New Unstable Bladestorm

troy.3257

On 7/7/2023 at 9:20 AM, Roadkizzle.2157 said:

It just takes a bit of practice.

To drop it on stationary non player objects? I dont even think it does enough damage to count as a tag on players in wvw.  I stopped using it all together. 

My auto attack is better. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jitters.9401 said:

To drop it on stationary non player objects? I dont even think it does enough damage to count as a tag on players in wvw.  I stopped using it all together. 

Again.

You're reemphasizing the exact reason my first question in this thread was asking if people are referring to PVP modes or PVE. Even though people just laughed at the question.

Because the storm does 350% more damage in PVE than it does in PVP or WVW.

They're very different skills in PVE and PVP. I don't play PVP so I didn't want to get involved in an discussion about it's use in PVP. 

In PVE as I said the storm does 350% more damage and you can more easily keep targets in its area so I have loved its use and find it much more fun for me as a PVE player... But I'm not about to try to say anything about it's use in PVP.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

I liked these updates for mirage during beta.   I still won’t use it on virt.   Even after the expansion release, I doubt dagger will get any use as it’s still useless compared to everything.   It has no utility function, just dmg.   That alone makes it a hard pass.   Dagger just needs a cripple or slow added  and it might be good.   In competitive, people won’t and don’t stand still making most of the dps a complete loss, it’s complete trash in these modes.   The rotations required and range limitations for Mesmer that anet even further nerfed last patch do not help.   If anything you only have to kite to avoid all of its dmg.   It’s lacking in every way possible.   On mirage however, dagger did feel good and has possibilities.

• Thanks 1

On 7/10/2023 at 1:18 PM, Jitters.9401 said:

You stopped using a fire and forget skill with abrely any cast time... Right.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

22 minutes ago, zealex.9410 said:

Well they were talking about PVP. Where the skill does only a fraction of the damage it does in PVE and players don't stand still to remain in the storm AOE. So it may not be worth the button press and work aiming.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, zealex.9410 said:

Lol

I only wvw.  Unlike your pve targets  my targets are constantly rolling, charging,  teleporting... PLUS my auto attack does better damage. 

Why would I use a skill that sits in one spot and barely hits anything with its almost non existent damage? 

I wouldn't. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 7/11/2023 at 7:06 AM, dead.7638 said:

I liked these updates for mirage during beta.   I still won’t use it on virt.   Even after the expansion release, I doubt dagger will get any use as it’s still useless compared to everything.   It has no utility function, just dmg.   That alone makes it a hard pass.   Dagger just needs a cripple or slow added  and it might be good.   In competitive, people won’t and don’t stand still making most of the dps a complete loss, it’s complete trash in these modes.   The rotations required and range limitations for Mesmer that anet even further nerfed last patch do not help.   If anything you only have to kite to avoid all of its dmg.   It’s lacking in every way possible.   On mirage however, dagger did feel good and has possibilities.

Isn't the main reason people are complaining here is becouse it's moving away from simple damage and into ground targeted aoe which definitely has more utility in application. 

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Confused 4

22 hours ago, Roadkizzle.2157 said:

Well they were talking about PVP. Where the skill does only a fraction of the damage it does in PVE and players don't stand still to remain in the storm AOE. So it may not be worth the button press and work aiming.

1: its a fire and forget in pvp too, and 2: the skill moved before as well which i reckon meant ppl didnt remain in its aoe back then either. At least now you can drop it on point and it will stay there. Is it a complete upgrade? Nah, but i have to scratch my head when someone tells me they dont even press the skill.

18 hours ago, Jitters.9401 said:

Lol

I only wvw.  Unlike your pve targets  my targets are constantly rolling, charging,  teleporting... PLUS my auto attack does better damage. 

Why would I use a skill that sits in one spot and barely hits anything with its almost non existent damage? 

I wouldn't. 

Thats cool and all but all that applied to the old skill as well (i reckon staying within the aoe was even worse back then since it would move). As for why use it because it has a very small cast time and its a fire and forget skill which you will interupt your aa for a tiny fraction to use, hell dagger aa doesnt even have a tight timing like other weapon autos.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, zealex.9410 said:

1: its a fire and forget in pvp too, and 2: the skill moved before as well which i reckon meant ppl didnt remain in its aoe back then either. At least now you can drop it on point and it will stay there. Is it a complete upgrade? Nah, but i have to scratch my head when someone tells me they dont even press the skill.

It is a fire and forget. I think most every ability is.

It did move slowly so it only hit a target once.

But each hit did more damage so it didn't matter that enemies didn't stay in the AOE.

But the damage in PVP was slashed with the change so it doesn't work as well with the limited number of hits.

Plus because it's ground targeted now instead of an auto target you have to work more for less in PVP.

I love it in PVE and it works great there but it doesn't seem to work well in PVP.

1 minute ago, Roadkizzle.2157 said:

It is a fire and forget. I think most every ability is.

It did move slowly so it only hit a target once.

But each hit did more damage so it didn't matter that enemies didn't stay in the AOE.

But the damage in PVP was slashed with the change so it doesn't work as well with the limited number of hits.

Plus because it's ground targeted now instead of an auto target you have to work more for less in PVP.

I love it in PVE and it works great there but it doesn't seem to work well in PVP.

Theres more considerations to some of the other skills and many other skills have a way longer cast time too. I dont see the struggle with the new itteration in terms of usability however, its the same thing as using any ground target, the old version required aiming to get the best value and the new version requires your cursor to be where you want it.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Leonidrex.5649 said:

I just want to take this moment and say, that I am impressed by the fact they managed to took weapon that legit does absolutely kittening nothing, and made it worse.
🤣

Yet when dagger becomes available to all Mesmers it will probably be the meta choice for Chrono's instead of the sword. At least in PVE.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 7/14/2023 at 5:55 PM, zealex.9410 said:

aoe was even worse back then since it would move)

And when a group of enemies was moving towards you, you could "fire and forget " then retreat as it tagged as many people as possible.  It was far better moving than not. 

You are arguing by a stationary pve point of view. It isn't a valid argument in wvw. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 7/17/2023 at 8:25 PM, Jitters.9401 said:

And when a group of enemies was moving towards you, you could "fire and forget " then retreat as it tagged as many people as possible.  It was far better moving than not. 

You are arguing by a stationary pve point of view. It isn't a valid argument in wvw. 

It would move through them and at moat get like a tick at each player, stationary or not it doesnt hit less, it just does less dmg now.

• Like 1

On 6/28/2023 at 2:33 PM, Roadkizzle.2157 said:

It's not about meta stacking.

It'll give more hits on your target if you place it decently regardless of your build.

... Missing the point.

Its that this is fine if you play that way, it is a huge loss to people who do not & would rather a defensive then just another random dps tick. 

• Like 1