New Weapon Suggestions

If you have any ideas for new weapons that you would like to see added to the game, please reply to this thread.  

A few players in our discord have mentioned adding a two-handed Great Axe to Warrior, and I'd love to see this, too. 💯

I know that there is a Devil-Rending Greataxe Hammer skin, etc, but an actual weapon with its own specs would be great!

What are your ideas? 

Edited by SteamPug.8796
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Omega.6801 said:

No.

What a useful reply that opens up so many avenues of discussion!

2 hours ago, SteamPug.8796 said:

If you have any ideas for new weapons that you would like to see added to the game, please reply to this thread.  

A few players in our discord have mentioned adding a two-handed Great Axe to Warrior, and I'd love to see this, too. 💯

I know that there is a Devil-Rending Greataxe Hammer skin, etc, but an actual weapon with its own specs would be great!

What are your ideas? 

Honestly? I've love to sear a spear/trident weapon for use on land. I almost never place cosmetics on my spears because I don't do much water combat. Plus, some of the staff cosmetics look like spears.

Maybe throwing javelins? Hmm...

I still want a proper unarmed class. Maybe fist weapons for Elementalist and Mesmer.

Not a new weapon, but I'd love for Necromancers to be able to off-hand pistols, so I could go full gun as a Harbinger.

Maybe crossbows? Kind of weird that we have guns and blunderbusses, but no crossbows.

• Like 5

Polearms were a weapontype at some stage of development. They were pulled and replaced with shortbow.

The prevailing theory is that shortbow offered some decent changeup in ranged play and helped better define/distinguish the medium armor classes.

Whereas polearms really didn't add anything to the game that wasn't already provided by the staff/hammer/greatsword trifecta (plus also longbow). The big-damage-cleave, big-CC-cleave, and support niches were strong, and trying to carve out a fourth niche was just going to blur and dilute the weapons more than at added.

I don't really think that has changed. Most animations for spear or greataxe wouldn't add much that doesn't already exist on those weapons (in addition to axe). And as far as things like bleeding vs. power vs. CC go, those niches are also pretty solidly defined.

New weapons at this point would start to pull the game into purely aesthetic options. Maybe that is the direction the game is heading after SotO, but it's not the sort of game I care to play.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I'm actually not surprised to see negative responses. I kind of figured that I'd get some push back from at least one narcissist with a know it all complex. I did search the forum first, and I still posted because there hasn't been much talk about this in recent times, and some people may actually want to discuss this for the sake of theory crafting. But, hey, you do you. Stifle the dialog because you think that you know everything, even though other people may want to share some creative license. That's cool, man. Enjoy your day. The rest of us are free to carry on a dialog on the matter with or without your approval.  Have a nice day! 🙂

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

I know it's not completely new. But, DPS Druid (Ranger) with a 2h Spear is my current most-wanted combo. Got the DPS part! Now, just need the Spear. 

I would like if Spear was essentially "Condition Sword" on Ranger. A lunge/disengage with maybe an ammo skill for a throw. Or, maybe 1h spears and then also add 2h halberds. Polearms tend to be one of my favorite weapon type in games. 

• Confused 1

They took away the lunge/disengage mechanic from Ranger sword with the last update.   I guess for "reasons".   Probably wouldn't re-enable it on a different weapon, even if it were new.  /shrug

Edited by kharmin.7683
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

23 hours ago, kharmin.7683 said:

They took away the lunge/disengage mechanic from Ranger sword with the last update.   I guess for "reasons".   Probably wouldn't re-enable it on a different weapon, even if it were new.  /shrug

Probably because no one used it (which is more of a numbers problem, there was nothing wrong with the skill). Which is a shame because as a concept it was pretty cool, as are most of Ranger's gap closing/creating moves.

I think it's a shame honestly. Condi melee isn't a very common niche in the game. Thief dagger, Rev mace, FB axe and Zerker/Weaver sword I believe are the only examples, and even out of those Rev and FB mostly just use them for filler abilities on support and Zerker mostly camps longbow.

Edited by Batalix.2873
  • Sad 1

51 minutes ago, Batalix.2873 said:

Probably because no one used it (which is more of a numbers problem, there was nothing wrong with the skill). Which is a shame because as a concept it was pretty cool, as are most of Ranger's gap closing/creating moves.

I think it's a shame honestly. Condi melee isn't a very common niche in the game. Thief dagger, Rev mace, FB axe and Zerker/Weaver sword I believe are the only examples, and even out of those Rev and FB mostly just use them for filler abilities on support.

I used it.  😞   For me, it was a lot of fun dodging and juking around my target, leaping in and out and with the untamed build it was even more fun for me.   Now... not so much anymore.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Eloc Freidon.5692 said:

If we can come up with weapons that can't already be covered by what is already in the game, sure. Having a two handed axe for warrior would really be redundant to what is already available to them.

What 2 hander melee condi weapon do warrior have?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

48 minutes ago, Eloc Freidon.5692 said:

I'm inquiring about what weapons do we not have that isn't already covered. Not it's application in game. If you want warrior to have condition damage in your two handed weapons, play berserker*

Yes and berserkers melee condi weapons are sword/torch come again about that 2her?

So what I came up with is not already covered in the game.

• Confused 2