risk vs reward

Balsa.3951

4 minutes ago, Balsa.3951 said:

is it.possible that the balance team can balance this.

tanky a lot substain~low dmg

glass low substain~high dmg

im a little tired of classes can facetank dmg than hit u once and u dead.

I think this happens when a class has access to too many stat mods, from boons or traits. E.G. Vindicator getting +240 power baseline above 50% health and +240 Healing Power Under 50% Health. That's a lot of stats for a spec that has access to high might generation and a trait that gives extra power from Might. Edit:I see this is a PvP thread so this might apply more to WvW.

Edited by SleepyBat.9034

2 hours ago, Balsa.3951 said:

is it.possible that the balance team can balance this.

tanky a lot substain~low dmg

glass low substain~high dmg

im a little tired of classes can facetank dmg than hit u once and u dead.

To be fair... hammer warriors don't hit you once and kill you.  They hit you once and CC you, then keep CC up for the next 10 seconds so you can't stand up, while pounding on you.... then you die.   So its actually hit you many times.... while you can do nothing... then you die.

On 7/13/2023 at 2:30 PM, shion.2084 said:

To be fair... hammer warriors don't hit you once and kill you.  They hit you once and CC you, then keep CC up for the next 10 seconds so you can't stand up, while pounding on you.... then you die.   So its actually hit you many times.... while you can do nothing... then you die.

Well timed CC's too. When I've been CC locked by hammer bros I honestly kinda marvel at how smooth they make it look. It's like I'm being combo'd in a fighting game.

28 minutes ago, Waffles.5632 said:

Well timed CC's too. When I've been CC locked by hammer bros I honestly kinda marvel at how smooth they make it look. It's like I'm being combo'd in a fighting game.

Yeah there's something in my brain that has trouble with the animations too.  Like I see them prep it... I dodge roll behind them... their CC stuns me even though they are facing the wrong direction and I'm behind them.   

• Thanks 1

It's because active defenses, mobility, and CC require 0 stat investment and there's no real counter to them besides chill spam or getting a lucky hit in between immunity windows. If you're on a class with ready access to multiple channeled blocks/immunities or extreme mobility/escape options/stealth then there's virtually no downside to speccing glass. It's really terrible design.

8 hours ago, shion.2084 said:

Which is why Anet should balance the amount of stun breaks and stability each profession has access to, I get that some specs should be able to resist CC more than others, makes sense, but having some of them be essentially immune to it all the time, while having access to loads themselves, and have the damage behind that to kill someone as they stun lock them is what's wrong.

And the worst thing is that even if you let's say could stun break out of that hammer warrior combo, you'd still have a really hard time to kill them because on top of all that they are also very sustainable. 

Personally I love CC, as a Holo main I've got 6 hard CC, and 2 soft CC skills. But I only have one stun break and no stability, so although I deal CC I'm also vulnerable to it, those warriors have plenty of both, and that's the annoying part. 

Which is why from my perspective I think Holo needs the old Crystal Configuration: Eclipse back, because it was a native to Holosmith stability source. I'm sure other people who main other stuff may have simmilar stories to tell about traits of theirs that were unfairly nerfed. 

Edited by jason.1083
  • Thanks 2