Im getting so tired of still being slowed after finishing combat and conditions are gone.

Well, you're probably still in combat with something that's being passively aggressive, meaning your outside their patrol zone so they don't chase, but you got hit earlier likely by one of their long range attacks with quite large aggro range and they are now keeping you in combat, take care of where you are getting hit from, the elementals in particular have both a slow homing missile attack, hard to notice and a very fast missile attack, likely to cause frostbite and extremely hard to notice, I've memorize their patrol patterns and I know where they normally are and what their combat openers are, so I avoid those areas when possible or move close to them with a block ready to avoid combat. 

EDIT:  Also I forgot to mention, because I read it on some peoples posts, chill itself doesn't keep you in combat, the damage that the skill you got hit did, same goes for all non damaging conditions that come with 0 damage to back them up. 

Edited by jason.1083
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/20/2023 at 1:24 AM, Zebulous.2934 said:

I thought it was so that stealthed players couldn't run as far if they momentarily managed to get away from a WvW fight.  You know, give pursuit a chance to find the stealthy one now that he is alone and still limping.

I suppose they could separately code pvp and pve battle timers.  Just add one more thing to go wrong and get broken after each balance patch.  

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Shadow's_Embrace

FYI

A funny little bug as a mesmer is when I somehow manage to hit some of the objects around me.  I don't mean distructible objects, these don't have health.  A piece of the scenery, like a rock or a tree.  This usually results in one of my clones standing fixated on an object. The clone can't attack it, and the clone just persists indefinitely.  I am technically in combat the whole time.  

Your problem may not be an ambient creature somewhere, it maybe that you dealt splash damage to a stone on the ground.

Edit: or perhaps you have crippled or blinded a tree or a bridge.

Edited by Zebulous.2934
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

if you're completely sure that all enemies in range are dead (tab target gives nothing), then you probably hit an invisible object. there's helper objects all over the game world that arenanet forgets to set invulnerable sometimes, and you can get in combat with them quite often.

some of them even show up as chests with the treasure hunter jade bot key, floating in the sky and so on.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1