Fun daze-lock build

kiwituatara.6053

Build is no where near perfect but I am having lots of fun with it and the main goal is to inspire new builds for those that are better at theorycrafting.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?POkAUZlFwOoDMM2JO+SWt7SO3eA-z1IY1oi/UKQC0iCIQRQODBHNL4/aBA-w 

Daze Durations:
 - Concussion Shot: 4s
 - Storm Spirit: 2 x 4s (this can turn into a back-to-back 8s daze)
 - Blood Moon: 2s
 - Lunar Impact: 4s
 - Technobabble (optional): 6s (1200 range, no cast time, no animation)

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?POgAUZlFwOYMMM2JO+SWtzSO3eA-z5gfIFIB6VIEyKwRDAA - I have no idea if it'll work in PvP as I don't play that game mode.

Edit daze duration thanks!

Edited by kiwituatara.6053
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

Stun/Daze duration is additive and capped at 100%, so your numbers are a bit off. Hard cc also does not stack. And no daze glyph on a daze build? But the main problem of this build is, that it doesn't really deal dmg and gets completely hard countered by stab. CC alone does not kill.

There is an old viable "daze druid" build tho, it uses GS + staff and power gear (dragon/crusader/zerk in WvW, zerk in sPvP). Something like this: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?POgAEZlZwYYhMNWJOeXrt7Sk+cA-zZILBHHAA (can be varied a bit).

Edited by Zyreva.1078
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Zyreva.1078 said:

Stun/Daze duration is additive and capped at 100%, so your numbers are a bit off. Hard cc also does not stack. And no daze glyph on a daze build? But the main problem of this build is, that it doesn't really deal dmg and gets completely hard countered by stab. CC alone does not kill.

There is an old viable "daze druid" build tho, it uses GS + staff and power gear (dragon/crusader/zerk in WvW, zerk in sPvP). Something like this: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?POgAEZlZwYYhMNWJOeXrt7Sk+cA-zZILBHHAA (can be varied a bit).

Oh yeah I forget daze has a 100% cap. I got confused cuz I remember moment of clarity interacting with fear duration and you're able to get over the 100% duration cap.

Thanks for the feedback. But yeah definitely has difficulties with stab spam builds. Yeah I would slot in the daze glyph too, but I'm enjoying Technobabble a lot

I wish storm spirit had a higher damage multiplier. I was hoping it would be a new burst that interacted well with Moment of Clarity and Remorseless. With celestial gear it hits about 3k per slam. With full zerk it hits about 4k

• Like 1

Condi Druid is weaker since the June 27th patch, the loss of ancient seeds impacted the immob competitive builds. 

I hope that Anet either revert the changes, or give Druid something other than Eclipse and Blood Moon, as they just don't compare to ancient seeds. 

It is good that you are attempting to overcome the issues Druid now faces.

I did think of employing Technobabble, however due to the CD, I don't feel it would fair well in WvW. They should look at all racial skills and bring down their CD's. 

• Confused 1

31 minutes ago, Arrow Blade of El Elyon.9341 said:

I did think of employing Technobabble, however due to the CD, I don't feel it would fair well in WvW. They should look at all racial skills and bring down their CD's. 

Oh god, that's a blast from the past. I remember technobabble being fairly commonly used in old BM bunker builds.

A cooldown reduction of race skills could be quite nice.

Edited by psizone.8437
Missed a sentence
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Arrow Blade of El Elyon.9341 said:

Condi Druid is weaker since the June 27th patch, the loss of ancient seeds impacted the immob competitive builds.

It's stronger, you just can't run no dmg weapons and expect to get carried by a single trait anymore.

58 minutes ago, Arrow Blade of El Elyon.9341 said:

It is odd that they are now aiming for build diversity yet have not reduced the CD on racial skills, even elite racial skills. Why not, many of them are not that powerful.

That's intentional. Racial skills are deliberately weak, so nobody is forced to play a certain race for certain builds. They are just there for roleplaying.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

Nope, not stronger at all. 

I don't know what you mean by "no dmg weapons", if you are talking about power, Druid scales terribly with power damage, if you are talking condi, I run shortbow, that is hardly a "no dmg weapon".  I don't know what you mean exactly by being carried by a "single" trait, you seen me play? Those who play Druid who I know are not carried by a single trait.

The best competitive Druid player that I know of (Paper Roll) says that Druid is also weaker, and he is hardly carried by a "single" trait. 

Isn't the entirety of the game about roleplaying? I disagree with your reasoning there also.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Arrow Blade of El Elyon.9341 said:

I don't know what you mean by "no dmg weapons", if you are talking about power, Druid scales terribly with power damage, if you are talking condi, I run shortbow, that is hardly a "no dmg weapon".  I don't know what you mean exactly by being carried by a "single" trait, you seen me play? Those who play Druid who I know are not carried by a single trait.

One dmg weapon with one decent dmg skill - that's not a whole lot of offensive power. And if you struggle without AS even tho the removal was well compensated for - then yes, that trait was carrying you.

Anyway, i'm having fun with druid in WvW. Doesn't matter if 1vs1, 1vsX or outnumbered small scale fights - works very well in all of those situations.

Edited by Zyreva.1078
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Arrow Blade of El Elyon.9341 said:

Nope, not stronger at all. 

The best competitive Druid player that I know of (Paper Roll) says that Druid is also weaker, and he is hardly carried by a "single" trait. 

Isn't the entirety of the game about roleplaying? I disagree with your reasoning there also.

Are you sure you watching the same guy. I'm pretty sure he now mains Druid in PvE and WvW roaming. The Ancient Seed trait only really prevented you from taking damage and the enemy retreating. It did virtually no damage, now your CA is a power house of different Conditions. 

Maybe you could make a case for sPvP. 

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, psizone.8437 said:

Oh god, that's a blast from the past. I remember technobabble being fairly commonly used in old BM bunker builds.

A cooldown reduction of race skills could be quite nice.

Dang grandpa, you are old. Lol, I never played those BM bunker builds.

Those were the days.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Grey.3179 said:

Those were the days.

Maybe a little old these days!

BM bunker was the first build I ever used on a level 80 character in WvW and got me hooked on the game.

It was quite a simpler time back then.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Grey.3179 said:

Those were the days.

7 hours ago, psizone.8437 said:

Maybe a little old these days!

BM bunker was the first build I ever used on a level 80 character in WvW and got me hooked on the game.

It was quite a simpler time back then.

Ayyyye BM bunker when apothecary was like the very first new stat set introduced with karka island? I remember someone posting their RRR build and another guy called xsorus, both running BM regen builds

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kiwituatara.6053 said:

Ayyyye BM bunker when apothecary was like the very first new stat set introduced with karka island? I remember someone posting their RRR build and another guy called xsorus, both running BM regen builds

Yup! Watching an xsorus video made me hop into WvW and I never left

• Like 1

I miss reking face pre HoT using my trapper ranger back when traps were thrown lol. 

I remember fighting Paper Roll druid vs druid a few times. Always admired their unique build. Long fights which luckily the wins went in my favor. They def abused ancient seeds (we both did) so it was a battle of endurance. Havent seen them in WvW for a while now although a guildie of mine did pre June 27th patch and had some good fights with them. whenever I see a PARA enemy tag I sometimes get giddy that I might fight them again.

Fought a condi druid today. Long boring fight that I ended up walking away from them (they BMd me as I walked away which is ironic as they tried harder than I in the fight and couldnt kill me)

• Like 1

On 7/21/2023 at 2:33 PM, Zyreva.1078 said:

One dmg weapon with one decent dmg skill - that's not a whole lot of offensive power. And if you struggle without AS even tho the removal was well compensated for - then yes, that trait was carrying you.

Anyway, i'm having fun with druid in WvW. Doesn't matter if 1vs1, 1vsX or outnumbered small scale fights - works very well in all of those situations.

I wouldn't say the removal was well compensated for in the least.  Eclipse has decent cover condis but that's about it--it's objective fact you are in for longer fights than you were with ancient seeds.

Ancient seeds never actually carried anyone, as it had 10/15s ICD depending on competitive mode.  It was very valuable for instant lockdown though, which is something that never got replaced because devs died too much to it trying to run back to their zerg / sPvP comp.  

Anyway, reason staff is chosen instead of another damaging weapon is there is currently no other good option.  You can go Axe/Torch but lose all kiting ability, and now that you have both a chill and burn on CA skills it is just redundant.

With weaponmaster this MAY change as you can run D/D---you'd still lose a ton of survivability though.  In almost all fights tanking is way more important than damage--at least fights that aren't in your favor.  If they are in your favor then just run glass soulbeast, nothing beats spiking a target in ~3 seconds.

For OP, you should run Glyph of Equality, it may be the best competitive ranger skill in the game.  I can't tell you how many fights it won me. 

Also, look into pet CC's, they are very important for lockdown of targets.  

Example would be:

EDIT: Hopefully that starts at the right time, but its 6:11 if it doesn't. 

Edited by Gotejjeken.1267
  • Like 1

On 7/25/2023 at 6:59 AM, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

I wouldn't say the removal was well compensated for in the least.  Eclipse has decent cover condis but that's about it--it's objective fact you are in for longer fights than you were with ancient seeds.

Ancient seeds never actually carried anyone, as it had 10/15s ICD depending on competitive mode.  It was very valuable for instant lockdown though, which is something that never got replaced because devs died too much to it trying to run back to their zerg / sPvP comp.  

Anyway, reason staff is chosen instead of another damaging weapon is there is currently no other good option.  You can go Axe/Torch but lose all kiting ability, and now that you have both a chill and burn on CA skills it is just redundant.

Keeping it short to not derail this topic too much, because it's kinda unrelated to "daze" builds, but:

1. We got more than just Eclipse. Druid has now more dmg potential than before.

2. AS absolutely carried most druids. Especially sb/staff - that's why it doesn't work as well anymore. But druid still has some good lockdown options, just a bit less trivial than "press random button on cced enemy".

3. Sword is great now, so are axe (mh), dagger (oh) and torch. No need to run staff.

Edited by Zyreva.1078
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 7/26/2023 at 12:46 PM, Zyreva.1078 said:

Keeping it short to not derail this topic too much, because it's kinda unrelated to "daze" builds, but:

1. We got more than just Eclipse. Druid has now more dmg potential than before.

I think if you go in and compare pre-nerf bleed numbers to everything Eclipse provides now you will understand.  We went from actual functional damage to 'potential' if all the stars and the blood moon align.

Essentially Ancient Seeds was great at killing people that had no idea what an immob remover is or catching people out.  But vs. lot of cleanse or people running dual cleansing sigils it was nearly useless without setting it up with something else first (usually like Entangle, Pet CC to get them to waste a cleanse, etc.).  

Also, I have to disagree that even Sw/D is nowhere near Staff for kiting/solo survivability.  The rest aren't even comparable to staff as they are either hybrid/straight condi weapons with no kite ability.  Staff is literally insane, especially if you know how to reduce CD of #3 with pet and run QD, you are like sonic.  

Which is why I posted the long post above, to say IMO there really is no better option than Sb/Staff for a condi daze build--if you slant into power maybe Axe/Wh but it's kind of preference to me.  

This is also coming from Druid since the OP posted mostly Druid stuff in that build.  For pure daze/damage I think Untamed is way better as you can get controllable Daze off pets there like Crack Gazelle.  Also, more utility with it, but harder to pull off as if anything 'carries' Druid builds its Celestial Shadow.  

• Like 2