Scrapper won't really be able to apply quickness outside of combat after the update

WipZedKay.5316

5 hours ago, Endaris.1452 said:

This would be just the same thing - trying to balance a boon that powerful across the cooldown of 20 or more individual skills is always going to be impossible. Either people will just avoid taking any boon duration whatsoever by just opting into the lowest cooldown options (because gear stats are stronger than any utility skill), causing those to get nerfed in the name of "not locking people into the same skills" yet again, hurting core engi. Or you will just be unable to produce any build that is competitive with the likes of firebrand and others - so basically like now, just worse.

There is no real difference between having quickness on toolbelts or finishers. Both aren't scrapper mechanics and both will always affect every other engi as well if they get touched to balance scrapper.

I just went through all the Toolbelt Skills. 

- Surprise Shot: 8-sec.

- Launch Personal Battering Ram: 12-sec.

- Throw Wrench: 17-sec.

All of those are low DPS options, the rest of the toolbelt skills are 20-sec or higher CD.

As I see your post this is an "on paper" vs the practical reality.

I would also note that we have some new weapons we will be getting access to soon, like for example sword, this might pair well with healscrapper changes, right not it might feel janky, due to us not having all the "new" weapons currently. Im starting to think anet has planned ahead with new changes, it just feels bad right now as we dont really have ALL the things yet. These changes arent permanent, so i think people giving feed back is a good thing. 

1 hour ago, shaz.8572 said:

I would also note that we have some new weapons we will be getting access to soon, like for example sword, this might pair well with healscrapper changes, right not it might feel janky, due to us not having all the "new" weapons currently. Im starting to think anet has planned ahead with new changes, it just feels bad right now as we dont really have ALL the things yet. These changes arent permanent, so i think people giving feed back is a good thing. 

except sword is balanced around your heat level to make it effective.   So how's that going to work?