Which mech is mine?

Monchichi.9301

I had hoped the hide other people's effects option might make it clearer. But I still found myself standing next to the wrong mech during a meta and had trouble figuring out where mine was. They all look exactly the same. 

Is there any way an indicator arrow/light/glow could be put on them that would only be visible to their owner? Maybe this could change color if we are too far away? I think that would make the issue of needing to keep it close much clearer. Otherwise, I expect I'll be wondering why my mech's cooldowns are longer for quite a while before I realize I'm standing next to the wrong mech.  

I've tried using personal target, but for some reason that falls off.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

With the up-coming cooldown nerfs coming on the June 27th patch, your question highlights a pretty big issue actually.

(for those who don't know, they intend on increasing the CD duration on your Mech skills if you're more than 600 distance away)

Standing next to the wrong Mech is going to feel awful.

We definitely need some more customization options for Mech to easily tell which is which, or if not for anything else, not to look silly in your outfit next to your drastically miss-matched Mech!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

19 hours ago, Monchichi.9301 said:

I had hoped the hide other people's effects option might make it clearer. But I still found myself standing next to the wrong mech during a meta and had trouble figuring out where mine was. They all look exactly the same. 

Is there any way an indicator arrow/light/glow could be put on them that would only be visible to their owner? Maybe this could change color if we are too far away? I think that would make the issue of needing to keep it close much clearer. Otherwise, I expect I'll be wondering why my mech's cooldowns are longer for quite a while before I realize I'm standing next to the wrong mech.  

I've tried using personal target, but for some reason that falls off.

Good point! I've had that happen as well. 

The fact that anyone who plays the game for 3.2 seconds can see the obvious issue with all mechs looking the exact same says to me this is one of those things by the devs done just to troll players and yes, there are examples of other stuff that was surely done just to annoy players.

If they weren't seeking out to troll then they'd have made the mechs dyeable. Even if by some chance they truly had no clue it'd be an issue before adding them to the game, the fact nothing has changed in over a year shows they simply don't care and enjoy the annoyance of this for mech users.

11 hours ago, loregnum.3619 said:

The fact that anyone who plays the game for 3.2 seconds can see the obvious issue with all mechs looking the exact same says to me this is one of those things by the devs done just to troll players and yes, there are examples of other stuff that was surely done just to annoy players.

If they weren't seeking out to troll then they'd have made the mechs dyeable. Even if by some chance they truly had no clue it'd be an issue before adding them to the game, the fact nothing has changed in over a year shows they simply don't care and enjoy the annoyance of this for mech users.

Or they just did it because they didn't really care or didn't want to devote resources to a customization tab outside of the trait lines. Because lets face it; you have to really be bad at the game to fail as a mechanist and because of that is the reason 2 out of every 5 people in a given location is a Mechanist. Mechanist also can live using their spec kit and be fully viable, unlike what they are now doing to scrapper. The only current downside is they think this range thing is the problem with mechanist which clearly shows the complete disconnect they have.

When it comes to support, the most desirable support is firebrand for quick and mechanist for alacrity and between they two they both cover most of the smaller things in between such as barriers and aegis.

Never mind that mechanist and necromancers are currently need to have something about the afk farmers that idle in Iban, iron marches, Kourna and several other locations. You seem them stacked in several locations everywhere, and they are rampant in Kourna in the Inquest tunnels. And they are so brazen you see people with legendaries equipped just bot farming.

Edited by Ravenwulfe.5360

On 6/13/2023 at 11:12 AM, Kiro Kobra.6478 said:

With the up-coming cooldown nerfs coming on the June 27th patch, your question highlights a pretty big issue actually.

(for those who don't know, they intend on increasing the CD duration on your Mech skills if you're more than 600 distance away)

Standing next to the wrong Mech is going to feel awful.

We definitely need some more customization options for Mech to easily tell which is which, or if not for anything else, not to look silly in your outfit next to your drastically miss-matched Mech!

This nailed half the problem in one. The bigger issue goes back to the initial change instituting the "Mechanical Genius" game mechanic in the first place. But the fact that they think the problem is a penalty visibility issue shows how profoundly they do not understand this problem which leads to continuing to try to implement wrong solutions. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 6/20/2023 at 9:32 PM, SoftPup.3048 said:

Mine is Juvenile Brown Bear. Maximum confusion.

I named mine after one of the Cylons. When they start allowing skins for the Mech I am absolutely going for one that will make my mech look like a human/norn/asura/sylvari (No Charr, just can't quite like that design). 

• Like 1