Arc divider has a windup that gives people a whole half second to dodge.

Called it.

I wasn't the only one, many others did as well. The two warriors that love the change are missing the entire forest to see one tree. As a Mirage, with all my dodges back now, I will never be hit by the current Arc Divider unless something goes terribly wrong.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

There is too much windup. The old one you were pretty much guaranteed to get one of the three, if not two of the hits in. The windup on this is going to cause it to get dodged by anyone smart once they get used to the timing.

Also I want to point out that the original version, at HoT release had 450 range. This version is a nerf overall to the release version. What they did was take the release version, averaged the above and below 50% HP damage and took the mid range of the prior version, while adding an extra 0.25s cast. So, yeah this is a nerfed version of the HoT release Arc Divider.

Either bring the range back to 450, or reduce the cast to 1/2s, but certainly not both. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

Old arc divider was 9000times better  the tripple hit was awesome in teamfights and the animation was so satisfaying. Bullsrush into teamfight pop berserk and go arc divider BOOOM!Quintuple kill... RIP Fun berserker:( 

The new one is boring slow depressing and makes you look like a spellbreaker. 

The change doesn't make any sense or improve anything. Will the new arc divider be a gamechanger in At? Nope. Is the new arc divider better in pvp? Nope it doesn't matter in pvp, the scene is so dead you can play naked and still hit p1 or p2

Edited by Shinichi Megure.8061
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 6/28/2023 at 10:00 AM, Myror.7521 said:

@Waffles.5632 I think i do not want to be a bader copy of reaper sir ^^

Literally at this point 9 out of 10 warriors agree, Orange Slice is bad for your health. You are the 1 out of 10 that thinks Orange Slice is good and you're everywhere bro please stop tagging me with this nonsense. It's low effort bait. I get that YOU PREFER Orange Slice, but you ignore actual facts on why it is bad in today's PvP meta, and if we are talking about PvE there is an overwhelming amount of evidence as to why Orange Slice straight up fails in that game mode.

Is Anet paying for you to die on this hill? Because they should with how much effort you're putting in! You need to demand a fair wage! Don't let them bully you like they did to Arc Divider!

• Like 3

@Waffles.5632 the thing is it is NOT Bad in the todays PvP meta. Everyone that says something else is just straight up wrong.

I mean i can not say that (in its current state) its bad for PvE but this is cause its just too hard nerfed and a simple buff though it would do what it needs.

I mean even Drazeh a well known esl Player (when esl was a Thing) Said it is the better Version of it in PvP. Also why you think im playing it rn in ranked Games ..... cause its Bad? I don't think so.

• Confused 1

We just went over this... For every warrior that finds Orange Slice good, there are 9 others that find it bad. Players are actually considering quitting the game over this change. But you keep focusing on that single tree while the rest of the forest is on fire. Like I said, ignorance is bliss!

Make a poll asking if people prefer Orange Slice or Arc Divider. Maybe that will open your eyes. Actually I'll do it.

Edited by Waffles.5632
  • Like 1

one thing they made it more similar to arcing slice and if u didn't know greatsword trait wasn't changed so that can mean they want to actually rework greatsword for warrior (maybe)

also @Waffles.5632most of these players were playing it to meme on ppl or they just wanted to kick kitten in pve... We can see that they had problems making it viable outside of pve  AND it's not like they can change it in the future to 1/2 sec ver (which would be nice ngl)

3 minutes ago, Waffles.5632 said:

We just went over this... For every warrior that finds Orange Slice good, there are 9 others that find it bad. Players are actually considering quitting the game over this change. But you keep focusing on that single tree while the rest of the forest is on fire. Like I said, ignorance is bliss!

Make a poll asking if people prefer Orange Slice or Arc Divider. Maybe that will open your eyes. Actually I'll do it.

Right? this man is working hard to make arc divider look good.

Arc divider is now a arcing slice 0,5

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Waffles.5632 said:

9 of 10 are PvE players, that's why. They're upset about their roleplay getting harshed.

Honestly guys even from an artistic point of view it looks better now. The old one looked quite good on initial burst when you have quickness procced, but non-quickness divider looked downright goofy.

1 minute ago, ProverbsofHell.2307 said:

9 of 10 are PvE players, that's why. They're upset about their roleplay getting harshed.

Honestly guys even from an artistic point of view it looks better now. The old one looked quite good on initial burst when you have quickness procced, but non-quickness divider looked downright goofy.

I'm a WVW and i don't like new arc divider (orange slice).

bad change and is not for "roleplay " reasons.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 6/28/2023 at 10:42 AM, ProverbsofHell.2307 said:

My thread is up. So far 8 warriors voted Arc Divider, 0 have voted for Orange Slice. Feel free to make your vote and your case there.

9 minutes ago, ProverbsofHell.2307 said:

😒 

So uh

How much did Anet pay you 

Are they hiring?

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, ProverbsofHell.2307 said:

And I'd add there's likely more PvE players than PvP players overall.

As for your artistic point of view, I bet you like modern art as well.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, GamerToad.9248 said:

Berserker:Can i arc divider?

Anet:Yes but only once

Berserker:*orange slice and get blinded, dodged or aegis*

Anet: That's it you kitten up.

It's this.

To be honest playing warrior in this game feels like trying to play a DnD campaign with a DM that really just wants you to appreciate their world building and doesn't actually want you to win any encounters, so every time you succeed they script an event that breaks your usable things out of contempt.

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 2