Forced to use Boost ??

On 7/1/2023 at 11:40 PM, Sumen.5402 said:

So i just pre ordered the new xpac . and got the boost . and extra shared inventory slot . however i dont get to use that shared inventory slot until i use the boost . im not allowed to put the boost in my bank .. why ?? its like your forcing use to use the boost .. smh i dont understand 😞

Yeah it's my general complaint with the level 80 boosts that come with the expansions, because I agree with you wholeheartedly.

If there is a valid reason for it, I can't think of it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Endilbiach.4132 said:

Yeah it's my general complaint with the level 80 boosts that come with the expansions, because I agree with you wholeheartedly.

If there is a valid reason for it, I can't think of it.

less work for support due to deleted boosts.+

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

I have kept 2 level 80 boosters in my shared inventory slots over the course of my play time. I have never used it. I only used 1 recently with a new character slot. I plan on using it again to reroll my necro.

Basically if you haven't used it you probably aren't going to. So just use it. Just do it and get it outta the way ans save your tomes for spirit shards or something.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

22 hours ago, HonesltlyX.7164 said:

I have kept 2 level 80 boosters in my shared inventory slots over the course of my play time. I have never used it. I only used 1 recently with a new character slot. I plan on using it again to reroll my necro.

Basically if you haven't used it you probably aren't going to. So just use it. Just do it and get it outta the way ans save your tomes for spirit shards or something.

That's what I should have done with the one that came with EoD. It's been sitting in there since I got the expansion because I kept thinking about making another character and couldn't decide if I actually wanted to do it or not. I should have just used it and then if/when I did decide to make the character used scrolls or tomes to level them.

But most of my other shared inventory slots are full of stuff I put in there to remind myself to use and then never do, so it's not a big difference for me.

I think I'm going to set myself a 'challenge' to sort out all the junk that's been accumulating on my account before SotO comes out. Stuff in shared slots I never actually use, all the things overflowing my 'stuff to use up' bank tab, stray items in invisible bags I'm not sure what they're for, stuff like that. (Maybe that will give me the push I need to sort out the junk in my living room as well, which is even more annoying.)

• Haha 1

This would annoy me if I was new bc a) it would likely be my only shared slot and b) I hate the idea of skipping the leveling/learning process, particularly for new ppls . . .

But for everyone else and just since I read through the thread and no one has mentioned it yet, if you don't want to level a new toon you can use the boost on an existing eighty just to get it out of the way. You still get all the same gear and everything, if you care about that part . . .

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1