Can you stop the turtle from following me? ./annoying

this would be so funny if one gets followed by a annoying Turtle for years.

I had a similar ~no idea how to do~ moment with the glowing naked man.

and there was that bloodstone crazed scream time.

anyway ppl already wrote that's a problem u can solve 😉

• Haha 4
  • Confused 3

On 7/13/2023 at 3:28 AM, Jukhy.2431 said:

Complete the collections to get the mount? No turtle following you after that. They aren't that hard, esp now since you can buy the Thruster Control Unit needed for Suiting Up achie. This used to be rewarded only from completing the Kaineng Overlook strike mission.

Also: Kaineng Overlook has been out a year, players are experienced, so it's a lot easier to complete with a random dailies group.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, idpersona.3810 said:

I miss the turtle following me. I got more enjoyment out of seeing it in Arborstone than I do out of having the mount. 🤷‍♀️

Yeah, there should be an option to have it follow you around cities etc when you aren't mounted 🙂

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

For several months that happened to me too and the only way for it to stop was to complete the achievement, but I wasn't skilled enough to complete the New Kaineng Strike Mission. However, after completing the latest Gyala Delve map, I realized I could purchase the item only previously available by completing the Strike Mission. Once I got it, talking to Rota in Arborstone unlocked the Siege Turtle ending it from following me around. I only wish Arenanet could update the game with more workarounds for users having trouble in certain parts of the game like I did. 

Edited by phaserBanks.7386
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 7/16/2023 at 12:58 AM, phaserBanks.7386 said:

For several months that happened to me too and the only way for it to stop was to complete the achievement, but I wasn't skilled enough to complete the New Kaineng Strike Mission. However, after completing the latest Gyala Delve map, I realized I could purchase the item only previously available by completing the Strike Mission. Once I got it, talking to Rota in Arborstone unlocked the Siege Turtle ending it from following me around. I only wish Arenanet could update the game with more workarounds for users having trouble in certain parts of the game like I did. 

You DID NOT get a free Turtle skin like the Skyscale people want? hahahah

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

i can't imagine how bitter someone has to be to get annoyed by a baby turtle following them around? as others have said, you can finish the achievements and then you can make a personal choice not to ever summon the turtle mount if you don't like it.

Edited by SoftFootpaws.9134
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1