Toggle Virtuoso Blades Request

Alsandar.7420

This is a small thing and very polite request 🙂 But I just don't want those pink blades flying above my head, haha. Don't get me wrong, the blades are beautiful, and they have an incredible animation. They just don't match my mesmer and I have to look at them 24/7. The clone dots by my f keys would be just fine for me.

Thanks ANET!!

Edited by Alsandar.7420
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

A checkbox "Hide your profession visuals when your weapons are stowed outside WvW and sPvP" would do good for everybody.

It would let people choose to show or hide Virtuoso's blades, Revenant wrists Legend effect, Elementalist wrists Attunement effect, etc.

• Like 7

5 hours ago, Kulvar.1239 said:

A checkbox "Hide your profession visuals when your weapons are stowed outside WvW and sPvP" would do good for everybody.

It would let people choose to show or hide Virtuoso's blades, Revenant wrists Legend effect, Elementalist wrists Attunement effect, etc.

Why limit it in such a way though? Such an option should only hide in on your screen anyway, so the effects may as well be hidden all the time.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Fueki.4753 said:

Why limit it in such a way though? Such an option should only hide in on your screen anyway, so the effects may as well be hidden all the time.

Because fashion wars, this option must be something that also effect what other people see.

The same way you wouldn't want the gear toggle checkbox to be client only.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Kulvar.1239 said:

Because fashion wars, this option must be something that also effect what other people see.

The same way you wouldn't want the gear toggle checkbox to be client only.

What if I don't want to see anyone's pink tooth picks?

What if I don't want to see anyone's over-sized backpacks?

What if I don't want to see anyone's floating balls of particle vomit coming from their accessories?

I should have the choice to not see any of these, because having that choice objectively makes the game better.

If your choice of "fashion" is equivalent to making the game worse for other players, you deserve to not have your idea of "fashion" on their screens.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 7/25/2023 at 12:13 PM, Fueki.4753 said:

What if I don't want to see anyone's pink tooth picks?

What if I don't want to see anyone's over-sized backpacks?

What if I don't want to see anyone's floating balls of particle vomit coming from their accessories?

I should have the choice to not see any of these, because having that choice objectively makes the game better.

If your choice of "fashion" is equivalent to making the game worse for other players, you deserve to not have your idea of "fashion" on their screens.

Oh boy. Now the whole game and every player has to conform to your aesthetic?

Thing is, there is a world out there, full of people who will look, act, talk, etc. in ways you don't like. It's a social game, with other players in it.

Your dream of making it all yours will never happen.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Norseman.4280 said:

Oh boy. Now the whole game and every player has to conform to your aesthetic?

That's why a client-side option to turn off the particle vomit on my screen would be the best option.

That way, other players can have all the pink particle vomit they want on their screens, while I get to turn them all off on my screen.

Edited by Fueki.4753

• 3 weeks later...