PvP Basics Changes Proposal NA (VOTE HERE)

Anaston.2840

Basic SPvP changes NA (VOTE HERE)  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Not Allow changing professions during a tournament that has already started either at intervals or during matches;

2. 2. Not Being able to repeat the same profession ONE, TWO and even THREE or more times; Put lock to not repeat the same class specialization;

3. 3. Not allow changing classes in the pre-match so as not to unbalance ranked (matchmaking); Ranked 5v5 SOLO QUEUE.

Greetings,
I've been thinking about ways to improve SPvP content by being part of the community.

During all the years that I played, I noticed some key points regarding matches and details that harm the competitive scene.

Here are some points that could be changed and are simple to solve:

These are some of the points I would like to present and propose changes today, I don't know about tomorrow. But we need to improve the things that make us feel bad as a community.

😇

Sincerely, a player passionate about SPvP💪

Edited by Anaston.2840
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1. You have to allow players to reposition their team comp before a match starts. The pros heavily outweigh the cons when allowing this.
  2. They should not however be able to swap characters/class after the match has started. This makes for a hooga-booga style dynamic mid AT. No one likes it, but sometimes we're forced to do it when others start doing it, and it becomes this redundant silliness that people would rather see disabled.
  3. If they don't care about balancing classes like Ele anymore, they absolutely need to make it so only 1 class of a type can be in any match at a time, and you cannot change a character before a match starts to double or triple or quadruple up on it. IE: Team loads in with 1 Ele, and then if anyone on that team tries to log back in as an Ele, it won't let them enter the match. This way there is always a reason & purpose to play 5 different classes. This would greatly help with the balance of modern matches.
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:
  1. You have to allow players to reposition their team comp before a match starts. The pros heavily outweigh the cons when allowing this.
  2. They should not however be able to swap characters/class after the match has started. This makes for a hooga-booga style dynamic mid AT. No one likes it, but sometimes we're forced to do it when others start doing it, and it becomes this redundant silliness that people would rather see disabled.
  3. If they don't care about balancing classes like Ele anymore, they absolutely need to make it so only 1 class of a type can be in any match at a time, and you cannot change a character before a match starts to double or triple or quadruple up on it. IE: Team loads in with 1 Ele, and then if anyone on that team tries to log back in as an Ele, it won't let them enter the match. This way there is always a reason & purpose to play 5 different classes. This would greatly help with the balance of modern matches.

Thank you so much for being proactive the SPvP community depends on people like us. Objective and who seek solutions as customers of the arenanet team. 💪❤️

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

1.) Disagree. You should be able to counterpick in between matches to bring out secret weapons, otherwise people will have time during the tournament to expect what you play. 

2.) Also Disagree, but this depends on spec balance. Ideally, the classes should be able to play multiple roles, so there should be room to have an aggressive willbender and a defensive guardian on the same team. The class stacking is often associated with overpowered comps, but it itself is not the cause for overpowered comps. Balance issues are the cause for overpowered comps. Remember, stacking thieves actively makes you weaker in most cases. If classes get exponentially more powerful the more of them you add, a look needs to be given to that specifically instead of just banning stacking.

3.) Agree. Once you're in match you should not be allowed to class swap. People use this to manipulate the types of matches they will get and then swap to what they want to play, or swap to counter a specific comp that they didn't prepare for beforehand. Both of those should be locked out. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

1.) Disagree. You should be able to counterpick in between matches to bring out secret weapons, otherwise people will have time during the tournament to expect what you play. 

2.) Also Disagree, but this depends on spec balance. Ideally, the classes should be able to play multiple roles, so there should be room to have an aggressive willbender and a defensive guardian on the same team. The class stacking is often associated with overpowered comps, but it itself is not the cause for overpowered comps. Balance issues are the cause for overpowered comps. Remember, stacking thieves actively makes you weaker in most cases. If classes get exponentially more powerful the more of them you add, a look needs to be given to that specifically instead of just banning stacking.

3.) Agree. Once you're in match you should not be allowed to class swap. People use this to manipulate the types of matches they will get and then swap to what they want to play, or swap to counter a specific comp that they didn't prepare for beforehand. Both of those should be locked out. 

Perfect! Gratitude! 💪

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

This is a good point I didn't consider.

But unfortunately, Arenanet has a track history of definitely allowing one ultra busted spec to exist all the time that people will class stack.

If I was the person making a decision to implement the idea of "1 class per team only", the decision wouldn't be so easy to make. It would probably be a better idea to brainstorm over maybe some kind of alternative to the black & white question here.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

This is a good point I didn't consider.

But unfortunately, Arenanet has a track history of definitely allowing one ultra busted spec to exist all the time that people will class stack.

If I was the person making a decision to implement the idea of "1 class per team only", the decision wouldn't be so easy to make. It would probably be a better idea to brainstorm over maybe some kind of alternative to the black & white question here.

Perhaps the REAL problem is Repeat Elite Specs .. 

• Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, Anaston.2840 said:

Perhaps the REAL problem is Repeat Elite Specs .. 

I wouldn't go so far as to say this either. You can play some elite specs different ways depending on the traitlines you take. Herald can be big nuke or it can be condi sage. Zerker can be big nuke or defensive (not really, but I'd like to hope). Same with spellbreaker. 

These would need to go through a fine toothed comb. There are indeed some instances where adding more of a spec makes the team exponentially stronger, but those could be mitigated by just making the strong thing harder to do if people consider it so valuable that they're willing to apply it multiple times to their group. 

I wouldn't be too upset if it was just capped at 1 elite spec per comp though. There's a measure of flexibility there that can be worked with. 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Eu também não iria tão longe a ponto de dizer isso. Você pode jogar algumas especificações de elite de maneiras diferentes, dependendo das linhas de rastreamento que você seguir. O Herald pode ser  uma grande bomba nuclear  ou pode ser um condi sage. Zerker pode ser  grande nuke  ou defensivo (na verdade não, mas eu gostaria de esperar). O mesmo com o destruidor de feitiços. 

Estes precisariam passar por um pente de dentes finos. De fato, existem alguns casos em que adicionar mais especificações torna a equipe exponencialmente mais forte, mas isso pode ser mitigado apenas tornando a coisa mais difícil mais difícil de fazer se as pessoas a considerarem tão valiosa que estão dispostas a aplicá-la várias vezes ao grupo. . 

Eu não ficaria muito chateado se fosse limitado a 1 especificação de elite por composição. Há uma medida de flexibilidade que pode ser trabalhada. 

I agree! Thanks !

Please ANET, read It. Pay attention in SPVP comunity. We need STRUCTURAL Change on PVP.

Edited by Anaston.2840
  • Confused 1

I think it would be fair to allow players to change characters before/during matches if players are also allowed to change builds while defeated.  It's weird how you can swap builds in 2v2 but not characters, and it's the opposite in 5v5 (but technically you could swap builds in 5v5 if you had multiple characters of the same class with already prepared counter builds).  It might also give some players less reason to go afk... 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Competitive advantages do not belong in competitive modes. I agree with all of these barring the ban of duplicate professions because if class-swapping and DuoQ go away, having duplicate professions becomes more of a handicap than anything else. 👍

Those two changes alone would make PvP worth playing again and it would hurt the wintraders that made it not worth playing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

29 minutes ago, Charybdis.3695 said:

Eu acho que seria justo permitir que os jogadores mudem de personagem antes/durante as partidas se os jogadores também puderem mudar de construção enquanto derrotados . É estranho como você pode trocar builds em 2v2, mas não personagens, e é o oposto em 5v5 (mas tecnicamente você pode trocar builds em 5v5 se tiver vários personagens kitten mesma classe com contra-construções já preparadas). Também pode dar a alguns jogadores menos motivos para ir afk ... 

Sounds interesting. however, hard to happen (A LOT OF) ..

Só... Well... For now, i am with "not allow swapping" 

Thank for the feedback, It Very important! 

❤️

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

31 minutes ago, Multicolorhipster.9751 said:

As vantagens competitivas não pertencem aos modos competitivos. Eu concordo com tudo isso, exceto a proibição de profissões duplicadas, porque se a troca de classes e o DuoQ desaparecerem, ter profissões duplicadas se tornará mais uma desvantagem do que qualquer outra coisa. 👍

Essas duas mudanças por si só fariam o PvP valer a pena jogar novamente e prejudicariam os wintraders que o fizeram não valer a pena jogar.

Thank for comment! Im happy for your agreement. And i understood what u disagree.

Lets makes SPvP grow up . Your and the others players are very important as a parte of It.

We cant accept Guild Wars 2 SPvP like this.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Class stacking should be allowed both so friends who main the same class can play together without one being forced to swap to an alt, but also because sometimes it's funny to just stack 5 of the same build on a team and play some meme matches. When stacking multiple of same class becomes competitively optimal that's a balance issue and disallowing it is simply a bandaid solution to a deeper problem.

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, ArthurDent.9538 said:

Class stacking should be allowed both so friends who main the same class can play together without one being forced to swap to an alt, but also because sometimes it's funny to just stack 5 of the same build on a team and play some meme matches. When stacking multiple of same class becomes competitively optimal that's a balance issue and disallowing it is simply a bandaid solution to a deeper problem.

Thanks for coming back my dear!

basically not allowing to change classes during a match already started being a MAT or AT is totally fair. Today people leave in the middle of the match to change because they don't accept losing. Whoever wants to win trains a composition, as strong as possible, and doesn't change to counter.

But also speaking, about meme, that it be done in unranked.
Ranked and Tournment should be reworked in my opinion.

Tell me a solution without being bandaid, I would like to listen.

1 hour ago, Goldilock.2584 said:

I think u should be able to change build why downed like 3v3s

But not character 

didnot talk about 2v2 or 3v3. Just 5v5. We can vote it another time. vote and show it to ARENANET every  day by sent personal tickets usingo prints and links.

Edited by Anaston.2840
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, SlayerXX.7138 said:

Disagree on all. I resonate with the reasoning, but just locking the door and disable the scoreboard before the match start seems to be way more effective, without all the problems the suggested approach could bring.

Thanks for the feedback, despite your disagreement everyone here is looking for change. Thank you really for being part of this proposal for democratic change.
Among all that we have, any change that comes from us will be great for the community.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ArthurDent.9538 said:

I 100% agree.

Where I still insist that they remove class stacking however, is that Arenanet clearly has no plans to seriously sit down and actually balance this game. In this case, I'd rather just not have class stacking.

For example, regardless of the ridiculously long amounts of time they have allowed Ele to sit in a God Tier position, if they disallowed class stacking, we'd have never seen MATs & Ranked games full of Ele stacks to begin with.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1