I don't think I've ever felt more uninspired to play a game right after an expansion announcement than now.

I don't understand the hubris of the devs to add more variables to balance when they haven't demonstrated an ability to balance the current available builds. literally saying they know they broke a build but aren't going to deal with it for a month.  Half of my characters currently are bugged and not playable yeah I'm going to spend money on this expansion /s lol

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 2

I agree. Nothing promising for the future. Just killing older content. I'm happy a new legendary armor will come for those who don't pvp, wvw & raid but will it kill the raid scene, I'm afraid it will become like dungeons. No proper capabilities have shown Anet is able to balance thier game and now you are bringing those weapons into the mix. 

Not buying preorder or anything else till there is more information. Sad too see this game go like this.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 4

I'm honestly terrified. We're approaching FFXIV levels of "appeal to those with the cognitive capabilities of a potato so we can squeeze more money out of a once beloved game." EOD specs are homogenized with boonspam, mainly with quickness and alacrity (seriously Anet remove these boons IMMEDIATELY) which make them look and play the exact same way since their gameplay is boiled down to giving yourself every boon and face rolling the enemy.

As for the new legendary armor, you can literally have the most botched build in open world and still function just fine in the vast majority of content. I'm fine with adding a new way of getting leggys but why did they not choose fractals? It's the only part of the whole entire game that demands ascendeds or better due to the Agony mechanic and it's also how you get Ad Infinitum.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, gkoogz.3089 said:

The announcement trailer was such a wet fart. It showed nothing. SO low effort.

Gee if only they wrote a bunch of articles on their website telling you what you'd get. That would have been amazing...oh wait.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

11 hours ago, Vayne.8563 said:

My wife and I preordered the expansion immediately. PvE legendary armor that doesn't require raids (which I told people had to be coming), checking out the castle, more weapon choices for all my characters, new masteries for the skyscale, A couple of new strikes, with challenge modes (which I likely won't do but you never know). 

It was a no brainer for us.

Same.  I like the premise, I'm intrigued to see how to obtain the new legendary armory, and I look forward to playing.  I know I'll play it, so why not pre-order.  

• Like 3

I can't await the new skyscale mastery and free usage of so far elite weapons (e.g. staff-rifle thief and sword/sword-longbow guard, or herold with shortbow, ...) at once, I already enjoy my 29. shared inv slot, the rest we will see 🙂

Edited by Dayra.7405
  • Like 2

Not wrong at all.

I came back because of its announcement. Go to check to see how my class is doing & to see if the balance team is doing any better. I stopped playing last June bc of the bad balance team & constant nerfs to Mesmer. 

Exactly one year later its even worse then last time, with a new team.

The player base keeps giving the solution: Have people who play the classes balance them. Or force it to be played to do so.

Instead they announce something to draw attention to kicking players in the teeth & punishing their base with poor execution. 

We all know they have zero marketing skills, but this is effectively negative marketing skills lol. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

17 hours ago, Vayne.8563 said:

My wife and I preordered the expansion immediately. PvE legendary armor that doesn't require raids (which I told people had to be coming), checking out the castle, more weapon choices for all my characters, new masteries for the skyscale, A couple of new strikes, with challenge modes (which I likely won't do but you never know). 

It was a no brainer for us.

Saame, bought the ultimate version in a heartbeat. I don't care about no specs, easy skyscale and whatnot. Love the game and I have no problem supporting it once a year with "larger" sum of money. 

Also Wizard's Court? Right into my cup of tea, really looking forward to this.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

17 hours ago, Arnox.5128 said:

I think a lot of people in this thread are being really overly negative. A lot of these combat changes alone look really neat.

But I ALSO think that them ONCE AGAIN ignoring PvP and guilds is getting really old. Hell even if we just had an announcement that they would do something about these two at a later date, I would be perfectly assuaged, but we don't even get that. The best we got is the WvW restructuring, which I GUESS is cool and it was needed for WvW, but I definitely think sPvP and a guild overhaul should've taken precedence.

sPvP will never see dev time because the best case scenario in that situation is that people are exposed to a side of Anet's culture, which they don't want people to be aware of. sPvP is a containment zone for dirty laundry and that is why they leave it to rot.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I immediately pre-ordered the expansion as soon I saw the notes,Staff warrior ❤️ Gunslinger Guardian ❤️

I always wondered what that tower floating was holding now I get a chance to see it.

About skyscale I farmed it quite a bit until I got it now it's free xD at least a shorter way to get with removing the end grinding part and it would have been in order but at least now many new players will be hooked in for sure!

Some Tengu and a new Mage class would be nice to be honest. A proper mage I mean not illusionist and elementalist.

Let's see what the future holds

• Confused 2

for me I am just seen it as way they are trying to hide a sub by making price front end loaded, so not really getting a expansion but they just calling it that as adding a sub will make everyone mad but this way they get around lot that anger as its optional but mandatory , and really highlights it more as meant to be expac every year. and at £65 for the ultimate / 12 =  £5.3r per a month, ovs massively cheaper go for normal ver. £2 mouth (UK pricing) 
Expansion not really going have a lot in it but will by end next year. so TBH you wont feel as hyped that they not really hyping it up  and no 12-6 month hype build up like EOD and POF.

I am hyped but more hyped for next year when everything's been added and also interested in seeing the strange new front loaded sub direction XD

• Like 1

I've no enthusiasm for a fourth expansion, not when EoD was so disappointing and we're leaving so much of Cantha unexplored. And that's not even getting into what they've announced so far. Axe for Theif.  Kitten it all to hell, Anet is Kittening dedicated to only giving Theives weapons antithetical to their archetype. Throw me a bone just the once with an off hand sword already, I've been waiting a decade! Don't much like double maces on Rangers either but I'll take it over a firearm, least they mostly stay with their  archetype.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2