stop buffing the world bosses!! - nerf them back

9 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

What world boss other then tripple trouble do you have trouble filling?

Usually Tequatl the Sunless, and Great Wurm tends to fail a lot in my timezones..  AU time zones.

Sometimes Mega destroyer and Admiral Taidha Covington no one appears.

Edited by Dante.1508
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Dante.1508 said:

Usually Tequatl the Sunless, and Great Wurm tends to fail a lot in my timezones..  AU time zones.

But peope have been saying for years that the pacific got plenty of people enough to fill 3 server cluster for wvw even.

So how do you have trouble with 1 starter boss, lvl 40 and 60 area world boss that you need 25 people for?

Might you be on a overflow map?

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Dante.1508 said:

You should make sure you are on a map that’s doing the meta. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Dante.1508 said:

There's a filled server on every time zone. You need to check the IP and make sure you are not in an overflow server. Join tag on non overflow server.

Or else get your own tag and ping your IP on LFG. If you are not sure how to, you can ask on the map chat or forums.

I'm playing from Singapore here so we're close in time zones. 

Edited by xellink.7568
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Balsa.3951 said:

that ice guy in wayfarer foothills.

no discussion here that guy needs a hp nerf

So you have killed the Svanir shaman in wayfarer foothills in 5 min after the buff and he needs a nerf?

How quick do you want it to go or did you miss read the poster you quoted?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

So you have killed the Svanir shaman in wayfarer foothills in 5 min after the buff and he needs a nerf?

How quick do you want it to go or did you miss read the poster you quoted?

longer than 5 minutes. question was if any need longer than 5. and that shaman is no fun to fight or u find him challenging ? hes a copy of ryland DS and constant goes invunable because leaves the area.

if u think more hp means harder than happy for u.

rewards vs time also suck

Edited by Balsa.3951
  • Like 4
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

I think the point is not necessarily that the fight is too hard or takes too long but that it's...just kind of boring.

I did the (new) Svanir Shaman for the first time today and...it's just whatever. You're just walking your way around hazards, attacking it while avoiding chill and the Ryland spin and...that's it.

There's basically nothing that makes you go "wow", no distinct mechanics like shatterer flight or crystals, the 50% phasing is thoroughly unimpressive, there's simply nothing that makes the fight feel a second less long than it is which is just a snooze when there are no mechanics you really have to look out for like the Karka Queen rolling you to death or old jungle wyrm going for his huge knockback.

Sure, the old fight wasn't any more interesting but it also didn't make you feel the passing of time like that. And yeah, it took about 4min to kill it. On its own that's not too long but please give us some more interactiveness with well telegraphed punishment and not just "i'm chilled or not chilled while hitting this brick". Inquest Golem Mark II for instance can easily take 4min as well but at least it can kill you with the electro zones or give you fat knockbacks with its hands. It's actually engaging and in comparison that Svanir Shaman doesn't hit the mark at all.

No comment on the others, have yet to try them.

Edited by Endaris.1452
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

I think the rework was "fine", however it is true that they buffed their HP bar by like x5 times what it was. So nerfing it 20% wouldnt harm anyone, would be harder than before, but not so long. Now they are just HP sponges, that have even way more hp than bosses in expansions. 

I said that they neeeded to nerf/not increse so much the HP of those bosses since they "reworked them".

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

On 7/2/2023 at 1:32 AM, Efar.8153 said:

They take a lot of time to kill - therefore we miss the next bosses.

Maybe instead of talking about buffing or nerfing bosses so they are easily/harder to clear, how about making a choice. How about understanding if boss X takes too long you will not make it to fight boss Y, then how about you fight X today and Y tomorrow. You do not have to clear every boss each time it comes around on the schedule. Maybe that is the real problem with GW2, everything can be scheduled by looking at /wiki et and then being in the zone 5-10m before it starts instead of having to invest time to prep the zone to participate in the fight.

That creates problems like LWS2 (ToN/BfLA), Dragons Stand, those metas where people do actually have to show up at the beginning, where you need your 5-10 person groups to split up and make meta progress, where you cannot just swoop in and join the flashy end bit of a map. There are flaws, but considering some maps I can log in, move to the map to do something and find out the meta is 5m from the end so I might as well join in and then do my personal business on the map after it resets. People do not tend to do the maps where if you want to clear the entire meta you actually need to join from step #1 or 2. I personally spent 30-40 days after clearing HoT (2022) until someone in my time slot actually had a LfG entry that wasn't just "Trying to do this meta" type groups and actually had 15-25 and were in the beginning steps. Only once have I joined Dragons Stand and actually went "Oh a meta without LfG is actually going somewhere, cool!" and joined in.

8 hours ago, Endaris.1452 said:

I think the point is not necessarily that the fight is too hard or takes too long but that it's...just kind of boring.

I did the (new) Svanir Shaman for the first time today and...it's just whatever. You're just walking your way around hazards, attacking it while avoiding chill and the Ryland spin and...that's it.

There's basically nothing that makes you go "wow", no distinct mechanics like shatterer flight or crystals, the 50% phasing is thoroughly unimpressive, there's simply nothing that makes the fight feel a second less long than it is which is just a snooze when there are no mechanics you really have to look out for like the Karka Queen rolling you to death or old jungle wyrm going for his huge knockback.

Sure, the old fight wasn't any more interesting but it also didn't make you feel the passing of time like that. And yeah, it took about 4min to kill it. On its own that's not too long but please give us some more interactiveness with well telegraphed punishment and not just "i'm chilled or not chilled while hitting this brick". Inquest Golem Mark II for instance can easily take 4min as well but at least it can kill you with the electro zones or give you fat knockbacks with its hands. It's actually engaging and in comparison that Svanir Shaman doesn't hit the mark at all.

No comment on the others, have yet to try them.

This is what I have been saying, and on the old thread got downvoted to oblivion. lol.

Boss fights, especially all Dragon ones (probably except Soo-Won) are boring. How dumb could a dragon be, when we are all on it's side/behind, and it stares straight. 

I am not asking for x100 HP, x100 damage. Atleast fight people smartly. Look left, look right, fly around the area (not map, area), like actually try to kill people. Atleast make players stay on their wits.

I went to Claw of Jormag and never used dodge and I survived. lol. "World Boss". Wow, such boss, very scary, wow.

But players be like "no, I want my loot asap. If I could talk to boss, I would just ask for the loot".

Ofcourse with the changes above, loots need to be updated. 

• Thanks 2

On 7/2/2023 at 7:32 AM, Efar.8153 said:

They take a lot of time to kill - therefore we miss the next bosses.

The mechanics are simply annoying(all those ccs and stuns and knock backs), some mobs one shot ppl - the entire encounter is an annoyance/frustration roller coaster.

The rewards are no better - and we are ok with these rewards as long as the bosses are nerfed back.

Yes, boons are needed, but ppl play the classes they like, not the classes that are "needed" - isn't that the reason we play gw2? - because you can play whatever class you like, however you like, without the pressure of "doing your homework", get addons or "get gud"(whatever that means)?

At least leave the core content unchanged 😄

P.S. Today is the first day i rage quit gw2 😐 

i understand your frustration, event's, meta's, everything is all just for fun (a few times) i am nearly never doing events because its a huge time sink without any reward. same with soo won, spend 1 hour hope for a infusion but you go away with a hate feeling. same for dragonstorm, never got the aurene chest, that dungeons is pure mysery. the loot in this game has to be much better. 
and then you log into second account and they keep spamming the xpack advertisements because it has only base game, they keep trying buy i dont buy more expansion. 
also played WoW for 60 days after 7 years, but no difference. maybe thats mmorpg part, grind your whole life to get something virtual shiny.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2