Heal Scrapper/qScrapper quickness boon is boosted now in pve

Noah Salazar.5430

you stack it up to 22-30s atm compare to 12s before xD

as qheal scrapper main, i love new change as quickness is 4s->6s  yet +3% concetration more from power conversion (10%->13%)

f5 is now aoe swifness

And it's much easier to apply might

huge buff this patch

Edited by Noah Salazar.5430
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 2

• Noah Salazar.5430 changed the title to Scrapper quickness is boosted now in pve

And we can only get these now if we blast fields.... or jump around... so basically for builds where we use to get this instantly with super speed... we now have to burn skills we have few of to try to get a boon....  

I had 6 distinct instant sources of super speed before.

Yeah can't see this as anything other than a PvP nerf, except if you do a gank stealth build

Edited by shion.2084
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

In PvE at 50% BD you can upkeep quickness by using rocket charge and throw mine off cooldown, without alac. Non hammer builds might need to devote another utility slot to relevant finisher and/or get some extra boon duration, but overall I'm ok with this. I wanted to keep function gyro as a revive, and my engi is not legendaried out so didn't play around to see how much duration was needed using function gyro for quick. I also rule of thumb my quickness uptime as "if I can keep it 100% without alac in ideal conditions I can probably manage in an actual fight."

• Like 1

• Noah Salazar.5430 changed the title to Heal Scrapper quickness boon is boosted now in pve
1 hour ago, shion.2084 said:

And we can only get these now if we blast fields.... or jump around... so basically for builds where we use to get this instantly with super speed... we now have to burn skills we have few of to try to get a boon....  

Any Field, you just need blast or leap

Even water field work from medic gyro or f skill from shred gyro

The only think changed is insted of granades you bring throw mine (12s cd)

In pve you can aoe 100% quicknes as full berserker scrapper with this :

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PejAIJlRwgYbsGWJOuLvtWA-zRIYRUwXG1mAVUA2ONUYGAA-e

( boon doration went up from 17% to 23%)

i tested it on raid golem with alacrity (PVE)

• Like 1

Dude ya, I gotta say they hit the quickness duration on the money. 

Even for qdps scrap if you wanted to take a 3rd gyro for little more support (vs pure dps or pure heals) eg) using purge/shred/blast. You can still hit 100% uptime like old build (with hammer, alac and ~35-37 BD). Purge actually isnt too bad w/toolbelt being off cd so can lay it down if hear orbital firing up.

Game play is a little awkward but that's prob on me, need to prioritize a little different now. I never cared for mine + hammer due to flow, but cd reduction makes it fit in a little better seemingly so far and there's plenty of other options to explore/use.

I think they nailed this one, managed to open up ton more options while keeping previous intact. 

Edited by foxtrot.6902
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Noah Salazar.5430 said:

Any Field, you just need blast or leap

Even water field work from medic gyro or f skill from shred gyro

The only think changed is insted of granades you bring throw mine (12s cd)

In pve you can aoe 100% quicknes as full berserker scrapper with this :

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PejAIJlRwgYbsGWJOuLvtWA-zRIYRUwXG1mAVUA2ONUYGAA-e

( boon doration went up from 17% to 23%)

i tested it on raid golem with alacrity (PVE)

No. Never replace grenades. Just hammer and mine are enough. 25%bd or something like that needed. Mortar elite provides tons of fields aswell.

Edit apparantly it overstacks now with full berserker and those skills. no bd needed.

Edited by Nephalem.8921

1 hour ago, foxtrot.6902 said:

Dude ya, I gotta say they hit the quickness duration on the money. 

Even for qdps scrap if you wanted to take a 3rd gyro for little more support (vs pure dps or pure heals) eg) using purge/shred/blast. You can still hit 100% uptime like old build (with hammer, alac and ~35-37 BD). Purge actually isnt too bad w/toolbelt being off cd so can lay it down if hear orbital firing up.

Game play is a little awkward but that's prob on me, need to prioritize a little different now. I never cared for mine + hammer due to flow, but cd reduction makes it fit in a little better seemingly so far and there's plenty of other options to explore/use.

I think they nailed this one, managed to open up ton more options while keeping previous intact. 

Yep, it's even better now

Not mentioning, flame blast, and posible condi quickness build

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Roadkizzle.2157 said:

Hm. I wonder how good a Flamethrower Quickness Scrapper will be. 

It works really well. I used Flamethrower, hammer, Heal Turret, blast gyro and Mine. With Juggernaut, had perma fury, perma stability, perma 25 might, and perma-quickness. Low effort. 3 diviner pieces and they probably weren't needed. Did try a pistol/shield condi build along with flamethrower but it seemed a lot more janky, due to having to switch into mortar for extra fields. Hammer 5>3 is just too effective.

Honestly though, the whole thing feels off. We've swapped burning gyros off cooldown, for burning other skills off cooldown. A change was made but the effect is much the same.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, wolfyrik.2017 said:

It works really well. I used Flamethrower, hammer, Heal Turret, blast gyro and Mine. With Juggernaut, had perma fury, perma stability, perma 25 might, and perma-quickness. Low effort. 3 diviner pieces and they probably weren't needed. Did try a pistol/shield condi build along with flamethrower but it seemed a lot more janky, due to having to switch into mortar for extra fields. Hammer 5>3 is just too effective.

Honestly though, the whole thing feels off. We've swapped burning gyros off cooldown, for burning other skills off cooldown. A change was made but the effect is much the same.

I wasn't just wondering how well it can maintain Quickness.

I'm wondering how it would fit in a group. If it can provide enough healing and boons or DPS to justify taking a slot over another Quickness provider.

25 minutes ago, Roadkizzle.2157 said:

I wasn't just wondering how well it can maintain Quickness.

I'm wondering how it would fit in a group. If it can provide enough healing and boons or DPS to justify taking a slot over another Quickness provider.

FT on hScrapper is a good pick, provides a long firefield to get blasts in for quick and might.  FT makes quickness super easy on it but not at all necessary.  hScrapper has 2 free slots that can be used to provide additional boon coverage, CC, or other utility and FT, Blast Gyro, Thumper turret, Bulwark Gyro, Throw Mine, and Rifle Turret are all utilities I see myself using there.  HScrapper is looking solid and competitive with other options.

For DPS qScrapper, FT is terrible for power, basically every alternative will be better DPS.  But, condi qScrapper is a thing now and that is powered by FT.  DPS qScrapper is looking like a solid pick, just don’t do FT on Power, it’s bad.

• Like 2

i rly like new way of apply quickness, it feels now more rewarding for knowing your field managment, and quickness last twice as much, so you can take more magi gear on healer, the only think i lack yet is fury application outside of runes of pack

On qheal scrapper you got might combo, wher you using acid bomb+magnetic shield while blast gyro

infusion bomb you can blast in cleasing field, and elite mortar kit, provids you with fields you need, as you using acid field+blast to aply aoe weaknes for mobs in fractals anyway, or flash shell to blind them

evrythink got it's purpouse now

Even on qdps, you can use blasts/leaps while your medic gyro to aoe heal team, and you got huge cc arsenal (throw mine, blast gyro, supply crate)

Not mentioning  you will get sword and mace in next dlc that got stun (3 on mace) and leap (2 on mace) or (2 on sword)

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

• Noah Salazar.5430 changed the title to Heal Scrapper/qScrapper quickness boon is boosted now in pve
19 minutes ago, loregnum.3619 said:

Feels clunky to me from a solo play point of view. I couldn't care less if there is "more" quickness to be had if it feels clunky and not fun to play. Loved scrapper before but the spec right now is sadly dead to me. 

This.

Very true.

• Like 1