Are daily login rewards going away?

Just now, Gardavil.1762 said:

How can that be if a player can't get their character to the region that the expansion takes place in? I understood the Wizard's Vault is a place... not a window in the game. Perhaps I misunderstood.

They have said that you dont even need to own SotO to get WV rewards. So, although you wont be able to get to the "physical" location in game you will be able to access the reward UI and claim your rewards that way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

Just now, Ashen.2907 said:

They have said that you dont even need to own SotO to get WV rewards. So, although you wont be able to get to the "physical" location in game you will be able to access the reward UI and claim your rewards that way.

Thank you Ashen for correcting my misunderstanding.

29 minutes ago, Gardavil.1762 said:

How can that be if a player can't get their character to the region that the expansion takes place in? I understood the Wizard's Vault is a place... not a window in the game. Perhaps I misunderstood.

The Black Lion Trading Company is also a physical location in the game - they have an office in Lion's Arch, but you can use both the Trading Post and the Gem Store without ever visiting them. I suspect the Wizard's Vault will be similar, you'll be able to go there to see some of the rewards in the world (maybe the new griffon) and to get a different way of interacting with the system but you can do everything you need to do through the menu.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Tony.8659 said:

What about the laurels? Will  we still be receiving them as we usually do? 

Gold, Laurels, Mystic Clovers, and Mystic Coins can all be purchased in the Wizard's Vault for completing your daily objectives. Daily achievement points will still be available as well, you'll earn them by completing your Wizard's Vault daily objectives.

Logging in gets you 5 astral acclaim; no info yet on how much acclaim you need for the various items. The other items that you can get from just logging in (luck, materials, tomes, booster, exotic chest, black lion goods, chest of loyalty) haven't been mentioned yet.

• Like 2

There are many days where I'm too busy to do anything BUT login and collect my daily reward.... taking that away from us in exchange for a currency that has to be earned through objectives is not a good idea.

if this info had been made available months ago, i probably would not have prepurchased the expac and would have sat it out to see if ANet changed their mind

Edited by Gaspodin.9207
cuh
  • Like 3
  • Confused 4

17 minutes ago, Gaspodin.9207 said:

There are many days where I'm too busy to do anything BUT login and collect my daily reward.... taking that away from us in exchange for a currency that has to be earned through objectives is not a good idea.

if this info had been made available months ago, i probably would not have prepurchased the expac and would have sat it out to see if ANet changed their mind

We will have to wait and see what we can get for those 5 AA we get just for login in. Maybe it will have similar value to old login in reward system. If you lets say pick golds/mystic coins/laurels.

Playing ESO I see in ANet changes, putting the same daily system but without the login rewards.

In GW2 it's the primary source of T6 and Legendary components without going insane grinding like doing a 2nd bad job. There is also another things which makes me really angry this time is the spend your "lvl 80 gift" if you want to do dailies. If you (ANet) want players to squander the booster then remove it. At least it will be honest. If the removal of T6 source and leg comps is confirmed, I'm also throwing over any legendary creation.

• Confused 8

11 hours ago, Draknil.1860 said:

I am grateful for this change as it freed up a lot of my disk space with one less game I need to worry about logging into each day for its reward.  

Thank you ANet, you did me a great solid.

Same here. I havent been playing for quite some time but I keep logging in every day to get the reward on the off chance that one day I might be back-. With this change I can finally put GW2 behind me and uninstall, so I welcome this change.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

Same for me. I tried to login daily over the last few years, first to not miss out any of the living story stuff, the login rewards were an ice bonus etc. I even spent gems on increasing inventory space to store everything in case I some time get the expansions and start playing again (given enough spare time etc.). But not this way. I religiously do daily and weekly tasks in ESO (plus grabbing login rewards), because they're also simple and I typically don't have to go out of my way to get them done within like 5-10 mins. I certainly won't do the same with a second game and in this case GW2 clearly loses for me, mostly because of the annoying inventory management/upgrade system.

• Confused 2

It's sad to see a game I loved so much become this greedy, it's clear they wanna boost the market again by taking away the log in rewards but it just makes me sad, they don't release good fun content anymore all the writing of the last expansion and LW were bad and the story was awful, it's sad but I doubt this game will last much longer

• Confused 2

Aww.  I am a bit disappointed that the daily login reward is not happening anymore.  I had this thing where I logged in each day (one account only) and when I collected 47 experience books (so that took a while, of course, because they are not the reward every day) I purchased a new character slot and started a new character. OCD much?  So, I have 21 characters and I guess there will not be any more.  I sort of looked forward to logging in each day and getting the little box of goodies... and I  did not do it for the gold.  All the goodies are still in my bank.  I do not get that much play time so starting my new characters and playing them happily for an hour here and there, without stress of competitive higher level areas, was a fun unwinding.  

Not just that but I spent a fortune customising my characters.

I had a lot of investment, for a pensioner, in Guild Wars!  Ah well, nothing lasts forever.  It was fun while it lasted and I played the way I liked for a long time.  New worlds to conquer now!

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

On 8/19/2023 at 10:09 AM, Gaspodin.9207 said:

This 100% ... I just bought the deluxe version of the expac... and I feel like Anet has taken my 'pension' away as a long time player... (I pre-ordered this game in 2007 and have been playing since pre-release!!)  Even for players who do the daily achieves, these changes are bad. For players like most of us who don't do them, these changes are horrible.

If Heroic Edition accounts were that much of an issue, then their logins should have been nerfed, not everyone else's.

ANET LOGIC: "Hey no one want to do our Daily Achievements, what should we do? Make the content more fun? Nah, let's just punish players for not doing them."

I will be strongly recommending my friends to not buy any expacs, especially the new one, until Anet fixes the mess they've made here. Until then I'll to get used to not having Tomes of Knowledge, Laurels, Mystic Clovers, etc, because I'm sure as hell not doing Daily Achievements for something I used to get for free.

Edit: I've actually never felt a stronger reason to play BDO instead of gw2! BDO might be grindy, but for log in rewards you get gold and makeovers and outfits and all kinds of stuff. GW2 cannot compete with that now.

Edited by Ankhi.7162
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1