The best solution for Arc Divider

Lonecap.4105

Skill-split the skill between PvE and competitive modes (both PvP and WvW). Revert the skill to its' previous version for PvE, including damage and triple spin.

Then for competitive, do either a combination of two of the following:

1. Increase the base damage but not the coefficient, by 20%.
  2. Increase the radius to 460 units
  3. Add 8 seconds of Fury
  4. Reduce the cast time to 0.6 down from 0.8
  • Like 5
  • Confused 2

The best? 1/2 cast time, a single swing animation, 3x hits, keep the 3x expanding fire ring.

the entire skill still requires 1.8 seconds to fully execute but only has 1/2 cast time.

like DH longbow 5, cast time is short, but the animation keeps going.

it's like delayed hits.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

@Lan Deathrider.5910 i mean the old Version was more noob friendly for sure ^^. But aside this I would not mind them (only if the new Version will stay ) the best we could hope for is this:

1. Cast time reduced to 0,5 Seconds

2. Skill does now 2.0 power scaling in PvP/WvW

3. Skill does now 3.0 Power scaling in PvE

4. Gain some fury when skill hits peops (maybe 16 Seconds since this is what a Full Adrenaline Arcing Slice does)

This would make this Skill more rewarding to use over all. But also its easier to acutually hit peops with it. 

Edited by Myror.7521
  • Confused 1

30 minutes ago, Myror.7521 said:

@Lan Deathrider.5910 i mean the old Version was more noob friendly for sure ^^. But aside this I would not mind them (only if the new Version will stay ) the best we could hope for is this:

There is a great deal of versatility in the previous version that you are running rough shod over with that kind of statement. Versatility that the current version does not have. Versatility is something that warrior needs more of, not less and is one of the sticking points that many veterans of all game modes will point out as one of the primary issues holding warrior back from the rest of the roster.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Myror.7521 said:

This would make this Skill more rewarding to use over all. But also its easier to acutually hit peops with it. 

I thought the current change was to make AD easier to land, or specifically harder to dodge. Why would they need to make it even harder to dodge and easier to land as a skill-shot ability?

• Haha 1

@Lan Deathrider.5910 I get that it was just better cause AoE skills are Always the better thing especialy when it get multiple hits^^. How ever it just makes warr unique at the Point that it relies on Bursty skills and not just pulsing or multiple hit ones. But yea it also makes the class overall Hmmm less good or letz say less broken? Idk how to say it in english but think u allready get what i mean

Edited by Myror.7521

15 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

There are competitive mode players that want the previous version back you know.

I have to respectfully disagree with competitive players who prefer the longer cast time and multistrikes. Arc is a burst skill, it's not what you should be using to just clear aegis or blinds. It's also not a 1v1 skill, it's pure DPS teamfight - it's a cleave. The old iteration was far too slow and weak to justify the cast time, it was essentially a 5 target auto attack in a big radius. It was so terrible in-fact, it was barely functioning as a teamfight cleave, because it was too easy to avoid even when you're not focusing a particular target. It's now far easier to land in a teamfight (although as noted in another topic that I made, it isn't in a perfect state even still, and needs more). 

Its' function as a teamfight cleave, has been improved by the change.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 5

Can we delete all arc divider posts ? You can not simply question our infallible balance team, they know what they are doing! They have worked on these changes for many months and also had 1 month of player feedback before launching this update and still decided not to change anything. Deal with it nerds

"Oh, there'll be some amazing salt. I can't wait."

• Haha 2
  • Confused 5

2 hours ago, ProverbsofHell.2307 said:

I have to respectfully disagree with competitive players who prefer the longer cast time and multistrikes. Arc is a burst skill, it's not what you should be using to just clear aegis or blinds. It's also not a 1v1 skill, it's pure DPS teamfight - it's a cleave. The old iteration was far too slow and weak to justify the cast time, it was essentially a 5 target auto attack in a big radius. It was so terrible in-fact, it was barely functioning as a teamfight cleave, because it was too easy to avoid even when you're not focusing a particular target. It's now far easier to land in a teamfight (although as noted in another topic that I made, it isn't in a perfect state even still, and needs more). 

Its' function as a teamfight cleave, has been improved by the change.

I have to disagree. I've ended too many 1v1s with the old Arc and I've downed many enemies in team fights to agree with this sentiment. With quickness and might the old Arc was perfect.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MikeOck.7461 said:

Can we delete all arc divider posts ? You can not simply question our infallible balance team, they know what they are doing! They have worked on these changes for many months and also had 1 month of player feedback before launching this update and still decided not to change anything. Deal with it nerds

truuuuuuuuuuu

• Haha 1

Idk if anyone’s brought this up, but the base damage is just calculated off the multiplier. The multiplier is literally all there is. Base damage is just a number the game provides on the tooltip so players can better understand what their output will be.

Edited by oscuro.9720
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, oscuro.9720 said:

Idk if anyone’s brought this up, but the base damage is just calculated off the multiplier. The multiplier is literally all there is. Base damage is just a number the game provides on the tooltip so players can better understand what their output will be.

Huh. I thought they were separate things - I specified the base damage and not coefficient because I assumed that would give a more relative damage increase to less glassy builds. But I guess I’ve had a complete misunderstanding of how it works if what you’re saying is true.

5 hours ago, ProverbsofHell.2307 said:

Huh. I thought they were separate things - I specified the base damage and not coefficient because I assumed that would give a more relative damage increase to less glassy builds. But I guess I’ve had a complete misunderstanding of how it works if what you’re saying is true.

Yea, the base damage is just the calculation done using an assumed base level of power. The only variables in the damage calc are multiplier and your characters power I believe. Everything else are constants.

I used to think of it exactly the same way you do because it makes logical sense and is displayed in a way that suggests it. 

Due to my 3 day forum ban I decided to test the new Arc Divider in a lot of different situation in pve.

- I miss the feeling of being a warrior.
- especially against several opponents it has become difficult to play alone
- Due to this change, the healing skill with 33% heal for the damage is also no longer very useful, only if the enemy does not move and you have 100 baldes ready

- The hammer then came when I wanted to join strike missions. Before it started I was already kicked with the reason that warrior is not good enough for it.

I have also looked at the new benchmarks. In the benchmark we lost about 10% dmg. But as soon as a target moves, as it is the case with every boss, I guess this is about 30%+.
Also the animation is just crap. It was so satisfying before and now it just makes me angry and sad.
I really haven't found any situation in which the new variant is helpful and useful (PvP and WvW I can't speak). If would also not help to increase the damage and or the range a bit.

Do you want to make the warrior more mobile with the GS, why do you take away the only skill that had already accomplished this task? Better take 100B once in focus, reduce cast time and make us movable during it.

Just give us back the old Arc Divider, it's a win win situation. We are happy with you, so the management is automatically happy with you also.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1