Celestial IS balanced.

I was wearing exotic and going up against all kinds of ascended gear and food setups and never complained once, just figured it was a part of the game that I wasn't utilizing. This was back in the day when there was no mounts. 

A 30 min fight sounds like a good fight and I don't see the problem. I feel like if they can't one shot someone somethings wrong, and that comes from the dependance of using super uber power gear. They're doing the exact same thing they're saying someone else is doing except it's a different gear set but still considered uber. Nothing but ego trippin with a bit of pettiness and bitterness mixed in.

There's one answer to this problem "get better", do like the pve players do "adapt" when you run into a new npc with new mechanics or higher stats. It can't be that bad because what I see in wvw is someone lose  and in no time they're back rolling deep with thieves and and a healer (guardian class). Where's the sportsmanship?

Win some, lose some.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

On 7/26/2023 at 12:52 PM, Lalary.3561 said:

Please enlighten me. What are some good counter builds to some of absolutely broken cele metas out there? You can't seriously think this game has a great balance when two players duke it out for 30+ mins with no kittern outcome or until one gets bored to death.

And you dying on celestial harbinger... I hope the deaths came from blobs for your sake cuz even the Celesital god can't save you if u died on 1v1.

If 2 players want to spend 30+ minutes and then bored themself to death while they can respond to call out and defend their server,  IS NOT  an indication that Celestial is not balanced, it is at best means there are 2 very bored dude playing games at same skill level.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

On 7/27/2023 at 6:15 PM, ravic.3742 said:

Not sure why you are confused. Decent players can 2 or 3 v 1 a celestial roamer pretty easily. I do this every day. However, most of the complaints we see are the result of people seeing a bunch of bad players being unable to kill a single celestial roamer. This doesn't mean celestial is "balanced," but the problem is not as acute as some people would have you believe.

I don't entirely disagree with your second thought. If a stat combo is not fun to fight against, and makes roaming generally less fun, it probably shouldn't exist.

You mean decent players can 1v3 bad celestial players (unless you actually meant 3 vs 1 cele player in which case huh)

You then dilute the problem down to simply "bad players can't kill one cele player so they complain" which is an over simplification, I mean this is what media news outlets do to silence people - rephrase and misrepresent the issue but present it as fact

The problem is not as acute? I feel like you could've just said nothing and this discussion would've been the same. Don't mean to be rude but this is exactly why these discussions never go anywhere because someone will take your bait and, like me, type an essay in response to it 😂

• Like 1
  • Confused 3