were overperforming. The only good stability option I can think of at the moment is Toss Elixir B at the moment. Having stability pop on Engineer, before they start their combo added an another early tell/telegraph, to (what feels like) power Core Engineers only decent damaging combo coming, so experienced players could avoid the whole deal. Apart from that, no other weapon punishes its own user to this extent in the game. It was an outdated idea in this age.
Saying this, if they ever wanted to return this "the power of your weapon knocks you back" fantasy, it should be either self CC, so we can prevent it with stability, or a cancellable animation. Otherwise it would kill the Rifle combo.

The auto 2x just feel weird, I dislike it so much.

Two autos feel worse than both one, or three round burst. Just turn it back to its original one fire mode, and give it back its original damage in competitive modes.

-The skill 5... just why..? The new animation is fine,

I dislike the animation, but I like how much more fluid the gameplay feels with it now. I see this as a necessary evil.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, Echostorm.9143 said:

The Rifle is fine how it is, kitten they're already screwing up scrapper enough stop putting horrible ideas in their heads

After they fix the bugged auto.  The last change to 2 hits instead of 3 was stated as not intended to be a dps nerf but there is an aftercast animation that makes it worse than it should be.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Jerus.4350 said:

After they fix the bugged auto.  The last change to 2 hits instead of 3 was stated as not intended to be a dps nerf but there is an aftercast animation that makes it worse than it should be.

Just bring us the 3x burst animation at least and Ill stop comlaining about rifle.  XD

• Confused 3