I Just got the Skyscale....and It feel Very bittersweet.

26 minutes ago, Zebulous.2934 said:

Well, at least we know what the extra mastery perks are for completing the original collection.

Where did you get that from? Extra perks come from having PoF mastery line, not the original collection.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 2

As I understand somewhat of frustration I'm one of those people who just wasn't interested in getting the Skyscale with how I play the game I never really thought I'd get one with what you had to it wasn't on my radar. Also they probably want to give more players the Skyscale to expand on the gameplay because of a lot of players don't even attempt to get it most likely so the developers can't do much new in the expansion involving flying. Unless they gave temporary mounts in the specific missions but this helps sales as well too and other aspects. If so many don't have it I see it as a negative. Some players like me wouldn't do all that grinding (Especially coming from WoW which I quit for this game when GW2 released and it had flying mounts, and Destiny the grinding to all heck series) since we're juggling life or many other games in this live service or expansive game era IMO.

Edited by DarkReign.4503
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

The reward is just the Skyscale, unfortunately. I understand your sentiments though, cuz at this point in the game, it feels like the Skyscale is the standard now and you're just playing catch-up to be like everyone else.  Personally, I wouldn't mind if they made older content easier or made the collection shorter, or even gave you the skyscale outright. Heck, they should make Griffon easier too. But, that will be dev's decision to make and I think historically, they have been against tampering with older content, even if it means helping new players. They have gotten slightly better over the years by adding Beginner Achievements and Tutorials, but I think more has to be done.

If they do give away the Skyscale and Griffon, Im sure more people would buy the mount skins, so there really isn't any reason why the collection shouldn't be made easier.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I think you are overthinking it OP. I have skyscale on 3 accounts now 2 done when it first came out, and im not upset about others getting it easier.

I do understand the idea of having a skin for it prior to the nerfs , but I can live without it

Edited by Artemis.8034
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, Defias.1892 said:

If they do give away the Skyscale and Griffon, Im sure more people would buy the mount skins, so there really isn't any reason why the collection shouldn't be made easier.

I absolutely agree.  It makes a lot of sense to make sure that most players have both.  I've spent so much RL money on the skins for my griffon.  I love my big birdie and want to make him pretty too.  I don't like what the basic skyscale looks like and would definitely spend some RL money making him pretty.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, kharmin.7683 said:

Both skyscale and griffon for free?  Heck, why not just give the expansion away for free then?

Ok, this makes no sense at all.  ESO, for instance, gives mounts and costumes away when you buy the deluxe expansions so how is putting them into the expansions going to make people not buy the expansions.  It would make them want the highest tier of the expansion even more which means more money in Anet's pocket.  I own the griffin, did all the hard work for it, paid my gold for it, etc.  But it wouldn't bother me at all it if was easier for people to get.  I think the people who think it should be "like we did it in the old days" are selfish and want to make sure it isn't a mount that a lot of casuals have.  I am for whatever will put more money in Anet's hands so maybe, just maybe, the game won't go the same way as SWTOR.

Edited by Tere.4759
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Eso mounts are not at all the same thing.  Eso has two mounts and they both just run.  You can apply skins to the single player mount so that it looks like a horse, an elk, a bipedal reptile, or a mechanical insect.  None of those skins change how that mount functions. More recently eso has added a two player mount, I think it has two or three skins, it still just runs along the ground.  Gw2 mounts are far, far, beyond the mounts in eso.  Flying, teleporting, hovering above water, and swimming underwater; the primitive eso mount cannot do any of those things.  It's like comparing a sword to a sharp stick. 

Edit: Yes if you buy an eso expansion Zenimax gives out mount skins, they really are just cosmetic skins, for its free primitive mount.

Besides, anet is giving away a skyscale skin and a helmet skin with SotO. The skin will wait in a player's account wardrobe until they actually obtain a skyscale to put it on.  Anet is not giving away the actual skyscale.

Edited by Zebulous.2934
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

20 minutes ago, Zebulous.2934 said:

Eso mounts are not at all the same thing.  Eso has two mounts and they both just run.  You can apply skins to the single player mount so that it looks like a horse, an elk, a bipedal reptile, or a mechanical insect.  None of those skins change how that mount functions. More recently eso has added a two player mount, I think it has two or three skins, it still just runs along the ground.  Gw2 mounts are far, far, beyond the mounts in eso.  Flying, teleporting, hovering above water, and swimming underwater the primitive eso mount cannot do any of those things.  It's like comparing a sword to a sharp stick. 

Edit: Yes if you buy an eso expansion Zenimax gives out mount skins, they really are just cosmetic skins, for its free primitive mount.

Besides, anet is giving away a skyscale skin and a helmet skin with SotO. The skin will wait in a player's account wardrobe until they actually obtain a skyscale to put it on.  Anet is not giving away the actual skyscale.

That is NOT the point.  The point IS that if they did give it away in an expansion, people would buy the expansion.  Art is art no matter where it's from and it's really ridiculous to think otherwise.  

4 hours ago, Zebulous.2934 said:

Besides, anet is giving away a skyscale skin and a helmet skin with SotO. The skin will wait in a player's account wardrobe until they actually obtain a skyscale to put it on.

Do you mean the Skyscale skin that will be available as a collection to unlock once the new Skyscale Mastery is completed?  No Skyscale skins are 'waiting in account wardrobe' or available with Secrets of the Obscure (pre)purchase.

From the News Blog:  After you complete the Flight Training Mastery line and the Guild Wars 2: Secrets of the Obscure skyscale collection, a new collection will open up that awards a Kryptis-themed skyscale skin.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/soaring-with-the-skyscale/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

From the News Blog:  After you complete the Flight Training Mastery line and the Guild Wars 2: Secrets of the Obscure skyscale collection, a new collection will open up that awards a Kryptis-themed skyscale skin.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/soaring-with-the-skyscale/

Huh, memory is a strange thing. I suppose I really should re-read source material one more time before posting, no matter how well I think I remember it.  I knew that skins could be unlocked before unlocking the mount itself.  I thought that I saw the skin displayed with the pre-order news.  I suppose I made an assumption based on that and just skimmed over that section when I read the material.  

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1