Weaponmaster beta event gameplay for soulbeast, firebrand, scourge, vindicator, and virtuoso

RisenHowl.2419

On 7/4/2023 at 11:56 AM, JusticeRetroHunter.7684 said:

Ideal video to show around for why weapon-master is a great addition to the game.

Always wanted to play a support soul-beast and now seems plausible with staff. 

Thank you. I'm a fan of the weaponmastery update, opens up a lot of interesting play styles.

Support soulbeast and CC rangers in general are getting really nice buffs lately, they've got a spot in the meta now for sure. 

Did you have any favorites from the beta event?

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, RisenHowl.2419 said:

Thank you. I'm a fan of the weaponmastery update, opens up a lot of interesting play styles.

Support soulbeast and CC rangers in general are getting really nice buffs lately, they've got a spot in the meta now for sure. 

Not sure about "favorites", but we did learn that sword catalyst and longbow willbender are completely broken.

6 hours ago, RisenHowl.2419 said:

I didn’t have enough time to really play anything. Just enough to log on, create characters and see how they felt on different specs. but I can feel  a lot of interesting things are possible…especially for WvW.

for ex: Staff being available on all of thief makes them possible picks for thief WvW zerg builds other than staff-daredevil…so it opens up all those possible builds and I’m really digging that.

Edited by JusticeRetroHunter.7684

17 hours ago, Burnfall.9573 said:

I think the presenter here needs to practice editing. Based on captions neither target was at 100% but the choice of overlay placement makes that hard to tell. The first video looks to be about 80% health and the second starts at 30-40 percent. The first video triggers something along the lines  9-12 skills being hit. 

One shot, as in 1, a single skill. This feels like that conversation about devastate and decimate. Though those have become more commonly accepted, they are not the same at all. But back to one shot. We did have one shot skills over the life of the game. I think I wouldn't really care about people calling out rotations if they used the word rotation. But people posting videos saying see I one shot and then they actually activated 12 skills, well that makes me say, what?

Maybe instead they should have focused on time to kill versus saying it was a one shot.

I think the weapon mastery will open some interesting options, part of what I question here is was the balance patch also part of the normal pre-expansion take something from someone to give that something to something else moves that we have seen overtime. Since we didn't see the new weapons options that were mentioned some of that functionality might be being moved to the new weapons in a varied form. Time will tell there. We did have limited time to test as well and some of the weapons were ok but not great without the trait lines that made them better or great in the spots they hold today. Still might be looking for new classes and/or elites but either way what we have coming will be as it will be since its too close now for directional change. But I think feedback after release will be key to impact anything that comes after. So good, bad or ugly, share details.