Celestial IS balanced.

Cele is BiS on hybrid builds which we have seen more of. But its not always BiS on none hybrid builds. People are still getting used to its not just a power vs condi vs tank world. If the issues against hybrid builds, is they are hybrid, go to the class forums and address the skills that are OP.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 9

Players want their prefered chosen build to counter all builds, if they encounter a build that poses a challenge to them but can be beaten by changing their build they will opt to instead cry constantly in the forums in hopes that the problematic build will be nerfed enough that their build can better handle it, that's the sole reason this games pvp forums has any traffic at all left, most players won't step foot in here.

Edited by Psycoprophet.8107
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 7/23/2023 at 6:59 PM, GoldenPants.1870 said:

I said it, it had to be said, I'm sorry, but celestial gear is balanced, your stats doesn't reach as big as three or four stat sets, I think the issue no one wants to learn how to play and counter builds that uses celestial, if it wasn't balanced then no one would run anything but celestial. It's balanced, people just need to learn to play around it.

I have died several times on celestial harbinger, and people say celestial is unkillable, people just need to stop overreacting.

Please enlighten me. What are some good counter builds to some of absolutely broken cele metas out there? You can't seriously think this game has a great balance when two players duke it out for 30+ mins with no kittern outcome or until one gets bored to death.

And you dying on celestial harbinger... I hope the deaths came from blobs for your sake cuz even the Celesital god can't save you if u died on 1v1.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Lalary.3561 said:

Please enlighten me. What are some good counter builds to some of absolutely broken cele metas out there? You can't seriously think this game has a great balance when two players duke it out for 30+ mins with no kittern outcome or until one gets bored to death.

And you dying on celestial harbinger... I hope the deaths came from blobs for your sake cuz even the Celesital god can't save you if u died on 1v1.

Regardless of for or against. What is your build that is running into issues and what do you think you are fighting? Without that, even if this was a conversation of why Berserker is OP, it would be hard for posters to offer up info.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

7 hours ago, Lalary.3561 said:

Well, you see, OP died running one of the strongest builds and therefore Celestial is balanced.

• Haha 5
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

Well, you see, OP died running one of the strongest builds and therefore Celestial is balanced.

A sharp contrast to every other thread on this forum where OP died to Celestial while running one of the strongest builds and therefore Celestial is imbalanced.

In fact, in most cases they didn't even die to Celestial, they simply got driven off 🤷‍♂️.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, subversiontwo.7501 said:

In fact, in most cases they didn't even die to Celestial, they simply got driven off 🤷‍♂️.

That's the thing about roaming, isn't it? People like to pretend that it's a series of 1v1 duels, but in reality it's almost never balanced like that unless the map is absolutely dead. Solo roaming in particular places a premium on mobility and burst damage over sustain since no one can survive vs a group no matter how much celestial they stack. The issue is that most roamers see enemies as content, and it always feels bad when content is *not* killable simply because they chose a tanky stat. This is further exacerbated by the fact that the average player in wvw is absolutely horrible, so you'll see situations where an experienced cele roamer tanks 4-5 bad players forever.

I personally dislike cele because of the way cele players act. They are actively stacking a stat that makes 1v1 fights slow and bad, but then get offended when no one wants to fight them. Yes, I'll walk away from a 1v1 vs a cele roamer. Yes, I'll shadow that roamer until he runs into someone else so I can +1. No, I don't feel bad that I killed him. Welcome to wvw, and thanks for the packet of salt.

Edit: A word.

Edited by ravic.3742
Missed a word.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, bluberblasen.9684 said:

Catalysts are dead after the last patch.

So it's only harbinger, willbender and renegades 😉

Ppl really think this unironically. The same ones who thought it was OP before the nerfs. *Laughs in continues to do the exact same things on the exact same builds but suddenly no one thinks I'm OP and now it's just skill apparently, as if it wasn't always that way*

• Haha 1
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 1

Just kidding

2 minutes ago, solemn.9670 said:

Ppl really think this unironically. The same ones who thought it was OP before the nerfs. *Laughs in continues to do the exact same things on the exact same builds but suddenly no one thinks I'm OP and now it's just skill apparently, as if it wasn't always that way*

I would never play smelly elementalist. I am blood magic death magic trailblazer celestial harbinger for life, and if my 1111 does not successfully defeat my foes I go straight to Necro subforum to say we need an extra 1000 toughness. Based

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 6

4 hours ago, ravic.3742 said:

no one can survive vs a group no matter how much celestial they stack. [...]you'll see situations where an experienced cele roamer tanks 4-5 bad players forever.

...?

4 hours ago, ravic.3742 said:

I personally dislike cele because of the way cele players act. They are actively stacking a stat that makes 1v1 fights slow and bad, but then get offended when no one wants to fight them. Yes, I'll walk away from a 1v1 vs a cele roamer. Yes, I'll shadow that roamer until he runs into someone else so I can +1. No, I don't feel bad that I killed him. Welcome to wvw, and thanks for the packet of salt.

Toxicity is unrelated to the build someone plays. And don't blame players for this stale meta. It's entirely anets responsibility to balance that stuff. Players shouldn't have to "self handicap" in oder to keep the game in a fun and healthy state.

Edited by Zyreva.1078
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 7/24/2023 at 2:59 AM, GoldenPants.1870 said:

I said it, it had to be said, I'm sorry, but celestial gear is balanced, your stats doesn't reach as big as three or four stat sets, I think the issue no one wants to learn how to play and counter builds that uses celestial, if it wasn't balanced then no one would run anything but celestial. It's balanced, people just need to learn to play around it.

I have died several times on celestial harbinger, and people say celestial is unkillable, people just need to stop overreacting.

No it is NOT balanced.

• Like 4
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

On 7/24/2023 at 3:50 PM, subversiontwo.7501 said:

... wall of text

So, what I understand is, that the celestial gear just points out the flawed builds/class-designs. And don't kill the messenger it won't help with the problem.

On 7/24/2023 at 4:24 AM, Riba.3271 said:

Concentration doesn't seem like a big deal but it does provide 50% longer duration on stability, vigor, regen, resolution and protection

Well you strip that and then right after strip that again.
Oh wait, Anet just nerfed that. Darn.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

Celestial gives what? Like 30% more stats than other equipment. Not balanced at all.

Then add might boon being imbalanced as a whole increases to that stacked with celestial,  since it's a raw stat increase celestial benefits far more than other dps builds do while maintaining the defenses and boon duration to abuse it. Celestial gear base stats os 639 full and might is 750 they get more more than their full value worth of benefit from might,  while something like viper or berserker in their respective stat are 1382  they get about half the value lol... if might gave a percent based buff rather than raw stat increase celestial wouldn't be able to abuse it as hard.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

Play like a celestial player to fight a celestial player... Maybe we should all start roaming in a golem. Maybe celestial players would finally figure it out. Or here is a better idea, start running in a 5 man full zerker machine gun squad to mow everything down. "Why no one wants to 1v1 me sadface".

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

On 7/26/2023 at 12:25 PM, Zyreva.1078 said:

...?

Toxicity is unrelated to the build someone plays. And don't blame players for this stale meta. It's entirely anets responsibility to balance that stuff. Players shouldn't have to "self handicap" in oder to keep the game in a fun and healthy state.

Not sure why you are confused. Decent players can 2 or 3 v 1 a celestial roamer pretty easily. I do this every day. However, most of the complaints we see are the result of people seeing a bunch of bad players being unable to kill a single celestial roamer. This doesn't mean celestial is "balanced," but the problem is not as acute as some people would have you believe.

I don't entirely disagree with your second thought. If a stat combo is not fun to fight against, and makes roaming generally less fun, it probably shouldn't exist.

• Confused 1