Druid Changes Were Very Bad For Competitive - Let Them Know About It

Trevor Boyer.6524

21 hours ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Burn damage output in competitive deals no where near the amount of damage that stating for bleeding does. Not even close.

I tested out roaming on my druid most of the morning.. the loss of ancient seeds means it's very hard to defend ourselves. This is forcing a celestial druid style of play and the power/condi-heal version can't benefit at all from the changes. I personally run condi-heal, previously only running about 12.60% condition duration in order to keep seeds effective, with the new setup my gear is obsolete. The conditions don't last long enough in CA to have much value except for the chill which is easily interrupted. Can't kite enemies anymore.

The fix I had to give a tiny bit of breathing room was using immob from signet of the wild. Added to this, the permanent increased duration on entangle means that it's really only good for one fight. If it misses (which it's highly telegraphed, can be walked out of if the targets moving, sometimes doesn't hit targets for no reason due to terrain), you're just left with a long cooldown and again can't create that breathing room for druid to be successful.

EDIT: Oh, forgot to mention - I went from being able to reliably apply 20-30 stacks of bleed on a locked down target to now averaging ~12.

Edited by Strider.7849
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Strider.7849 said:

I tested out roaming on my druid most of the morning.. the loss of ancient seeds means it's very hard to defend ourselves. This is forcing a celestial druid style of play and the power/condi-heal version can't benefit at all from the changes. I personally run condi-heal, previously only running about 12.60% condition duration in order to keep seeds effective, with the new setup my gear is obsolete. The conditions don't last long enough in CA to have much value except for the chill which is easily interrupted. Can't kite enemies anymore.

The fix I had to give a tiny bit of breathing room was using immob from signet of the wild. Added to this, the permanent increased duration on entangle means that it's really only good for one fight. If it misses (which it's highly telegraphed, can be walked out of if the targets moving, sometimes doesn't hit targets for no reason due to terrain), you're just left with a long cooldown and again can't create that breathing room for druid to be successful.

EDIT: Oh, forgot to mention - I went from being able to reliably apply 20-30 stacks of bleed on a locked down target to now averaging ~12.

I called all of this out before the patch if you were to click the link in the OP post of this thread.

And all people did in this Ranger subforum was click laugh & confused emojis on my warning.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• Trevor Boyer.6524 changed the title to Druid Changes Were Very Bad For Competitive - Let Them Know About It
21 minutes ago, Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

Wait...ancient seeds is getting replaced?

It has been replaced. Good riddance in my opinion... if anet devs could actually deliver a fun change which everybody can enjoy. 

They just made ranger a chore to play. I am sure other classes as well as i hear necro has gotten demolish. I guess we don't fall in the dev's favorite classes namely guard, engie or thief. 

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, anduriell.6280 said:

It has been replaced. Good riddance in my opinion... if anet devs could actually deliver a fun change which everybody can enjoy. 

They just made ranger a chore to play. I am sure other classes as well as i hear necro has gotten demolish. I guess we don't fall in the dev's favorite classes namely guard, engie or thief. 

Hmmmm that was my DPS druids bread and butter lol. What was it replaced with? I didnt see that change

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

I called all of this out before the patch if you were to click the link in the OP post of this thread.

And all people did in this Ranger subforum was click laugh & confused emojis on my warning.

Dude stop being a baby and try out more builds. Mh sword hits for 6k on both 2 &3. Its kittening busted dude. sword/warhorn new meta

Edited by WhoWantsAHug.3186
  • Confused 6

6 minutes ago, WhoWantsAHug.3186 said:

Dude stop being a baby and try out more builds. Mh sword hits for 6k on both 2 &3. Its kittening busted dude. sword/warhorn new meta

This thread is about the Druid specialization, CA Kit, and associated traits.

This thread is not about the performance of 1-hand sword.

Edited by Trevor Boyer.6524
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

For roamers, the changes make Druid less effective.

With ancient seeds (AS) you could immob your opponent 900+ range away. This was very effective when approaching your target and also when chasing your target, especially with highly mobile professions. 

The daze on blood moon has a radius of 300, which is not comparable, as you not only have to use CA, but be very close to your target. The 1 bleed stack does not really compare to the bleed from AS. CA can be used offensively but also as a disengage, and that is the problem, if you need to use it in your approach, you now lack a quick disengage. 

Eclipse is also underwhelming. 

My suggestion would be to change blood moon to an on hit immob (1-2 sec), devoid of range, with a CD of 10 seconds. And/or increase the number of bleed stacks, or give the immob with a flat 10% condition duration increase. 

CA 5 should no longer root a player for 2.5 seconds, but they should be able to move whilst using it. 

Maybe Eclipse should buff staff with conditions rather than CA. 

Just some thoughts. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arrow Blade of El Elyon.9341 said:

For roamers, the changes make Druid less effective.

With ancient seeds (AS) you could immob your opponent 900+ range away. This was very effective when approaching your target and also when chasing your target, especially with highly mobile professions. 

The daze on blood moon has a radius of 300, which is not comparable, as you not only have to use CA, but be very close to your target. The 1 bleed stack does not really compare to the bleed from AS. CA can be used offensively but also as a disengage, and that is the problem, if you need to use it in your approach, you now lack a quick disengage. 

Eclipse is also underwhelming. 

My suggestion would be to change blood moon to an on hit immob (1-2 sec), devoid of range, with a CD of 10 seconds. And/or increase the number of bleed stacks, or give the immob with a flat 10% condition duration increase. 

CA 5 should no longer root a player for 2.5 seconds, but they should be able to move whilst using it. 

Maybe Eclipse should buff staff with conditions rather than CA. 

Just some thoughts. 

CA #4 and #5 straight up need to be turned in 1/2s animation wells that can be laid down rather than channeled, so the Druid can actually counterplay while those skills are being used, instead of being a sitting duck during the channels, which often leads to having to cancel those channels to be able to counterplay and not die from death bursts. That would be a significant kind of mechanical upgrade that Druid needs.

Edited by Trevor Boyer.6524
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

CA #4 and #5 straight up need to be turned in 1/2s animation wells that can be laid down rather than channeled, so the Druid can actually counterplay while those skills are being used, instead of being a sitting duck during the channels, which often leads to having to cancel those channels to be able to counterplay and not die from death bursts. That would be a significant kind of mechanical upgrade that Druid needs.

That would be an interesting change for Tides, then you could blast the water field from Tides with Lunar Impact. Obviously number adjustments are required. It would have to heal much less to be balanced. I'd rather have lunar Impact be instant cast, so you could pop while channeling Tides, increase the animation time of Lunar Impact ofc so enemies can react. 

Keep convergence as is because a well with that much impact would be way too OP. Convergence can be CD reduced by 66% with skirmishing and its already on a really low CD + Avatar form is on a 20 sec CD or less. It's just way too strong if not on a channel. Deleting the stationary mechanic is a healthy change to move while channeling. 

Natural Convergence should pulse AoE Stab to allies. This would be a solid yet balanced buff IMO. It's all it really needs to shine. 

• Like 1